Becca Stick Foundation

3.8

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch,Cetyl Palmitate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Polyisobutene, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Polyethylene, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Trihydroxystearin, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Petrolatum, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Red 40 Lake CI 16035, Carmine CI 75470]

on 4/17/2005 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Perfect on the days I need more coverage (particularly due to a blemish!) or nights when I need a more polished, finished look. Great blendability, never streaks on me, and sometimes I use it instead of concealer. Probably too heavy for the summer, but perfect for those dry winter months.

on 3/19/2005 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've seen this highly recommended as a spot cover. I bought it to use in that way and it is impossible to blend - even when mixing it with liquid foundation and/or moisturizer. It just streaked and sat in my pores making them look huge. A waste of $$ - unuseable. I have sensitive/combo skin with some oily tendencies. Maybe this would work if you have extremely oily skin.

on 2/7/2005 12:59:00 AM

This stick foundation lasts forever! Only a little bit is needed. Actually, it provides a lot of coverage so I only use it under the eyes, around the nose, and over any blemishes. On the rest of my face I use the Luminous Skin Color. I think the foundation is worth the $38 price tag because it doubles as both a foundation and concealor. It is definitely a product for drier skin. When I first tried it, I thought it was too greasy. A year later, my skin became dry and now I love it. The packaging stinks though. The stick kept popping out! Becca has wonderful products but they really need to work on packaging!

on 12/13/2004 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I'm really liking this foundation. I found a perfect color match (Toffee), which is a rare event that probably heralds the end of the universe and the freezing over of hell. It is sticky going on, but that's not a problem for long. The initial stickiness has an added benefit: eyeshadow and blush really stay on a long time when you apply them over this. I apply the foundation lightly with a brush (I have the MAC one), then blend it in gently with my fingertips. When it dries, it stays put, looks natural (probably in large part thanks to the perfect color match) and has a powder finish, which I bolstered (since I'm oily) with a light dusting of translucent powder. Looks flawless. I love that it has sunscreen in it (something like 20+) and the stick is so easy to drop in a purse for touchups. It beats my old HG, MAC Studio Tech. I just wish it weren't $38! A little goes a long way, though, so it might be worth it.

on 11/30/2004 2:32:00 AM

This product is sticky as all hell and the sticky quality does not go away. I am guessing that a setting powder would fix this problem, but seeing as to how I am new to foundation and I dont really need it to begin with, that is just too much makeup for me. It does have good coverage and the colors are nice, but the tacky texture is just rediculous. I've heard many raves so I had high hopes and must admit I am disapointed. For reference, I am 20 and have dry/normal skin.

on 11/8/2004 3:28:00 PM

Well.. Here's the thing ladies.. The LUMINOUS SKIN COLOUR moisturizing tint is the key.. You shouldn't just use the stick... It is soo dry to be used alone. I think of it as a concealer/foundation that should only be used on the problem spots. I'm in love with this line. My skin looks amazing.
I've never found a color that matches my skin perfectly.

on 11/3/2004 9:16:00 AM

The key to this is using enough moisturizer or a good primer before you apply. The consistency is on the dry side and tends not to go on smoothly on it's own. That's what makes it bad, but it's also what makes it good! The drier texture makes it stay on really well. Using a foundation brush on well prepped skin makes all the difference. I use this over Becca LSC on areas of my skin that may need a little more coverage than I can get from LSC alone. It's easy to make it sheer or more opaque. Set with a light dusting of loose powder (Sesame for me) and you're good for the day. No settling into lines, or highlighting of dry areas or magifying of pores. An excellent foundation! I use Macadamia and it's a great match for me (I'm fair-medium, pretty neutral). It's good over bare, moisturized & primed skin or over my LSC Nude.

on 10/20/2004 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A classy product. Not for the amateur though. If you don't use a rich moisturizer, the application isn't the best. However, as with most Euro style products, a rich base cream is best anyway. I'm not a believer in "oil free" products, so this is remarkable for me. My skin has never been more exquisite all day long!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I randomly got a Becca makeover at Sephora, and I ended up really liking this product.
I don't really wear foundation, so this was a big leap for me and was worried that this would be too thick. But that just isn't so.
I was really impressed with the colour selection too.
I have oily/combination skin, and have not noticed any oil with this one.

on 10/17/2004 8:03:00 PM

Per the rave reviews, I schlepped all the way out to Bergdorf's to find this line (now it's a little easier to come by as Sephora carries it). I was impressed by the HUGE color palette for foundations. I purchased the stick in Sherbet. Great on the color match, lousy on oiliness. My skin looked great for about an hour, and then turned into a grease pot! I have combination skin, but I have never encountered a foundation that greased up like this. I now use it on my jawline blemishes (dry skin), but will not repurchase. Perhaps it works well for ladies with dry skin overall... but it is not suitable for all skin types as the advertising states.

Popular Crème Foundations