October 30, 2014 | 1767 users online

Lip Treatments - Korres - Lip Butter -Quince

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by poppypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a pretty colour for summer. Compared with the other 2 colours, this was the softest. Colour can look quite natural if just smudged on, or built for a more intense colour.
A very nice bright, but soft pink.
As others have commented, this would be even lovelier in a stick.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by laratf

I feel like a loser going against the grain here, especially after I lusted this for so long before tossing it into a recent beauty.com order. After reading all of the glowing reviews, I was so excited! A soft moisturizing butter that gives your lips that pretty cherry-popsicle stain? Sign me up! I should have known, however, that I would never use it. I absolutely hate dipping my finger into lip gloss pots (even after my girlfriend told me you could rub the excess on your cuticles -- genius! -- though in this cause, I suppose you would have pink cuticles...). I wasn't impressed with the "butter" and found it more drying than moisturizing. The color also doesn't look natural on me (through no fault of Korres) so sadly, up for swap it goes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in a kit because I wanted the Korres lip glosses, which I totally love. I wasn't psyched about the lip butter because I hate any product in which I have to dip my finger. It's just so messy. However, this seems to work just fine in this case. As long as I keep my nail out of the product, I can swirl my finger on the butter, then apply to my lips, then just do away with the rest of the product on my finger by rubbing my hands together (if I can't wipe my finger on a tissue or such). The butter is not gooey but is a sheer Chapstick-like texture. Quince leaves the most beautiful rosey color on the lips, and, as someone else mentioned, the color lasts! Even after the butter texture is gone, the color is still on the lips. Amazing! I highly recommend for those who want a nice, natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Daphers

Gorgeous neutral deep pink colour, YLBB, lovely fragrance, super soft lips. It also makes my lips pillowy and extra soft, perhaps because I rub the butter in.

Great value, recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by fifi_kitten

i love these lip butters! they're so smooth and make your lips feel so soft. i also love that they give just enough color. on me, quince is a very MLBB pink color that looks so natural. and i love how it smells. the smell really isn't very obvious, either, which is a plus if you're sensitive to smells. but the one thing that really surprised me about these is that the color last for quite awhile-on me, like 3-4 hours! IMO, thats pretty impressive for a balm. the one thing i don't like about them, however, is their packaging. i don't mind pot balms, but this one has a thick edge around the top. i hate it because i apply these with my fingers, so when i put my finger in, swirl it around, that white edge gets so messy. i just don't like how it looks because i try to keep my makeup as clean as possible. but, i'll still continue to buy these because they're just that nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by chihero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this on a guess before I found this website, and I heart it! It has an excellent creamy texture, but its not too overbearing or greasy, and the tint is just that, a tint. Oh and I do love the smell of it, its pleasant and not over powering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice lip butter, much better than the TBS version.
This lip balm (or butter, whatever you wanna call it) is very moisturizing. It works miracles for my dry, chapped lips. It has no annoying fragrance whatsoever.

Quince is a muted rose pink. The color looks deeper in the pan than it goes on. In fact, this lip balm does not provide much color on the lips, just a sheer tint which is ideal for me when it comes to lip balms. I want to be able to use my lip balms underneath other lip products (a regular lip gloss or lipstick).

The price is great! The only downside with this lip product is the packaging. I would have prefered if it was in a tube or something. However, the pot packaging won't keep me from repurchasing this lovely product. I'm definitely interested in trying more Korres products in the future.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by gphibgoddess19

Well, I want to hate this lip balm. I mean seriously, it's $9, I have to order it because there is no Sephora within 3 hours of me (until June when the one in Lexington, KY opens) and it's in a pot which infuriates me beyone belief with lip stuff. But, my friend in another state kept going on and on about it, and every now and again I check the makeup board for the new big thing and a bunch of people were mentioning this, so I took the plunge. I debated between the quince and pomegranate and went with the quince. I got it yesterday, and at this rate I'll have to order another one soon because it is my new obsession. It smells wonderful and is perfection in a pot. My lips are kind of a pale light pink and this makes them look so soft and pretty, a very light rosy pink color. And the texture is the selling point. No stick, no gooeyness, it just melts right in like everyone has said. The smell disappates quickly and this balm has pretty good staying power. In fact, 'm ordering the other three soon, I love it that much. So, just cave in and buy one, after years of being a balm addict (thanks Accutane) I've found my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by pachanguera

I got this as part of the Love Your Lips gift set from Sephora. It's nice -- creamy and smooth, and it seems to have a little more pigment than most balms. For me, it absorbs quickly, so no stickiness, and I like the Korres botanical philosophy. I'm not a fan of pot balms and glosses, though, so I don't think I would repurchase (I reserve the right to change my mind if and when I get to the bottom of the pot).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 10:17:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

VERY nice balm. This is a pot so for that, I take off a lippie. If you don't mind pots, consider this review a full five.

The color is a beautiful, muted rose-pink. The consistency is moisturizing, non-sticky, and not gloppy at all. There is no burn, menthol, or tingle I can detect. It's sheer joy in a lip balm with packaging that may or may not be improved by a tube if they packaged it so...sometimes I think tube balms tend to be on the runny, slick side. The pot, I might mention, is white with the medium rose colored cap and the color looks deeper/brighter in the pot than it goes on. I can see the pot itself getting smudged with product because it's stark white but that's an extreme nit-pick. The fact that it's a pot at all requires either a brush or finger-wiping all darn day long.

Good price, great product. Give it a try.