Korres Lip Butter - Quince

4.1

Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Polyethylene, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Aroma (Flavor), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chaenomeles Japonica Seed Extract, Oryza Sativa Cera (Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Limonene, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 7/11/2008 1:37:00 PM

My daily HG. I've been looking for a natural/organic product that adds color and moisture to my lips but isn't goopy, tacky, and filled with sparkles or mica (i HATE). I thought I would have to resort to blending my own until I found this. It's paraben-free, with no petroleum-based ingredients. It moisturizes like a lip balm and looks like a sheer lipstick, and it smells lovely (my boyfriend loves it). I have all three colors. This one is the most lip-like in color, while the rose and pomegranate are more reddish and orange-ish, respectively.

Big up to Korres for going paraben- and petroleum-free on this one. It's hard to find that in a product that's chic and well designed.

on 6/11/2008 6:26:00 PM

This is such a pretty colour for summer. Compared with the other 2 colours, this was the softest. Colour can look quite natural if just smudged on, or built for a more intense colour.
A very nice bright, but soft pink.
As others have commented, this would be even lovelier in a stick.

on 6/3/2008 8:56:00 AM

I feel like a loser going against the grain here, especially after I lusted this for so long before tossing it into a recent beauty.com order. After reading all of the glowing reviews, I was so excited! A soft moisturizing butter that gives your lips that pretty cherry-popsicle stain? Sign me up! I should have known, however, that I would never use it. I absolutely hate dipping my finger into lip gloss pots (even after my girlfriend told me you could rub the excess on your cuticles -- genius! -- though in this cause, I suppose you would have pink cuticles...). I wasn't impressed with the "butter" and found it more drying than moisturizing. The color also doesn't look natural on me (through no fault of Korres) so sadly, up for swap it goes!

on 4/27/2008 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this in a kit because I wanted the Korres lip glosses, which I totally love. I wasn't psyched about the lip butter because I hate any product in which I have to dip my finger. It's just so messy. However, this seems to work just fine in this case. As long as I keep my nail out of the product, I can swirl my finger on the butter, then apply to my lips, then just do away with the rest of the product on my finger by rubbing my hands together (if I can't wipe my finger on a tissue or such). The butter is not gooey but is a sheer Chapstick-like texture. Quince leaves the most beautiful rosey color on the lips, and, as someone else mentioned, the color lasts! Even after the butter texture is gone, the color is still on the lips. Amazing! I highly recommend for those who want a nice, natural look.

on 4/25/2008 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous neutral deep pink colour, YLBB, lovely fragrance, super soft lips. It also makes my lips pillowy and extra soft, perhaps because I rub the butter in.

Great value, recommended.

on 4/20/2008 4:36:00 PM

i love these lip butters! they're so smooth and make your lips feel so soft. i also love that they give just enough color. on me, quince is a very MLBB pink color that looks so natural. and i love how it smells. the smell really isn't very obvious, either, which is a plus if you're sensitive to smells. but the one thing that really surprised me about these is that the color last for quite awhile-on me, like 3-4 hours! IMO, thats pretty impressive for a balm. the one thing i don't like about them, however, is their packaging. i don't mind pot balms, but this one has a thick edge around the top. i hate it because i apply these with my fingers, so when i put my finger in, swirl it around, that white edge gets so messy. i just don't like how it looks because i try to keep my makeup as clean as possible. but, i'll still continue to buy these because they're just that nice.

on 3/18/2008 12:36:00 AM

I just bought this on a guess before I found this website, and I heart it! It has an excellent creamy texture, but its not too overbearing or greasy, and the tint is just that, a tint. Oh and I do love the smell of it, its pleasant and not over powering.

on 2/23/2008 12:22:00 PM

This is a very nice lip butter, much better than the TBS version.
This lip balm (or butter, whatever you wanna call it) is very moisturizing. It works miracles for my dry, chapped lips. It has no annoying fragrance whatsoever.

Quince is a muted rose pink. The color looks deeper in the pan than it goes on. In fact, this lip balm does not provide much color on the lips, just a sheer tint which is ideal for me when it comes to lip balms. I want to be able to use my lip balms underneath other lip products (a regular lip gloss or lipstick).

The price is great! The only downside with this lip product is the packaging. I would have prefered if it was in a tube or something. However, the pot packaging won't keep me from repurchasing this lovely product. I'm definitely interested in trying more Korres products in the future.
continued >>

Well, I want to hate this lip balm. I mean seriously, it's $9, I have to order it because there is no Sephora within 3 hours of me (until June when the one in Lexington, KY opens) and it's in a pot which infuriates me beyone belief with lip stuff. But, my friend in another state kept going on and on about it, and every now and again I check the makeup board for the new big thing and a bunch of people were mentioning this, so I took the plunge. I debated between the quince and pomegranate and went with the quince. I got it yesterday, and at this rate I'll have to order another one soon because it is my new obsession. It smells wonderful and is perfection in a pot. My lips are kind of a pale light pink and this makes them look so soft and pretty, a very light rosy pink color. And the texture is the selling point. No stick, no gooeyness, it just melts right in like everyone has said. The smell disappates quickly and this balm has pretty good staying power. In fact, 'm ordering the other three soon, I love it that much. So, just cave in and buy one, after years of being a balm addict (thanks Accutane) I've found my HG.

on 2/20/2008 6:46:00 PM

I got this as part of the Love Your Lips gift set from Sephora. It's nice -- creamy and smooth, and it seems to have a little more pigment than most balms. For me, it absorbs quickly, so no stickiness, and I like the Korres botanical philosophy. I'm not a fan of pot balms and glosses, though, so I don't think I would repurchase (I reserve the right to change my mind if and when I get to the bottom of the pot).

Popular Lip Treatments