April 18, 2014 | 1814 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Garnier - Clean Sensitive 2-in-1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2008 5:26:00 AM More reviews by lolemily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this as far as removing make-up - quick, easy, not much tugging. But after a few days my skin started pushing up a bunch of whiteheads ): Other than that, I liked it and for someone less break-out prone it could be nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by LittleChiuffy

I am actually reviewing the regular sensitive eye makeup remover, not the two phased one as I wear no heavy duty makeup. But this one is very nice as well. Great price and no complaints. Read my other reviews of this line, you will see why :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by kitten_devine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very decent make-up remover for sensitive skin. It's good too for people that don't have sensitive skin, skin care products that are gentle for the skin are always better I think.
It does a good job at removing eye make-up. It's not one wipe and all your mascara and eyeshadow is gone, but neither do you have to rub very hard. I haven't found a make-up remover yet that takes it all away in one swipe, so for now this is the one I like best.
It does leave an oily feeling to your skin, but it feels more silky then other oil containing removers.

I wouldn't recommend it though for use on the face if your acne prone, because the 4th ingredient is isopropyl palmitate, which clogs up pores. I think this is what made me break out more when I did use it for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 7:06:00 AM More reviews by ajh96

this is the only thing at my work which removes those long lasting lipsticks ie loreal infallible, after little old ladies insist on trying out the colours on my hands and arms. This product is fragrance free, any scent that you may smell is from the rose water i believe it contains.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Daffiny

I brought this from the supermarket and it is by far the best eye make up remover I have ever tried.

I usually use the Lancome dual phase one but ran out and saw this on sale. It is very effective in removing waterproof eye makeup.

Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by mskilicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome. Seriously. I fell in love with dual-phase eye makeup removers some years ago (Chanel, then Lancome) and loved how effective and quick, yet gentle they were. Being wiser about money than I was then, I didn't want to spend 15 on a mu remover, so I tried the Boots version. It was ok, but not quite as effective. Anyway, when I ran out of that recently I thought I'd see what drugstore options there were these days. Found this baby on offer in Superdrug, 200ml for around 3.50.

I can't rave enough about it - one cotton wool pad soaked in this stuff clears ALL my eye mu on both eyes. Gel liners, waterproof mascara, everything just comes off. I don't even let it sit on my eyes like the previous reviewer, I'm too impatient, but it works perfectly. Absolutely no irritation whatsoever (it's called Clean Sensitive as it's designed for sensitive skin and eyes). Contains the perfect balance of oil and rosewater-based tonic to not leave an oily film, at all. For reference, it's approx 1/3 oil to 2/3 tonic rather than the 50/50 I've used before, and you can tell. It feels like water, just much, much more effective at removing makeup. Oh and it's both fragrance and alcohol free.

I think the regular price of this is around a fiver for 200ml, which IMO is a steal.

The packaging says it can be used all over the face and neck but as I have cleansers for those areas I'm very happy with, I use this for the eye area only.

The only negative comment I'd make is that it can be a little easy to pour out too much liquid. It has a flip-top lid and maybe the actual opening could be a little smaller? But that's such a tiny issue it's not really worth mentioning, I just want to be as critical as I can...lol.

*Highly* recommended.

Me: dry and fine skin, first eye area wrinkles forming. AHA and retinol user.

Ingreds:
Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Rose Centifolia Flower Water, Dipotassium Phosphate, Poloxamer 184, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, CI 61565 / Green 6 (F.I.L. B26656/1)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 4:14:00 AM More reviews by foxykitty25

this is a new eye makeup remover from garnier made for sensitive skin and i really like it. it has 2 layers (oil and water) so you have to shake it before putting some into the cotton pads. it does a very good job in removing eye makeup. i just let the cotton sit on my (closed) eyes for like 15-20 seconds and gently swipe it and all my eyeshadow is removed. it contains oil but i dont mind coz i think it actually moisturizes my eye area and it also helps to dissolve eye makeup and waterproof mascara effectively without being too harsh. its alcohol free and contains rose water and vitamin B5.