August 20, 2014 | 2117 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by SunnySunjey

It's one of my favorite mascaras after I tried a lot of mascaras from maybelline, loreal, chanel, dior, lancome, clarins, clinique, guerlains, helena rubinstein....and so on.
For my asian lashes, which are fine, with no natural curl,normal long and very stubborn ;) this mascara is really good!!
But I have to say, that for the first application this mascara is too heavy/ hard for my asian lashes. It makes them just going down after I curled them. But after using inimtable by chanel and divinora by guerlain (which is not availible anymore and very bad for me, but I luckily buyed a lot of them before they were taken out) the kiss me mascara just gives them the wow effect. it gives them more drama, the color is deep black and they highlight my lashes perfectly. It does not clump my lashes together and it makes them longer AND thicker. I think the last effect dominates more although the mascara called "long and curl". And it fix the applications before really good so that the curl oh the lashes stay all day and all night!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by laserclam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this mascara for over a year and it is the best I've ever tried. It goes on smoothly, you can add volume with ease, the brush is a nice size and shape, and it lasts forever without smudging. It's not marketed as waterproof, but it definitely is, and it doesn't go on clumpy like other waterproof formulas.You definitely need makeup remover, which is the only drawback, I guess. It can be pricey at Japanese markets, but I buy a few at a time on Ebay for around $12 each, which isn't horrible. I recommend it to anyone who will listen.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by COOKIES

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Puts the loads of mascaras I've tried before to shame.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 More reviews by tokidoki123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the oiliest eyelids known to man. Even eyelid primers/bases can't stop my eyelids from being oily for more than 2 hours. Drugstore and luxury waterproof mascaras smudge, smear, run, flake, and don't keep my lashes curled. I stumbled upon this mascara in my local Japanese market for it was on a promo sale that came with the remover. I'm so glad I did! It stayed on all day, no smearing or flaking. Kept my stick straight eyelashes curled and gave them a bit of length. Its deep black, and gives great separation and the fiber formula gave my lashes a bit of bulk. Packaging is okay, not as frilly as most asian beauty packaging, but practical. I used to use the Bobbi Brown waterproof mascara, but I prefer this one for it gives a bit more drama and performs better than the BB mascara. The price is a bit steep, I bought it for $18 along with the remover (which is great!), but for the quality and performance I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by rlmy112

One of my favorite product. The mascara is long lasting and water-proof. No smudging. I have tried maybeline define a lash mascara before. It smudges and gives me dark circles under my eyes.

But it is hard to remove. (Must use make up remover)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the lengthening formula for this mascara and it's my HG mascara. Why? I always go for waterproof mascaras because the humid weather in Singapore just kills.
I love it because it really does lengthen my lashes and it is really the mascara that holds my curls. I don't have long lashes so this mascara does WONDERS to my lashes.
I believe the mascara works a little better when it's slightly dry. And the waterproof part, it is really WATERPROOF. I couldn't get it off with my Simple Eye Make-Up Remover and had to use an oil-based remover from Biore to take it off completely.
I would definitely repurchase it, and it's soon! Due to my mascara is really drying out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Wow I really love this mascara. I am a huge fan of longwear eye makeup and I love this possibly more than my signature staple Shiseido Lasting Lift. Comparing the two, this one will hold your curl even longer, is even more budgeproof, and you definitely need mineral oil or EVOO to get it off. Thats no problem with me, I love long lasting mascara given every mascara seems to smudge on my eyes. It doesn't clump as bad as Shiseido Lasting Lift, although the LL is more lengthening. I will definitely be repurchasing this and the Shiseido LL for days I want longer looking lashes. I highly recommend to anyone who wants cast iron strength longwear mascara that will give you a really nice curl, a more natural result, and length. Also, this is so perfect for the lower lashes. Will not smudge!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by rikiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this mascara last week and I love it! I had to choose between this and the volume&curl one, and decided on this one since nearly all the mascaras I own are volumizing ones already.

A little about me and my eyes. I have stick straight Asian lashes that usually fall out of their curls within a few minutes if I don't use a mascara and even then, after a few hours my curls are usually a lot less perky and quite flat. Compound that with the fact that my lids are naturally a bit oily, I usually have a little bit of a light smudge at the outer corners of my eyes where my lashes invariably brush against my skin. This is from waterproof mascaras too! I was pretty sure after all the mascaras I've tried, I'd be stuck with flat lashes that smudge on an oily day with mascara.

