December 21, 2014 | 856 users online

Toners - Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by burs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this for a few days so I can't attest to the long-term effects, but I can say that it works well to cut down the greasies on my oily skin! I've been trying to find something for ages that would keep my face from getting so shiny, and it's wonderful to find a toner that works so well and is all-natural. I like to use rub the tea bag all over my face like a cotton ball while it is still warm--it feels great--and the heat probably helps it to sink in. The material of the tea bag seems to exfoliate the flakies from my skin as well. If I threw away the bag already, I just dip a cottonball in my glass of tea. I will update on long-term effects once I've been using it for longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by adventurous

I recently decided to stop using Benzoyl Peroxide cream for my acne because it ages your skin. I knew there had to be another way to calm my acne down without doing permanent damage to my skin. I was right. Green tea bags have been the answer. I have been using this in conjunction with AVC as well, and it really has cleared me up. I've been trying to (and have been successful) drink green tea at least three times a day. Sometimes I am able to fit in more. After I'm done brewing a cup, if it's the morning if if it's night time, I take the warm tea bag and spread it all over my face, including eye area. It is a big drying, but that's what I like about it. It brings up some of the dirt in my pores. I wait a few minutes for it to dry, and then go over my face with a little bit of AVC. That picks up all the junk that came to the surface and kills bacteria.

The reason why I love the green tea bag toner so much is because it's cheap, and putting antioxidants on your face can not be a bad thing. I personally buy my green tea from Whole Foods. The organic Whole Foods branded one with 80 bags. It's super cheap, like $4 or $5. And it's good for you if you drink the tea as well. Good luck :).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't use this so much as a "toner" but I do use a green tea bag (organic) to help with my random breakouts. I've been using this for a few years now and it really acts as an anti-inflammatory agent for acne. I try to drink at least a hot cup of green tea on a nightly basis; after I'm done with my tea, I'll usually take a shower to wash off all my makeup, then take the tea bag and rub it on the areas where I tend to have breakouts. By morning those nasty big ones will have subsided, if not, the little ones are completely gone. I not kidding anyone here it really does work and it's better than those on-spot acne treatment creams. However, this does tend to absorb all the oils from your skin, which makes my skin really dry...nothing my moisturizer can't help! I knocked off 1 lippie because of the dryness. I'm being honest here, its an all natural approach to skin care :0)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by sezling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'd recommend this to oily skin types. Not necessarily combination because I get dried out with this as it almost too effectively absorbs oil~ I can see it being effective as a spritzer on a hot day out though! Plus the smell of good quality green tea is fantastic and calming X)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I've been breaking out this summer. And I've been suffering from 4-5 cystic acne for a few days now..nothing works!! not even my usual tea tree oil, aloe vera, or skin food. I was really desperate and haven't had the chance to go buy any sea salt yet, so I was searching my cabinet and came across a couple boxes of green tea. And I remembered that I use to use it as a toner for last summer. It was late at night, so I didn't have time to boil water to make a toner, so instead, I ripped open the tea bag, wet my face and cover it with the tea leaves. I left it on for about 5 minutes, then I scrubs it around for a while then wash it off. The tea leaves are huge, but they're REALLY soft, especially when wet, so they won't damage your skin. Anyways, I woke up this morning and those cystic were half the size!! and not as painful!!! My skin was also not as red. Love it!! I will go home today and make a toner of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by getta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will spare you the details.I think I was born with acne. Right now Im on 80 mg of accutane but my skin was was congested and felt like sandpaper . I started to use green tea based on the reviews. My green iced tea is made with one gallon of hot water, four tea bags, and honey. I let this brew for 1 hour and chill it. I drink about 3-4 cups of this per day. Its so refreshing. My face toner is made with 3 parts green tea and 1 part apple cider vinegar. I use this toner twice per day and make a new batch every week. After that I use FOTE aloe gel and two drops of coconut oil. MY FACE IS FLAWLESS. The green tea is amazing. My face is so smooth. I have been using this for three weeks and my male co worker commented on how smooth my face was . This is first compliment that I have ever got on my face. Thank you MUA.

7/12/2009: ok my face is looking great. My sister said that my face looks flawless. She was literally one inch from my face and said she could not see my pores. Its funny how acne affects your psychee. When I look at my face, I see problems while others see how great it looks. I have been drinking 3-4 cups of green tea. My skin is glowing people. please try it. The toner has been fading my spots. I forgot to add that before I use the aloe and coconut oil, I use la roche spf 15 anthelios sunscreen to prevent the re darkening of spots.

