April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I was taken in by the glowing reviews online, so I ordered this from Sasa.com. I paid under $11 + shipping. I wanted the volume and curl, but they were sold out, so I got this one instead.

This is a very average mascara. I wasn't expecting much volume (hence the name), but I didn't get any length, either. I tried a few different applications, like gently applying to the tips first, and then "rolling" the wand from root to tip. This didn't quite yield the result I was looking for. I also found that when I used more than 1 coat, I got some flaking throughout the day.

I do think it deserves at least 3 lippies, in my book, because it does hold the curl (and also helps to curl when you do the rolling method that I described earlier), and the petite, curved brush is easy to maneuver and defines the lashes decently. Also, this is very waterproof and long-wearing, so I will give it credit for that. (I purchased the Kiss Me mascara remover, which I will review separately.)

Overall, it didn't give me the drama that I was looking for. It actually reminds me of a cheap version of Shu Uemura's Basic, which is, well -- basic!

I will continue the search! For reference, I have thin lashes that are somewhat short, but have been lengthened by Rapidlash. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by gemini85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG mascara. No need to try anything else. Lengthens, holds a curl, and NO smudges! After like 3 months use it doesn't separate as well, but it's nothing a lash comb won't fix. Only possible downside I can think of is how hard it is to wash this off, but I'd rather deal with rewashing than to have raccoon eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by gelastyle

What can I say....but LOVEEEE!! This is def. my HG mascara. I have tried all the mascaras that was supposed to be good for my asian lashes (short, thick, fall straight) such as maybelline full n soft, covergirl lash blast (this falls 2nd), lancome courbe? virtuso, estee lauder, dior show.. but this .. my fellow chicas is what my eyelashes were made for. This holds my curl THE WHOLE DAY from the moment I curl and coat my lashes with this until the end of the day when I wash it off with eye makeup remover. This paired with my shu uuemura lash curler, allowed me to confidently get my falsies and throw in the back. I always had short lashes (not SHORT SHORT but def not long or noticeable w.o mascara) and after this I continuously get asked if I'm 1) wearing fake lashes 2) pretty lashes, not too dramatic but doll like.
If I had to say something bad about this is that it last way too ridiculously long.. (pro and con at the same time ironically.) because when the time comes to take this thing off.... damn its a pain the bum. I have to use up 2 cotton balls soaked in makeup remover (up & up by target dupe for neutrogena oil freee) and even after deepcleansing and reg. wash it still leaves some remains. But I'm willing to go through it (which is a MIRACLE because I am the MOST laziest girl you'll ever meet...) as well as driving all the way down to torrance (where they have mitsuwa or marukai = the japanese stores where they sell this) for they do not carry this in my town. All in love it, hate it for the littlest reason, but will end up keeping it (0=

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by peonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I liked this the first time I wore it - my lashes were nicely separated and elongated. However it seems to change after the first few uses. It gets clumpy and dry and doesn't layer well. It makes my lashes look really spidery. The pros are that it really is waterproof, doesn't smudge when dry, and hold curls well - even without a base. It is very inexpensive if you buy it in Asia. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Klervie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this mascara everyday. It applies nicely and I find it keeps my eyelashes soft and they are growing nicely. I actually find my eyelashes longer and fuller now without any mascara than I did before. This mascara stays on ALL DAY and it's important that it does not flake off for me. I wear glasses and with other mascara's I would have black flakes all over my lenses at the end of the day. Kiss Me Heroine Make long and curl mascara stays on (no black smudges under your eyes or drips in the corners), works great and keeps my lashes soft. After using this mascara I definitely will not use another brand ever again.

I will only repurchase THIS mascara. I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using the Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl mascara for a while, and it's my HG.

I'm in Hong Kong right now, and bought the special Long & Curl masacara & mascara remover combo for about $10 (79 Hong Kong dollars). Since the mascara alone costs $9 (69 Hong Kong dollars), I simply couldn't resist such a good deal :-D

Both the Volume & Curl and Long & Curl wear like iron. I have worn Volume & Curl while getting soaked at waterfalls without getting any smudges. No doubt, Long & Curl will pass the same test.

Now, to the big question, which is better? Well, depending on what you want. Volume & Curl definitely gives me thicker, more dramatic-looking lashes, while Long & Curl gives me longer, more fluttery-looking lashes. I prefer the brush of Long & Curl a little bit more because it allows me to get to the inner & outer corners a little bit easier (you hold the curved brush like a spoon, similar to Maybeline The Falsies).

Bottom line, you cannot go wrong w/ either one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by crashin2ome

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had to rewrite this review after my ordeal with this mascara.

First of all, beware of fakes of this on ebay. I received my very first one from ebay and it was a fake. Since I didn't have a real one to compare it to, I didn't know it was fake. I did nothing special for my lashes at all, and I was expecting magical curling powers since this is one of the things it's best known for. My lashes fell flat immediately. I was so disappointed because I read all the great reviews and was actually almost happy to find it was a fake since I knew there was a better mascara out there that could still possibly hold my curl! You can Google for comparisons in the wand and tube between the fake and real. I finally ordered a real one from a reputable seller online (not ebay).

And WOW! So glad I kept my faith in this mascara because it curls like no other! I think that is this mascara's strongest point. Although I am Asian, I do have fairly long lashes, though they stick straight down and NOTHING has ever been able to curl them before. After curling with the Shiseido curler and applying this mascara, my lashes stay curled ALL day. And waterproof it is! Like all other reviewers have noted, it is almost so waterproof that it's an annoyance! I can only use Ponds Cold Cream on this and after a little rubbing and wiping off with some tissue or a towel, it comes off perfectly. Totally worth it when it comes its curling powers for me! I hope they never discontinue it, because what other mascara will I use?!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by FlameHaze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best mascara ever!!! I would always have to put on mascara base from Shiseido whenever I want to keep the curl on my lashes... however, with this mascara, I don't even need mascara base. My lashes stay curled ALL day long, even after I take a nap! It also doesn't smudge and it's so easily to apply on. Yes, it is difficult to take off but I find that a little olive oil and rinsing with water does the trick. :) Definitely going to buy more of this after I run out.

The only con about this product is that it has a weird strong bitter smell to it. I really don't like the smell but if it's not too close to my nose it's fine

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Frood42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great mascara! It lengthens and curls my lashes better than any other I've used. I found this on eBay and the price isn't too bad- about 10.00 with shipping. It is hard to wash off, but that also lends to its superior staying power. Usually my mascara wears off in a few hours, and I end up with flakes or smudges around my eye. Not so with this mascara, it stays put without flakes, smudges or smears. I have recommended this to all my friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 6:59:00 AM More reviews by wolfarkas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! This is my new HG mascara! OK, I only gave it 4 lippies cause it's impossible to get off. I just bought the Heroine mascara remover, so we'll see how that helps, but you know what? I don't care! This stuff does everything. I lengthens, thickens and doesn't smudge or flake. It's worth it to have to work at removing it just because it is so fantastic when it's on. I'v never put mascara on my lower lashes because by the end of the day I have raccoon eyes, but this mascara doesn't move! I look just as good in the afternoon as I did when I left the house in the morning. If you don't mind the struggle to get it off, go to ebay and buy it now! I paid less than $10 for mine and I just bought two more for less than $8 each.