Castor Oil

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 8/4/2013 5:46:00 PM

Castor oil is AMAZING! After one week I saw dramatic growth in my once sparse eyebrows. And I haven't even tried the organic version yet! After visiting my threading lady and complaining of my poor eyebrows she suggested buying castor oil and brushing it on at bedtime in the opposite direction of the hair growth. After ONE week I have eyebrow hair growing in places I didn't even know they could grow! I'm talking years of blank patches filling in! I also brush my eyelashes and lash line with a q-tip dipped in castor oil and on the seventh day of doing this I have the tiniest baby hairs sprouting up a little above my lashline! After I bought the castor oil I researched its purposes and began using it 50/50 with coconut oil as a oil cleansing method. I have terribly sensitive skin that dries out to almost everything and is oily the majority of the time, especially my T-zone. Every night I dabbed a small amount in my fingertips, warmed it up with them and massaged my face for about 5 minutes. Then place a really warm wash cloth over my face until it reaches room temperature and repeat the process 5 or so times. Immediately I notice small particles being purged out of my pores! After the 5 or so cycles I wipe the remaining oil off with the wash cloth. My skin has started to become super smooth and many of my oversized pores are closing up. This is after one week people. It's like I can feel my skin saying thank you! I don't feel the need to use primer and bronzer/foundation because my skins been feeling so great this past week I don't even feel the need to cover it! And I don't want to put more garbage on it anymore - my face and I are beginning a new relationship!! And me and my skin have had a rough life! I can't believe I went my entire teenage and early twenties without knowledge of this lol! Overall I'm totally in love castor oil is such a beautiful home remedy and I recommend it to everyone. It works best when warmed, and as a hair mask on hair that is damp.

on 7/26/2013 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

(July/25/2013): I've heard so many uses for castor oil. From a liver detox when ingested or as a natural eyebrow growth product, this product has so much hype surrounding it! I've decided to try it out after 10 years of over plucking! Today, I applied it with a q-tip on the sparse areas of my brows which are the inner and outer. I'll be updating this post in a week's time :) wish me luck!

EDIT: (Aug/06/2013): It's been a little over a week and a half and surprisingly, there's been PROGRESS! Although, the eyebrows aren't back to normal yet, I can honestly say that it does what it's supposed to do, which is grow back eyebrows on places that once had some! I will be updating in another week!

on 6/22/2013 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've read how castor oil is used for oil cleansing for the face so I decided to use it for my scalp. I mixed it with a little sunflower oil (1 tablespoon sunflower oil to 1/2 cup of castor oil) make it thinner and not sticky. Then I massaged my scalp with just a little on my fingers. I rinsed my hair with warm water and conditioned my hair from roots to tip. The conditioner removed any leftover castor oil that the warm water didn't get and my scalp felt as clean as if I used shampoo, but unlike shampoo my hair wasn't stripped or dry. I tried washing my scalp with conditioner only but it's excessively oily and conditioner won't get it clean enough. If I let the oil build up I get a very itchy scalp and cystic acne on my scalp and face where my hair touched it so getting rid of the oil is a must. So now I have hopes for going "no-poo" cheaply without doing the whole baking soda thing (baking soda irritated my scalp). I wash with conditioner every day but do the castor oil scalp cleanse every other day. Now from reading the other reviews I'm going to try it on my lashes too.

on 6/14/2013 1:31:00 PM

I don't know if it's only me, but I always end up with messed up brows. I promise, I will never ever trust trust aestheticians, they've made more damage than good. Ruined, overplucked, asymmetrical eyebrows, anyone?
So, yes, castor oil is my best friend. It makes brows/lashes grow faster, and thicker.

I have it on now, trying to grow my brows back. Again. It's good to know that I only have to wait a few weeks to have normal eyebrows.

on 6/11/2013 1:43:00 AM

I used castor oil just for the heck of it. I wasn't really seriously expecting anything out of it. Since i was trying to save money from expensive but effective latisse, i googled around for a cheap alternative.

Castor oil came up. So i tried it. I used a cheap elf eyeliner to place the oil on my lids. Kept using it and just never thought much about it. But voila! A month later my eyelashes were thicker and longer. I was like holy moly! This stuff really works!