Then I discovered Heroine Make long&curl!

I can't say this does anything for uncurled lashes, but after I curl my lashes and brush this mascara on, I look like I have dolly eyes! My lashes look long and perfectly fanned out like falsies would. I actually look like I have falsies on, it's amazing! What's even more amazing is that after 8 or 9 hours and my skin turning a bit oily, none of this mascara transferred onto my lower lid at all! No smudge whatsoever.

I really like the whole packaging of the tube as well. Usually whenever I pull out a mascara wand there's that goopy sound and a buldge of mascara stuck at the tip but with Heroine Make, the wand comes out easy and clean. I don't need to wipe the wand first before I use it. I've never used a curved mascara wand before, but now I think it's my favourite! It's a lot easier to reach the corners of my eyes and if I flip the wand to the other side I can brush my lashes. The bristles are a lot more firm and the way the bristles are situated almost makes the spoolie look like a comb, so it's really easy to brush through your lashes. I don't need to do the whole zig zag thing as I do with other mascaras to separate my lashes.

As everyone else has mentioned, it's staying power is so amazing that it's ridiculously hard to get the mascara off. I've tried using my usual make up remover but all it did was remove my eyeliner, the mascara stayed firmly in place. I then used cold cream and massaged it over my lashes before wiping it off with a puff. That worked, but it's a bit of a hassle compared to just squirting on a bit of makeup remover on a puff and wiping gently. I'll invest in a better make up remover later, I suppose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

This is a FANTASTIC mascara made by the people who really know how to do their makeup! I've tried a variety of both HE and d/s mascara in the US, and most either don't do jack to my lashes, or they don't hold curl at ALL. even some of the waterproof mascaras are rather wimpy.

A few months ago i visited Japan and finally picked up the Kiss Me Heroine Long & Curl mascara, as well as the Volume & Curl. V&C ended up being my HG, but the L&C is quite fantastic as well!

Unlike the V&C, this mascara gives me minimal volume to my lashes. Instead what it does quite well is hold curl and FAN OUT my lashes. the bristles on the wand is really thin so it works great at keeping my lashes not clumped together. It lengthens my lashes but not by a lot, but i can totally forgive that when it does such a fantastic job with holding curl and fanning out my lashes. I like to use this during the day for work to give a rather soft look due to the almost feathery effect it gives me.

Note i am asian so I hae stubby asian lashes that doesn't hold curl, and also i have very THIN and few lashes. I believe those with more lashes or thicker lashes would love this mascara, as it helps with keeping lashes separated and curled. for me since my lashes are thin and decently long, i mainly benefited from the separation and curl holding.

One thing to note is that I noticed if I layer more than 1.5 layers or so, it would start to clump at the tip and give me a spidey look. ^^;;

overall this is a fantastic mascara. In the US it's a bit more pricy, but in Japan it varies from 1000yen (at the airport) to around 1200yen. Personally i think it is quite worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Finally tried this in the long and curl version and I can tell this is much better than the volume and curl version. You can read my review if interested. That one, imo, is a total waste for my money unless it was the older version.

Anyway, this comes in a curvy brush head with short spikes made with plastic - very different from the peanut shaped brush of the volume and curl version. I find this brush easy to work with the formula, which is on the wet side to begin with. It's nice to find out that this doesn't clump. I tried brushing on 2 coats on my lashes, both immediately after first coat and allowing the first coat to dry off a bit - still minimal clumping and spider legs lashes.

Although this is the length and curl version, it didn't lengthen my lashes like crazy. I'd rate this as better than average though not the best (erm I didn't try using more than 2 coats though). As for holding the curl, it's great if I have 1 coat of mascara only but it weighs down my lashes slightly if I have 2 coats on. Honestly, I cannot go with only 1 coat of this. It doesn't give much volume and doesn't thicken AT ALL - much better with the second coat. I have to apply this by brushing it straight up and than in the zig-zac pattern to get the illusion of more lashes, lol.

I didn't experience any smudging or flaking during 1-day wear but mind you, I don't have oily skin to begin with.

Overall, a good mascara for its price - this is a 4.5 lippies mascara in my book. I'd be happier if I tried this earlier. I purchased this right after SASA raised their prices. As of March 2011, it's HKD79 and for this price, I probably will prefer to add another HKD20 to get the Maybelline Magnum Express instead, which gives me more volume and thickening, as well as curl holding.