Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

green tea (tea bags or leaves), preferably organic. step 1: brew a cup and drink. step 2: massage the used tea bag on cleansed face :D or:: you can refrigerate the teabags to use them cold, or use a cotton ball dipped in the tea on your face rather than teabags...whatever you feel comfortable with :)

I decided to try green tea toner after reading the reviews on here. I poured a gallon of water into a pot and then tossed in about 5-6 tea bags. In hindsight, that was probably overkill, but I was excited. Anyway, I brought the water to a boil and then let the mixture simmer until it was as brewed as it could possibly be. I let it cool and poured it back into the gallon container and stored it in the fridge. I'm not sure how long it will last, but it's convenient because I can pour a mug of it and heat it in the microwave, or pour a little out and dip a cotton ball into it to use as the toner. I have only used this for a few days, but I have to say WOW I am so impressed! I applied the toner to my clean face, and it felt really good. I swabbed my whole face thoroughly using enough to leave it a bit wet, switching cotton balls often to ensure cleanliness. I let my face air dry. Then I applied a little moisturizer. Almost immediately my acne was calmed down and my pores looked amazing. I'm talking smaller, smoother, clearer. I stared at them up close in my mirror for a long time. I'm totally psyched. I'm going to start regularly applying in the morning and evening. This is awesome for oily skin, it really takes out the oil. For this reason I personally wouldn't use it around my eyes, and since it can be drying, a little moisturizer might be necessary. Next I am going to try the recipe another reviewer posted with the apple cider vinegar....I want flawless skin too! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I use this everyday. I make a cup of green tea and let it cool, then apply it morning and night with a cotton ball after I wash my face with Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I really like how it makes my skin feel- refreshed and clean. I have moderate acne and extreme redness and irritation on my chin. It only seems to reduce redness but nothing dramatic. But I like the way it makes my skin feel: very clean without being dried out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this! It is soo easy to make and it cost me only $2.99 for a box of organic green tea. I brew at night and let it cool down until its ready to go in the fridge. In the morning I apply it with a cotton ball to my face. Since it is cold, it makes a nice early morning skin refresher. My skin doesn't break out and in fact has a healthy flush. My skin felt very soft and it also seems to help clean out pores for me which is a plus.

Update: Damn. Well this stopped working miracles on my skin. My skin returned to breaking out again. But my lord, when it worked, it worked great and my skin looked amazing! So disappointed! :(

WOW. I'm really impressed with this stuff. My oily, breakout prone skin has calmed down, big time. The clarity has improved and zero irritation too. I tried homemade C serum and that did not agree with me...this does what that was supposed to do. Gives my skin a fresh glow and has definately improved my skin tone. Its also dirt cheap. My mother even commented on how great my skin was looking lately. I have even been using alot less persagel for acne. Im down to just a couple days a week with that stuff. Amazed. I have found something I will keep using for a long, long time.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've heard of using plain green tea bags as a toner for years and I just finally gave it a try. I wish I would have done it sooner! I have used a warm tea bag on a blemish before and it has really worked. Besides all the benefits that green tea provides-anti-oxidant protection, sun protection, etc. I find it very soothing and helps relieve some redness I may have on my face and helps clear skin.

One thing I noticed about using the green tea toner is it gives me the same result as Replenix Topix Serum. Which is around $56- green tea much cheaper! The Replenix serum erased my pores and gave my skin a healthy feel. This toner gives that same effect. While it's not a serum some toner does stay on the skin. I am having the same result so I am happy.

I also saw homemade green tea toner in a current issue of Spalook mag.
The way I make the toner is I just brew some green tea bags, wait for them to cool, then pour the liquid into a plastic bottle. I also refridgerate it for 3 days. I apply with a cotton ball in the morning after washing my face. It's basic and it works!

I've been using this for a few days and I like it so far. I do what pretty much everyone else seems to - make the tea then apply it with a cotton ball. I use it at night and then in the morning I'll let it sink in until it's completely dry then put on my makeup. The biggest change I've noticed so far is the tone of my skin. It just seems to look healthier than before and a lot less oily. My makeup seems to last longer as well. I'm not sure if it's helping with existing breakouts or not, but I haven't had any new ones since starting to use the green tea toner. I think I paid a little over a dollar for the box of tea bags, so if it continues to produce good results it will be no problem at all keeping it up. I'll update later on!
UPDATE: I stoppped using the toner after about a month. My skin was becoming irritated, and I don't know if the toner was to blame but I didn't want to take the risk. If your skin is tolerant I would definitely recommend this for help with brightening your complexion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've only been using this for a few days so I can't attest to the long-term effects, but I can say that it works well to cut down the greasies on my oily skin! I've been trying to find something for ages that would keep my face from getting so shiny, and it's wonderful to find a toner that works so well and is all-natural. I like to use rub the tea bag all over my face like a cotton ball while it is still warm--it feels great--and the heat probably helps it to sink in. The material of the tea bag seems to exfoliate the flakies from my skin as well. If I threw away the bag already, I just dip a cottonball in my glass of tea. I will update on long-term effects once I've been using it for longer.

I recently decided to stop using Benzoyl Peroxide cream for my acne because it ages your skin. I knew there had to be another way to calm my acne down without doing permanent damage to my skin. I was right. Green tea bags have been the answer. I have been using this in conjunction with AVC as well, and it really has cleared me up. I've been trying to (and have been successful) drink green tea at least three times a day. Sometimes I am able to fit in more. After I'm done brewing a cup, if it's the morning if if it's night time, I take the warm tea bag and spread it all over my face, including eye area. It is a big drying, but that's what I like about it. It brings up some of the dirt in my pores. I wait a few minutes for it to dry, and then go over my face with a little bit of AVC. That picks up all the junk that came to the surface and kills bacteria.

The reason why I love the green tea bag toner so much is because it's cheap, and putting antioxidants on your face can not be a bad thing. I personally buy my green tea from Whole Foods. The organic Whole Foods branded one with 80 bags. It's super cheap, like $4 or $5. And it's good for you if you drink the tea as well. Good luck :).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I don't use this so much as a "toner" but I do use a green tea bag (organic) to help with my random breakouts. I've been using this for a few years now and it really acts as an anti-inflammatory agent for acne. I try to drink at least a hot cup of green tea on a nightly basis; after I'm done with my tea, I'll usually take a shower to wash off all my makeup, then take the tea bag and rub it on the areas where I tend to have breakouts. By morning those nasty big ones will have subsided, if not, the little ones are completely gone. I not kidding anyone here it really does work and it's better than those on-spot acne treatment creams. However, this does tend to absorb all the oils from your skin, which makes my skin really dry...nothing my moisturizer can't help! I knocked off 1 lippie because of the dryness. I'm being honest here, its an all natural approach to skin care :0)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'd recommend this to oily skin types. Not necessarily combination because I get dried out with this as it almost too effectively absorbs oil~ I can see it being effective as a spritzer on a hot day out though! Plus the smell of good quality green tea is fantastic and calming X)

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products