Feb. 15 ,10
Okay I have been using this regime since July and my face is still flawless. I just got my first pimple two days ago and thats because I went on overkill with the aspirin mask. I think I over exfoliated. The green tea toner have worked so well that I have gotten numerous people ( family and friends and their family and friends ) to use it. I recommended it to my friends neighbor in August and she sent me a text of her face last week. People please try it. It works. I would also recommend making a new batch every week for maximum effect. I have tried to go one month with the same batch and it was not as effective as my weekly batch. I have truly found my holy grail . I have never used a product and have it work this consistently for this long. If you may have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me. I think that what you put inside of your body ( drinking the green tea) helps just as much as what you put externally.
good luck all!

March11,2010
Okay so about one month ago , I told you guys that I developed my first pimple. Well that was the start of a downward spiral.Two weeks after that, I noticed that my suncreen /moisturizer was not absorbing as well as it use to. I use to be able to slather on two to three layers , but now I put on the first layer and my face and white. I have been developing acne on a daily basis since then also . My skin has transformed from normal to oily. Yesterday, my boyfriend asked me if I took a shower at 4pm because my skin was so oily. He is not use to seeing my face like that because I met him post accutance and post green tea/acv daily treatment. I even noticed that my products are not so effective anymore. Normally at this point I will chugged all of my products and look for a new batch, but that was the old me . The new me is saying that I need to get a facial with an extraction. My last facial was in June right before I starting this black soap/green tea acv treatment. I think that is what really propelled my products to work further. I will get the facial on Saturday and I hope that helps my face . Yesterday evening I added one aspirin tablet to my green tea.acv and all of my pimples have drastically reduced in size. I will update you all again in two weeks. I will continue with this new toner for one month.

March 18.
I got the facial and started to use the toner with aspirin inside of it. My face is glowing and the pimples and blackheads are all gone. Most important point of this is DO NOT GET LAZY AND FORGET TO DO WHAT YOU KNOW WORKS. i suppose to get facials frequently but I got lazy and my face clogged up. Secondly, DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR PRODUCTS.: You might give up on a good product due to clogged pores. Once they are open, you can honestly determine the effectiveness of the treatment.
THank you all. I will update again in three months.

April 21, 2010
Okay everyone . This will be my final update . About two months ago , I started to notice that my left eye was involuntarily twitching. I chugged it up to the stress from looking for a job. Then I got a job and chugged it up to the stress of the new job. Something just told me maybe its the caffeine in the green tea. I stopped using the green tea toner for about two weeks and I found my culprit.It has not happened since. So sorry,I have to stop using the toner. It was great while it lasted. I will just drink the green tea.

44 out of 56 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by astroathena

I had a large breakout of cystic acne around my mouth, nose, chin and hairline about 4 months ago. I think it was stress/hormone related, as I was studying for my upcoming phd comprehensive exam and hadn't been sleeping very well, or taking very good care of my general health for many weeks. When I finished the exam, I resumed my usual routine of sleeping enough, eating well, and exercising often; however, the original acne never subsided, and new cysts would appear during my time of month. None of it responded much to any of my usual acne treatments (benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, AHAs, BHAs, sulfer, charcoal, or clay washes, creams, and masks).

After reading many reviews about green tea on acne.org, I decided to give it a try. Each night before bed, I would steep a green tea bag in a small amount of hot water in a cup for a few minutes until it cooled down. I then just padded the wet teabag itself all over my face and let the tea-liquid air dry on my skin, every night before going to sleep. I noticed results after the first night (the old acne was finally starting to heal and shrink). After 2 weeks of doing this each night, all of the acne has either healed or disappeared completely. I am amazed! I continue to use this during the day as a toner to refresh my skin after my workouts (or whenever my face feels oily), and my skin is really looking great. (Now I just need to get some of the scarring taken care of with some AHAs!)

Rubbing green tea bags all over your face may sound silly (as my boyfriend makes fun of me for it!), but I don't give a damn as long as it works. I just laugh back at him with a clear face! :)

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I drink loose leaf, organic green tea, then scrub my face lightly with the leaves. It's very soothing and brings stuff to the surface much quicker! It has also drastically improved the enlarged pores on my nose, which I'm very thankful for!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I am actually liking this toner. I made a strong infusion with some gunpowder loose green tea, then refrigerated it. I have used it both ways - straight up and also diluted with a bit of apple cider vinegar. The vinegar smell is hard to take, and I think the astringency and quality of the green tea toner alone is just fine. The addition of ACV seems to be overkill, unless perhaps you have young, oily tough skin. I'm not sure how long this will 'keep' in the fridge, but no matter, it is certainly cheap and easy enough to make up a batch.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Nadusha

I use brewed green tea as a toner. I let it cool and use it with a cotton pad or just rinse off my face with it in a shower. It calms down any redness not mentioning it gets rid of all hard water on my skin. Green tea is one of the best antioxidants around.