December 20, 2014 | 1605 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used Castor Oil for 2 weeks on my eyelashes and eyebrows and it is working. My eyelashes have gotten longer and thicker in one week. My eyebrows are not unruly anymore (they are very sparse) and I can see new growth. I put this on at night with a q-tip after I have gotten everything else done. The second night I put it on, I got too much on and in the morning, my eyelashes were kind of sticking and I had not gotten all the mascara off, so it came off everytime I blinked. It was sort of hilarious, well it would have been if I had not been trying to get out the door. Now I wipe the excess off on a spot on the back of my hand and I don't see that it is lightening, or going away, but I doubt that this is the intent, I was just trying it.

My husband asked if it was poisonous, and I googled that and people use it internally for a laxative - but I am not recommending internal use. The waste product contains a toxin, which you can read about on wickipedia in light of events in Boston ...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to work for me to thicken up my super sparse brows. Alas, it did nothing. I also find the scent really awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by madhat

Drop the expensive mascaras,fake lashes and other products promising to grow your lashes to the garbage bin!I swear to God,if you apply castor oil every night on your lashes(I do so on upper and low lid) after one month,in combination to your mascara,your lashes will be absolutely perfect!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I use castor oil in my homemade oil cleanser. 3 parts castor to 1 part EVOO with a splash of jojoba and almond. wonderful for gently removing makeup and conditioning eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by SpectrumHeart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this as an oil treatment in my hair and its growing so fast! I've had to get two hair cats in the last month to keep up with it! My only complaint is that I have to wash twice but it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by cherriesandpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This DOES work to grow out your eyelashes! Mine look so much longer - I no longer have to wear mascara daily to make my short-average eyelashes show up - they actually look curled up by themselves without mascara - really open up my eyes and make them look bigger! It makes me so much happier- such an amazing and inexpensive treatment :). My boyfriend noticed too *your eyelashes are really long!* *open mouthed intense face* ^_^ ooo so awesome - and I've only been using it for 3 weeks everynight!! And it's so cheap compared to all the other eyelash growth serums!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sienadelevinge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is a lot of controversy on this product. Now, for me personally it works. I am Asian but am blessed with nice dark full eyebrows. Unfortunately I've made the huge mistake of over plucking them back in 6th grade when the "barely-there-bitch" brows were trendy. Although they did grow out it, it just hasn't been the same since... Until I stumbled upon this miraculous thing called Castor Oil. I apply it to my brows/under the brows every night before I sleep. It really did do wonders for my brows, it filled in significantly and is darker. I've also been applying it on my eye lashes recently and am hoping for great results.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by bonetaapplebum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Update 04/15: For those of you with dryer skin types, make sure you use no more than 20% castor oil when mixed with another oil. A little goes a long way!

I know there are a lot of controversy in regards to the oil cleansing method, but personally I have found it to be the most effective way of cleansing facial bacteria while promoting moisture and suppleness (yup.. that's the dream!). If you are struggling with acne prone and unbalanced skin (i.e., high oil production yet a dry and flaky surface), you should read on.

I am a fantastic triple threat of acne prone - flaky - and extreme oily skin type. I was baffled for years in trying to find the right cleanser and exfoliant for my finicky skin. I tried cleansers that are advertised as "acne fighting" that contain tea tree oil and salicylic acid, which unfortunately not only didn't perform up to expectation (because when you think about it, all the acne fighting ingredients are sadly washed down the drain within a minute or two, rendering them utterly useless), but also aggravated my pre-existing acne by drying out the surface of my skin causing more bacteria to flourish, and making me look completely hideous while wearing powder make-up. Why not just exfoliate away the dryness, you say? Well, since my skin is already sensitive and dry from the sulphates in harsh cleansers, chemical exfoliants like BHA and AHA further irritated it while manual exfoliants (no matter how gentle) required scrubbing, which as anyone knows, is not good for the little red volcanoes on your face just dying to burst. So strike one for the acne fighting cleansers.

I then moved in a complete direction of trying gentle, soapless or lotion based cleansers in a desperate attempt to save my dry flaky skin. Cetaphil just made me feel like a complete greaseball, while not at all practical for anyone who wears heavy-ish make-up like myself. I even tried Pond's, after reading some positive reviews on here, but ended up with the same solution: greasy finish, inadequate cleansing, and the cleansing method itself was entirely too time consuming as I would literally go through a stack of cotton pads in attempt to remove the cleanser from my face. Strike one for the gentle cleansers, then.

After reading the theory behind the oil cleansing method (i.e., oil dissolves oil), I thought I'd give it a try. I am now on week 2, and there had been a significant reduction in my pore size/oil production. Since my skin feels soft and supple after cleansing (and not tight and dry with a water based cleanser, or greasy as hell with a lotion based cleanser), i can now apply a lower concentration chemical exfoliant with ease (I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion - another gem!). The combination of the two is now putting my skin back on the right track - acne free, flake free, less oily and more balanced.

Everyone does the OCM differently, but castor oil is usually used as base. You may also use jojoba oil (as I have in the first few days), but many people found jojoba oil does not have strong enough cleansing properties as castor oil, and I actually experienced a range of tiny bumps while using jojoba. I now use a 1 part castor oil, and 2 parts grapeseed oil (a great oil to use for those with combination skin types) for dilution. I warm the oil in my hands, then apply to a dry face using gentle circular motion. There is no need to use a make-up remover prior to this. After massaging about a minute or two, I use about 3 cotton pads soaked in warm water to wipe the oil and make-up off my face (1 for each part of the face; I find this a more sanitary way than using washcloths - as well, cotton pads feel gentler and less tugging on the face than a washcloth). I then follow up with an AHA for pm. In the mornings since my skin still feels balanced and clean, I seldomly feel the need to wash my face (in fact, cleansing once a day should be adequate to remove a day worth of dirt and bacteria off your face) with anything but water.

If you had the patience to read up to this point, I strongly suggest going out to your local health foods store and get yourself some castor oil + another thinner oil (grapeseed, sesame, sweet almond) and try the OCM tonight. More info can be found at http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com continued >>

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by jkaclark123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Use this around the eyes, as I have a very dry eye area. I use it under make up (just a tad) and it looks lovely and keeps my eyes looking fresh allday. Plus it helps my concealer not to crease and stay on all day. I have really bad dark circles under my eyes so I do wear a fair bit of concealer! It smells horrible and is very thick, but you need the tiniest amount. It also works wonders on your hair, I didn't use it long enough to say if it made it grow faster (because I got bored) but it definitely made my ends look thicker and less split. It's nice just to add a little amount to your conditioner and just put it on your ends rather than your roots because it can be hard to wash out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Castor oil is quite amazing - must say, one of the brilliant creations in nature!
Thanks to the reviews of MUA folks, that I kept up the oil-cleansing regime with castor oil and another carrier oil.
It has really helped clear my skin.
With the castor and apricot kernel mix, I massage my face. After a few *impatient* minutes, I can feel some bumps rubbing off. I'd hope those are blackheads, tags and grime! In any case, the skin looks and feels clean and clear. The face is moisturized too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No