November 24, 2014 | 2006 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by lifnisanders

absolutely adore this! this is my first eye primer and it works so good! my eyeshadow usually crease in like 3 hours of using but when i use this, it stays all day long! i have a very oily eye lid btw ! love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by gabriellerae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My go-to eyeshadow primer for creaseless, phenomenal priming. Once I realized that this Too Faced primer offered all of the benefits I was looking for in an eyeshadow primer (no creasing, sufficient but lightweight coverage, etc.) I've stuck with it for the past 4 years. I often hear complaints about it being runny, which I have noticed when I first open a fresh tube, but have always been to alleviate by shaking and rolling the tube until product fully mixes. Would definitely recommend to others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst eye primer I've ever tried! It's cheaply made & packaged. It's a complete waste of money. I wear Estee Lauder double wear foundation, this primer actually took off my foundation! Now for you ladies who wear double wear, you know that its a higher end good quality foundation that's not easily removed. I used the smallest amount of this & it just cut right through my foundation. It was oily and just gross.. I will stick with urban decay.

Note: Shake this primer before use, otherwise oil will squirt out first!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by viivijw

I think this eyeshadow primer is okay but for me it doesn't last as long as UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by georginags

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not sure about this. I purchased this yesterday because everyone raves on about how good it is. I'm still testing it out and so far so good. But why is this so runny?! It's seriously like water. I've tried shaking it and rubbing the tube in my hands to combine the mixture but still no luck. I'm reading that you just have to wait it out until you reach the good stuff but it's seriously wasteful!

But on the upside, this stuff does what it claims to do. Your shadow will stay put and look way better than it would without a primer at all. Creasing seems to be nightmare for everyone but I've really had any creasing issues to begin with. Before this I was using face of Australia eyeshadow primer and this creased like mad the second you put it on. As it's a lot like MAC prep+prime (texture wise), all it really did was make the eyeshadow "stick" to your eyelids. I would just pat the eyeshadow down over the crease and then blend away. And it would stay perfect for the rest of the day. My only issue with my face of Australia primer (or any other primer with similar texture) is that it can be quite difficult to work with. And I don't like the idea of pulling at my eyelids just to put it on. The too faced shadow insurance is a dream to put on! And it feels lovely too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Penglorraine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best eyeshadow or eye primers out there. I got it for 10 $ at ulta during their 21 days of beauty and even a free gift of sample honey by Marc Jacobs. It started a bit runny from the tube but then it was just when I opened it. Perfect for dry to combination skin, not sure about oily skin, maybe udpp is better for oily since it's of thixker consistency. Well I like too faced primer because it is light and helps my gel eyeliner stay on longer. Also I have sensitive dry skin, so no eye irritation and super light, I don't even feel anything when I use it. Doesn't have a bad smell and lasts pretty long for the price. Doesn't hurt to try it, it's as good or better than udpp depending on skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by kadytheredpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this. I have very oily skin and eyelids and this makes my eyeshadow stay on for hours with no creasing and minimal fading. I rub my eyes a lot due to chronic dry eye and I've never had shadow transfer onto my hands when this was on. Super awesome. I just hate that it's so expensive, but I've had the same tube for almost a year and it's still only halfway full. A little goes a long way...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Prefer UDDP to this. Find this really drying, makes my shadow crease and dosent last long or work well for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Megzilla30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely oily eyelids and skin so all my eye makeup would crease and melt off not long after applying it. I was SO frustrated. I thought it was because I was wearing cheap eyeshadow.
So,I went to Sephora in search of better eyeshadow. A helpful woman who worked there told me it's not my eyeshadow that's the problem,that I needed a primer. She put the too faced primer on her hand,applied shadow on top and on another part of her hand without the primer. OMG! It was like night and day. The primer made the eyeshadows color really pop out. I was sold.
I've been using it ever since,going on over year. I would never be without this product. My eye makeup stays in place all day and looks perfectly applied at the end of the day. I got a sample of the UD primer and well...it sucks compared to this.
If you're thinking about trying this primer go do the hand test yourself and you'll be sold too! I showed my Husband what a difference it makes and even he was amazed! The only downfall is the price but it lasts forever,I just recently bought my second tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by prettyLady11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was expecting it to be better since it is Too Faced, but i didn't find it to insure as much as I wanted to. I have oily lids by midday so I think i just need a stronger primer.