July 25, 2014 | 1762 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Garnier - 2-in-1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by StewieGriffin

I purchased this with the intention of finding a cheaper alternative to the Clarins heavy eye makeup remover I was using. What I liked about the latter was its oil based formula as I find this glides on the eyes quite nicely. Thus, I was in search of something similar. Coincidentally, the oil layer is also blue ;]

INFO: Dual layer formula - half oil/ half cleansing water. Contains rosa centifolia flower water & vitamin B5 (good for the skin), does NOT contain alcohol, thus safe for sensitive eyes. Scent is pleasant, nothing special.

PROS: Does its job very efficiently & it's cheap! Great dual oil formula, plus I like the added benefit of the vitamins and plant extract. Did not irritate my eyes.

CONS: Silly cap design makes for easy spillage if you're not careful when using it. Also, you have to shake it before every upside down flip of the bottle (i.e per cotton ball, not just the use of it that night). Not a big deal if you don't, but then the oil layer reforms =[

All in all great product! I will continue to buy for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this first in France (I am living in the US) and I liked it so much I stocked up (and ask my family to buy it for me). I tried both Almay and Neutrogena's dual phase e/mu remover and they both sting or leave a greasy residue. I use this Garnier every night for my waterproof, budgeproof makeup and it does a good job. It doesn't have a discernable fragrance and doesn't sting my eyes. I plan to stock up when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Is effective, not in a one swipe advertisement way but does the job in two or three gentle strokes. teensy bit of a smell though it says its perfume and alcohol free. Its waterproof and can be used over the eyes as well. This is the quickest, most effective, zero reaction to skin, best smelling makeup remover ive used sofar and i will be buying it again.

CONS terrible cap design allowing liquid to spill out more than required allover the place. It also leaves a very smooth oily sheen on face but i wash with soap free liquid anyways so it doesnt disturb me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This dual-phase eye makeup remover removes waterproof eye makeup just as effectively as my favourite Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover, but has a smoother finish and feels less oilier. I'm not too keen on the blue liquid as I don't know that it needs any dyes added to it. But my biggest complaint with this is the nozzle design. The opening is so small, I can't just turn it upside down to wet a cotton ball, and end up having to squeeze the bottle to squirt it out which often ends up wasting product and creating a bit of a mess. I ended up transferring this into another container. This won't stop me from repurchasing it though as it's a great product and good value for money. This is currently my go to waterproof eye makeup remover. I think it's also cheaper than the Neutrogena.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Used it on one eye and it reacted badly!!

I felt a stinging and itching on eye lid skin.

When I looked in the mirror it had made a strawberry pink burn/lump on my upper eyelid.

I still like this brand I've tried the non-waterproof Clean Sensitive Moisture Infusion Cleansing Water (with the pump) and that is lovely and gentle. Just not this harsh product :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 7:31:00 AM More reviews by fried_twinkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a damn good make up remover. It removes all my eye make up without a hitch, even on my heavy days! I used to use Clinique Take the day off make up remover, but this is comparable and with less greasy residue (not like it matter much since I cleanse afterward anyway). I'll continue to use this one from now on, as long as Garnier doesn't discontinue it (which they seem to like to do!). The price is dirt cheap.

The only con I can think of is I HATE the lid... It makes me spill more than I need a lot of times, wasting product... Grr. Wish Garnier would come up with a better lid.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by carllin87

This is just an OK makeup remover. I usually use this for removing eye makeup as mascara is the trickiest to remove and I'd like a quick fix sometimes. This remover does somewhat dissolve the mascara and things... everything else get removed perfectly but a lot of times some mascara gets left behind and i have to use another remover to clean up the rest.

The packaging isn't that great either. The bottle cap's design doesn't allow much control over how much product comes out and i do end up either getting too little product or just wasting it when it all comes pouring out =(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2008 5:26:00 AM More reviews by lolemily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this as far as removing make-up - quick, easy, not much tugging. But after a few days my skin started pushing up a bunch of whiteheads ): Other than that, I liked it and for someone less break-out prone it could be nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by LittleChiuffy

I am actually reviewing the regular sensitive eye makeup remover, not the two phased one as I wear no heavy duty makeup. But this one is very nice as well. Great price and no complaints. Read my other reviews of this line, you will see why :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by kitten_devine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very decent make-up remover for sensitive skin. It's good too for people that don't have sensitive skin, skin care products that are gentle for the skin are always better I think.
It does a good job at removing eye make-up. It's not one wipe and all your mascara and eyeshadow is gone, but neither do you have to rub very hard. I haven't found a make-up remover yet that takes it all away in one swipe, so for now this is the one I like best.
It does leave an oily feeling to your skin, but it feels more silky then other oil containing removers.

I wouldn't recommend it though for use on the face if your acne prone, because the 4th ingredient is isopropyl palmitate, which clogs up pores. I think this is what made me break out more when I did use it for my face.