OPI Black Cherry Chutney

4.3

on 5/13/2008 11:12:00 AM

Black Cherry Chutney was released with the OPI India collection in 2008. It is such a pretty color! To me it's a very dark purple with flashes of red shimmer. It's almost black from a distance. I like this one much better than other dark n/p I have, for example Lincoln Park After Dark.
To me this color has that little extra dimension that makes the color just gorgeous!

As always with OPI n/p the quality is amazing. Good lasting power, easy to apply and one coat provides enough coverage and an even color. I just love OPI n/p and will continue trying more colors.

I'd definitely repurchase! I'm so glad I got this color. continued >>

on 4/16/2008 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like the polish overall-- it's that near black with a slight reddish shimmer-- but it's a bit ubiquitous, no? Usual good OPI formula (not loving the pro-wides for my toes, alas) and it suits a lot of looks. But if you want red shimmer that shows up well, ie. visible in anything other than the brightest lights, opt for China Glaze Lubu Heels.

I love this colour and i love OPI.

Only set back is the brush - it's so wide I find it harder to brush on without getting some on the side of my finger.

on 3/26/2008 10:44:00 AM

I've this in the mini size and I had lots of problems with the brush, too tini for such a dark color. I'm waiting for the full size but I'm not sure if I like this color. It's another "almost black" shade, but I find it to be less interesting than the 2 lincolns. It has a very subtle dark shimmer impossible to see indoor, a little bit more evident in sun light. I'm not impressed and I don't think it matches my skin tone. It's streaky and I needed 3 coats to achieve bottle color (in the bottle it's gorgeous because the shimmers are so visible...), but i guess it's also because of the tiny brush of the mini size.
I'll uptade the review as soon as I receive the full size.

on 3/22/2008 3:55:00 PM

I have been on the hunt for a perfect dark vamp-y colour that looks blackish but not actually black. This is fab! I bought it as a mini trio of the new India collection and let me tell you, this is most likely my HG of dark colours. I have numerous similar shades but the subtle shimmer and the red undertones give this colour a lot more depth. Now I will have to spring for the full sized bottle as I am sure to run out quickly! Cheers!

on 3/19/2008 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I looove this shade-- it is my fav of the India collection (But I haven't tried Yoga-ta Try This Blue! yet so that might change.. miiight). A dark almost black but with a gorgeous deep red shimmer to it. But I do have one small complaint-- there were some stray bristles that stuck out on the brush that were super annoying to deal with until I finally had to yank them out.

on 3/18/2008 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really pretty brownish purple on me. You can control the color a lot with coat thickness and it has a nice sparkle in the sun, though it looks a lot more flat inside. If you want to see a pic, it's actually the color that Ashley Alexandra Dupre (the Elliot Spitzer hooker) is wearing in the famous picture that's in a lot of magazines with her holding up two fingers at the camera- don't worry- it's not an inappropriate picture if you want to google it. :)

on 3/16/2008 6:55:00 PM

I really like the color (very dark blue red with flashes of red shimmer ... almost black from a distance.) Total coverage in 2 coats, and awesome shine. It wears so-so -- I had to touch up tips several times over the course of the week. The reason I didn't give it a better score -- Milani makes a twin ... Garnet Gems, with more of the red shimmer, but very close. Wear is actually better with the Milani, for me. And only ~$3 a bottle.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

BCC is a new HG vamp for me. I found it to be an improvement on OPI's attempt at big three free. It applied easily, three coats to bottle color, but I'm a three coat kind of gal. The color is fantatstic! Deep and simultaneously rich, with a fabulous flash of deep purple shimmer, most prevalent in sunlight. It wore well under normal circumstances.

on 3/11/2008 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i agree with other reviewers. it look black from far away but up close it has purple tones and a perfect red shimmer. i also really like how shiny the finish is.

i plan on wearing this dark color when i'm in a dark mood. probably in the winter time. or a night event.

in my experience all opi polishes start to chip after ~3 days...but what polish doesnt?

Top Rated OPI Products