October 22, 2014 | 1431 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Fine Loose Finishing Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2004 2:26:00 PM More reviews by raindancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

(sigh). I so wanted to love this product. I ordered it in my pre-MUA days according to the reviews I had heard on the cosmeticconnection.com web site. It took me a long time to be able to afford both the concealer and the powder, but I was finally able to place my order. When it came, I was so psyched...the concealer I had ordered (Nougat) was actually a shade too LIGHT for me (something that has never, ever happened before) but still looked good. When I applied it and the powder, I was just so happy, it covered redness and undereye circles beautifully. I truly thought I had found a HG powder and concealer. Then the hives started to appear. Inocuous looking at first, I didn't connect it to the makeup right away. The hives started on my face and moved slowly down my body...I tried to ignore it but my friends took one look at me and asked when I had contacted the plague. They insisted I go to the ER, since I was getting blotchier by the minute and it was getting hard to breathe. I spend 5 hours there that night, and the docs came back and asked what I had done differently in the last couple days, since it was clearly an allergic reaction. BECCA was the culprit. I had to send it back, glad that we had found the problem but very sad because it was probably some of the very highest quality makeup I had ever used. Incidentally, my skin is almost always clear, and never flaky...I have had one (small) blemish so far this YEAR from talking on the phone at work. And I have never been allergic to anything before. While I have never heard of any other reactions like mine to their makeup, please use caution and test before you try...I can't even begin to tell you all how frightened I was when I wasn't sure what was making my skin react that way. (Identical post for concealer).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2004 6:42:00 PM More reviews by verycoolgirl

I love this powder!! I never used to use powder, but now I'm a changed woman! I have really dry cheeks, and it doesn't accentuate the dryness AT ALL....in fact, when I put on my tinted moisturizer (i use clinique's almost makeup) and then becca's powder on top, my skin looks flawless and perfect - absolutely gorgeous!! I've had so many compliments on my skin since. And it doesn't even look like you are wearing make up (which is the most important factor for me). It DOES spill fairly easily, but I think its because it is so fine and light, which is the thing that makes it work like magic. I use Mocha, but find that it gives me a more tanned, bronze look (i have not too dark, not too pale asian skin), which IS a nice look, but I probably would prefer slightly more whiter cheeks, so i might try Wheat next time. Definitely a great buy!!
UPDATE: I have exchanged mocha for wheat already, and find that its a bit more cakey??? Don't know why??? So disappointed...maybe Mocha is better for me.... continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2004 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kogepan

I was originally matched with Sesame but they ran out when I went to buy it. The MA says that Bisque has the same lightness as Sesame but is pink rather than yellow. My skintone has a bit of both colors so I bought Bisque. It has great oil control properties when used in conjunction with other Becca products. I have yet to try this with my Armani MSF. I will update. Use a light hand with this powder. I made the mistake of bouncing the powder into my skin and it was too much. Just a light dusting will do. While the packaging is really nice to look at, the plastic sifter lid isn't tight fitting at all so be careful. I didn't even bother to peel the sticker off off the holes, I just lift the sifter lid completely, dip and dust off excess. *Update* I'm finding this powder to be less and less oil controlling. Maybe the mattifyer is no longer working on me? Hmm. Too bad too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2004 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Elyse

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

horrible packaging! It is also VERY easy for this to get cakey, especially if you use it with a brush. But, if you sprinkle this onto a tissue, then blot the velour puff on it before putting it on your skin, it will set your makeup perfectly, and make your skin look and feel SO soft & smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2004 5:04:00 PM More reviews by jamelia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best powder i have used! I even love the smell. Gives a nice natural look, not at all powdery and flat, just lovely light fresh coverage, just wish it lasted longer on my oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2004 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Bernadette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great powder, goes on very smoothly and gives that healthy glow. Not sure if I'd repurchase this only because MAC Studiofix gives me a better finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2003 3:34:00 PM More reviews by mworley00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder is very fine and silky, and doesn't over-dry my skin. The color selection is excellent, which gives me a very natural finish. The Becca scent is not for everyone, so be sure to test it before you buy. The packaging is horrible - spilling is inevitable. The best solution is just to transfer it to a $4 Sephora powder container.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2003 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kaeruchan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

1.06 oz.

Price $35.00

I thought it couldn't get any better, using Becca LSF with my regular face powder (Px neutralizing powder), but yes indeedy, it has!

I kept wondering if it would really make a difference to use this powder, and I have to say an unequivocal yes! You have got to try this powder. If you were disappointed with the sheerness of the LSF, just know, that in conjunction with this powder, you will get the look of more coverage. The most interesting part about this powder is, that while you now have more coverage, your fresh looking skin just beams through. Your face will look so incredibly healthy, and again, it's not the makeup that you notice, you just notice this great skin!

I like the container and that when you open it, you'll see that the puff sits on top of a solid clear lid, separating it from the powder itself. It would be great if it had another option: a sifter so that you can easily get powder out and onto a brush, and also a way to shut the holes to keep the powder in the reservoir. As it is, you have to dip your brush lightly into the powder and inadvertently get too much.
I am MAC NC20, Stila C, LM Warm Ivory, Becca Nude and wear Becca LFP in Sesame...

Try this powder, you'll never go back.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2003 7:58:00 PM More reviews by nadia128

Fantastic finishing powder. It's not completely matte which I like as I hate the powdery look. I only peeled a quarter of the sticker off but this is still not effective so now I just take the plastic lid off and swipe my brush on its underside. I have slight yellow undertones and I use Wheat since Sesame looked too ghostly on me. I wear Brulee in the Becca concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2003 3:12:00 AM More reviews by kiko2971

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very soft, almost moisturizing powder that dosent dry your skin. i use this in eggshell with stick foundation in molt but they dont have molt anymore. i cant think of anyother powder that evens out the texture of my skin and look so natural, so i might try with different shade of stick foundation to go with this...