September 20, 2014 | 1161 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I really like this and use a color a shade lighter than my hair, Dark Blonde. It's easy to apply, lasts and the packaging is fine to me except for the comb on the end, I don't ever use it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I bought the lightest color and while it's okay I think the pencil is a little too thin and hard. In addition it's not such a bargain because you get very little for the price. I found the comb to be pretty useless; I'd much prefer a spoolie. And although the Maybelline taupe color was okay, I found the brown color in the Clinique brow powder to match my hair color better so it sometimes pays to put up with the annoying dept store sales associates.

Overall in my search to find a substitute to what I was using previously (Chantecaille's eyebrow pencil) I found Clinique's brow powder to be the best bargain in my neck of the woods compared to my old love, Chantecaille's eyebrow pencil which was rather expensive and now very hard to find in my area without ordering it. I've been using Clinique's brow powder for over a month without a dent in it and it looks very natural on my brows and it's easy to work with, plus it holds up to heat and humidity.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Jilleane

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, however, they don't give you very much of it. I find I run out of this quickly and always have to have a back up. It does break easily, and I find no use for the comb at the end. I will keep buying it until I find something better that lasts longer for the money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:59:00 AM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyebrow pencil!!! The formula is nice and waxy (not too creamy) and it lasts all day without smudging. The best part is the colors though. Medium brown is the perfect brown for people with medium to dark brown hair. It is an ashy brown that looks very natural and doesn't pull red or orangey. When I have black hair I liked using dark brown as well but that color has been discontinued. I like that the pencil doesn't look overly drawn on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brow pencil. I found the perfect color for my brows in Dark Brown and then they discontinued it! I wish the pencil had a spoolie instead of the little comb, but other than that it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by tarapickholtz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic! I will never go back to brow powders. I bought this after reading the overall great reviews. I have dark brown hair but my eyebrows are naturally pretty thin and get sparse, so I have to fill them in. Since they are thin anyway, I use the taupe/dark blonde (I forget what the name is) and it looked really natural! Easy to use, goes on smooth, and love that it doesn't have to be sharpened. I also love that the twist up pencil is very thin, so you don't get too thick a line. Will definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by rubyred1004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually use powder for my eyebrows but decided to try this pencil out for the convenience. I really liked how the pencil was super skinny (helps make little strokes) but didn't like the fact that it broke so easily. Comb was pretty useless and product runs out really fast. However, the product itself was easy to apply, creamy, not too waxy, and overall I liked the texture.
I got this in Light Brown and would probably repurchase but in a different shade. I have dark brown hair and this shade was way too red for me! I have brown hair but I like my eyebrows to not be too harsh and prefer lighter brows so maybe dark blonde might be the right shade for me since I am hearing that it is more on the tauper side. Super cute green packaging but at the same time I am always scared that I am going to run out of product with only one eyebrow done because I don't think you can twist up and down to see how much product is left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by avalencia29303

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Dark Brown 642 shade is an excellant dupe for Mac's Spiked brow crayon. They both come in the same format of container and fine point which twists out. If the Maybelline one didn't have that ridiculous plastic "comb" it would literally be the same container, except one's green and one is grayish black. The comb isn't bad but it's nothing special either.

I have both and the only real difference is you get less product with Maybelline than in Spiked and it's just very slightly waxier but not enough to make a difference on my oily skin. Before this shade was discontinued, I'd still recommend the Mac one because in the long run it was cheaper. It contained 0.003oz of product vs the Maybelline's 0.001oz. During regular pricing, with Mac's being $14-15 and Maybelline around $7, Mac won imo having triple the product at double the price. When Maybelline would go on sale for Buy One Get One Free, Maybelline became the winner as buying 4 of them would get you 0.001oz more for the price of a Mac one.

Now with this particular shade being discontinued, it's kinda a moot review BUT once I tell you this tip, you'll appreciate reading all my mumbo jumbo:

I went to my two local Dollar Trees and found Maybelline Dark Brown 642 for, of course, $1.00. You best believe I stocked up and like a mad woman bought them all, the best 30 bucks I ever spent. I'd have to spend $150 on Mac Spiked just to get the same amount of product I spent at Dollar Tree.

So there, feel a little better now? If you're lucky to have a Dollar Tree in your town, you just might find these discontinued gems. I have a third one in our town that I plan on go there this weekend.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product sucks. It's hard as a rock and id have to rip my skin or eyebrows off to apply this.. Will be returning ASAP!! DUPE FOR MAC?! YEAH RIGHT

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard many people say MAC's lingering brow pencil is similar to this brow pencil in medium brown and dark blonde. I just wanna clear it up and say MAC's lingering's pencil's dupe is medium brown, not dark blonde. But anyway, this pencil runs out quickly but works awesome. It's the perfect non reddish brown. It looks natural and is easy to wear. I will repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No