November 28, 2014 | 1679 users online

Crème - Becca - Stick Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2005 7:12:00 PM More reviews by aslim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect on the days I need more coverage (particularly due to a blemish!) or nights when I need a more polished, finished look. Great blendability, never streaks on me, and sometimes I use it instead of concealer. Probably too heavy for the summer, but perfect for those dry winter months.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2005 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ba2cq3z

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've seen this highly recommended as a spot cover. I bought it to use in that way and it is impossible to blend - even when mixing it with liquid foundation and/or moisturizer. It just streaked and sat in my pores making them look huge. A waste of $$ - unuseable. I have sensitive/combo skin with some oily tendencies. Maybe this would work if you have extremely oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 12:59:00 AM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stick foundation lasts forever! Only a little bit is needed. Actually, it provides a lot of coverage so I only use it under the eyes, around the nose, and over any blemishes. On the rest of my face I use the Luminous Skin Color. I think the foundation is worth the $38 price tag because it doubles as both a foundation and concealor. It is definitely a product for drier skin. When I first tried it, I thought it was too greasy. A year later, my skin became dry and now I love it. The packaging stinks though. The stick kept popping out! Becca has wonderful products but they really need to work on packaging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2004 10:38:00 AM More reviews by brooklyntbone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really liking this foundation. I found a perfect color match (Toffee), which is a rare event that probably heralds the end of the universe and the freezing over of hell. It is sticky going on, but that's not a problem for long. The initial stickiness has an added benefit: eyeshadow and blush really stay on a long time when you apply them over this. I apply the foundation lightly with a brush (I have the MAC one), then blend it in gently with my fingertips. When it dries, it stays put, looks natural (probably in large part thanks to the perfect color match) and has a powder finish, which I bolstered (since I'm oily) with a light dusting of translucent powder. Looks flawless. I love that it has sunscreen in it (something like 20+) and the stick is so easy to drop in a purse for touchups. It beats my old HG, MAC Studio Tech. I just wish it weren't $38! A little goes a long way, though, so it might be worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2004 2:32:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is sticky as all hell and the sticky quality does not go away. I am guessing that a setting powder would fix this problem, but seeing as to how I am new to foundation and I dont really need it to begin with, that is just too much makeup for me. It does have good coverage and the colors are nice, but the tacky texture is just rediculous. I've heard many raves so I had high hopes and must admit I am disapointed. For reference, I am 20 and have dry/normal skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2004 3:28:00 PM More reviews by jen311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well.. Here's the thing ladies.. The LUMINOUS SKIN COLOUR moisturizing tint is the key.. You shouldn't just use the stick... It is soo dry to be used alone. I think of it as a concealer/foundation that should only be used on the problem spots. I'm in love with this line. My skin looks amazing.
I've never found a color that matches my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 9:16:00 AM More reviews by SandraWS

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The key to this is using enough moisturizer or a good primer before you apply. The consistency is on the dry side and tends not to go on smoothly on it's own. That's what makes it bad, but it's also what makes it good! The drier texture makes it stay on really well. Using a foundation brush on well prepped skin makes all the difference. I use this over Becca LSC on areas of my skin that may need a little more coverage than I can get from LSC alone. It's easy to make it sheer or more opaque. Set with a light dusting of loose powder (Sesame for me) and you're good for the day. No settling into lines, or highlighting of dry areas or magifying of pores. An excellent foundation! I use Macadamia and it's a great match for me (I'm fair-medium, pretty neutral). It's good over bare, moisturized & primed skin or over my LSC Nude.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2004 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Vivaudou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A classy product. Not for the amateur though. If you don't use a rich moisturizer, the application isn't the best. However, as with most Euro style products, a rich base cream is best anyway. I'm not a believer in "oil free" products, so this is remarkable for me. My skin has never been more exquisite all day long!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2004 12:20:00 AM More reviews by perpetuallycute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I randomly got a Becca makeover at Sephora, and I ended up really liking this product.
I don't really wear foundation, so this was a big leap for me and was worried that this would be too thick. But that just isn't so.
I was really impressed with the colour selection too.
I have oily/combination skin, and have not noticed any oil with this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2004 8:03:00 PM More reviews by abbyabrams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Per the rave reviews, I schlepped all the way out to Bergdorf's to find this line (now it's a little easier to come by as Sephora carries it). I was impressed by the HUGE color palette for foundations. I purchased the stick in Sherbet. Great on the color match, lousy on oiliness. My skin looked great for about an hour, and then turned into a grease pot! I have combination skin, but I have never encountered a foundation that greased up like this. I now use it on my jawline blemishes (dry skin), but will not repurchase. Perhaps it works well for ladies with dry skin overall... but it is not suitable for all skin types as the advertising states.