Im so happy this was effective! Now i dont have to shell out too much moolah for eyelash maintenance. A bottle of castor oil would practically last for ages! Loveeeet!

on 6/5/2013 5:41:00 AM

So I've never really been impressed with ANY product to actually boot up my laptop and write a review, but but - Castor oil is MY MIRACLE product. So I bought this off a drugstore when I saw it was dirt cheap and I hoard all kinds of oils for my hair and skin.
A little background check - So one day I decided to clean up my eyebrows on my own - worst decision ever.. I shaved a little too much in the middle and It made my forehead look SO BIG ( A little tip for the ladies - keep your eyebrows really long - as long as possible in the middle, it makes your face look thinner! ) And I'm a lazy klutz so I dont find a mascara wand to apply to per se. I just took a quarter size in my palm and applied it quite unevenly on my eyebrow area and went to sleep. The next morning - voila, In less than 8 HOURS I swear I could see tiny little baby hairs on my brows.. If that's not a miracle then I dont know what is. Read on to find out what else castor oil works for
Nails and Hands - Sometimes being lazy helps. If you take the oil in your hands and rub them on your hair like I do, added benefit is really soft hands and great cuticles.
Hair - This is PROVEN, for me and a million other women. Fact of the matter is - Castor oil makes your hair grow at AN ALARMING rate - quite alarming for me I'm wondering if I'll turn into king kong or something. That good. Apply it on your hair - EVERY night, that's right. I know its REALLY thick, but if you've got normal hair like I do, the hair just soaks up the nourishment, you can totally wash it off in the morning with a good shampoo - sometimes I do it twice, totally worth it. My hair has grown atleast an inch in A WEEK!
Eyebrows and Eyelashes - Enough said. They make both long, thick AND DARKER. Better than any MAC product.
Skin - This is the best part, which I found for myself. Every night as my clean up routine - I wash my face with Dermaderm (A gem) and pat it dry and apply sea salt toner (Dont waste your money on expensive toner. Make your own DIY toner - with sea salt + water. Its THE BOMB especially if you've acne prone skin like I do .. ) And then I take castor oil and massage my face and neck with it. I dont miss out any area - eyebrows, eyelashes, creases on the face, basically everywhere. And I apply it on my hair too. (Only do all this if you arent sleeping with your bf. ;) Lol. Cos you look like a grease ocean at the END of it) If you can take a little discomfort for the sake of your hair and skin, its worth it. Wear old clothes. When you wake up in the morning - this is THE absolute best part for me, I run to the mirror to check the results and for 3 months now, in a row, I've not been disappointed a SINGLE day. I've amazing skin - no zits/marks/scars. I've fantastic, LUSH lush hair, mid back length (when I started out, it grazed the shoulders) My eye lashes are a MILE long, literally fairytake lashes. And thick eyebrows. Altogether - HELL YEAH, am a happy person in life. Would I buy it again, I'd rather go without ANY other make up pdt than my bottle of castor oil. Try it once and you'll be sitting here writing your own review cos its addictive and gives astonishing results. Good luck to all the women in getting great skin and hair! :D

The search for longer, fuller and healthier brows and lashes stops here.
I have had health issues that made my brows and lashes fall off- slow but sure march to trying anything and everything to keep them from going the way of the dinosaurs.

I decanted some of this oil into an empty and very clean mascara tube. Brushed it on at night and saw improvement in 3 weeks. It has gotten to the point where I can see a weird second line of new lashes and it is crazy long.

I doubt that this product needs any more positive things said about it, as it has marched on for centuries curing all sorts of ailments. I just wanted to add my two cents so that anybody suffering from the same problem may think of trying this oil out and spare themselves the rigmarole of jumping from one product to the next without finding an answer.

on 5/29/2013 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

my eyelashes did grow legnth wise! been using it for almostt a month,

on 5/12/2013 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I lost a lot of hair after having a baby. I couldn't use this for my brows or lashes because it really STINGS and BURNS if it gets into my eyes, like getting soap into your eyes! Didn't anyone else have this reaction? I can't use it on the brows because I tend to always overdo things and put on too much and it runs into my eyes and burns. But on my head, trying to get back the hair I lost? I'd been using rosemary oil for a long time to try and get the hair back but to no avail. So I thought I would have to get resigned to the idea of having thinning hair forever, like some elderly ladies I see. Then I read about castor oil on here and I started applying it to my roots (mixed with olive oil) twice a week a couple of months ago. And OH BOY AM I SOOO HAPPY NOW!!! I've got lots and lots and lots of little baby hairs sprouting out all over now, a whole halo of baby hairs everywhere. I just apply it, leave it on for at least 2 hours and then shampoo it out, it takes 2 shampoos and I use sulfate-free shampoo bars. I don't know if I will ever go back to pre-baby thickness, but for the moment I am absolutely THRILLED, like you can't imagine!

on 5/10/2013 11:40:00 PM

This stuff works, slowly but surely. I've applied it to my brows and lashes for the past month or so, few times a week, and I notice a difference. I'm trying to thicken my brows, and correct the uneven, sparse areas. Some areas have new growth (albeit fine and light), and others are still empty, but I'm not giving up hope. For my lashes, I don't notice any new growth or thickness/lusciousness, but they're definitely longer (both top and bottom). I can't wear castor oil on my lashes when I go to sleep b/c it irritates my eyes causing puffiness in the morning. However, when I'm home and have nowhere to go, I dip a q-tip in the oil, and generously spread it on my brows and lashes. Will definitely keep using!

Popular Brows Products