Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

3.3

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, squalane, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d?orge, sucrose stearate, sea whip extract, cholesterol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), acetyl glucosamine, ppg-20 methyl glucose ether, caffeine, propylene glycol dicaprate, caprylyl glycol, stearic acid, sodium chloride, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, yellow 5 (ci 19140), green 5 (ci 61570), blue 1 (ci 42090).

on 1/24/2008 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Yes, it leaves your skin feeling moisturized but at the same time, I just don't feel like it removes makeup effectively enough. When I follow the cleansing process with application of the matching toner, I see a lot of makeup on the cotton ball. Once I am done with this tube, I'm going back to ordering Biomedic's purifying cleanser. UPDATE: Had a breakout on my forehead where I usually don't get it. Just got a refund on it today!!!

on 1/15/2008 7:13:00 AM

Ingredients:
(Cucumber) Fruit extract. Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\extrait DOrge. Sucrose Stearte. Sea Whip Extract. Cholesterol. Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) seedcake. Chamomilla Recutta (Matricaria). Acetyl Glucosamine. PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether. Caffeine. Propylene Glycol. Dicarprate. Caprylyl glycol. Stearic acid. Sodium Chloride. Disodium EDTA. BHT. Phenoxyethanol. Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. Yellow 5 (CL 19140). Green 5 (CL 61570). Blue (CL 42090) (ILN33230).

150ml tube costs 15.00 in UK. I have patch tested on inner elbow and it passed. The tube has a weird cap that you twist and the cleanser comes out of it then you twist to close it and a little more comes out.

Consistency is gel/creamy but light. It has a light smell that i cant quite describe and is pale green in colour. I use this twice a day and SA said it would take off eyeshadow. I have found that it does NOT take it all off (Chanel eyeshadow). I use am in the shower and rinse off and pm with a muslin cloth. There is no residue but I have not tried to just tissue it off so cant comment on that.

So far I am happy with this cleanser. I tend not to use a toner and spray with Vichy water spray instead. I am tempted to try their mild toner though in the future,

I have Rosacea and very allergic skin so patch test everything. This has not made my red patches worse in fact they are gradually looking better but i cannot attribute all this to Clinique as I am on antibiotics, skinoren cream BUT I am impressed that they are tackling Rosacea concerns. I use the redness solutions daily relief cream (see review for that). however the urgent relief cream did not pass my patch test and I do not recommend it.

ps. SA advised that products with oil can irritate skin but I am worried about my skin drying out long term as I am using no oil at the moment.

EDIT: My skin is now SO flaky and my neck has come up red a few times with this and the Mild toner and anti redness moisturiser, I have used for 30+ days and not happy with my now tight, lined skin. Back to the drawing board.

on 1/11/2008 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had a peel this past Monday and had a horrible reaction. Not even pure olive oil was helping my redness, peeling, burning on my cheeks. I was in pain and hibernating because of my lobster face. I stopped by the Clinque counter because whenever my skin is bad, I seem to return to them for help. Their products are non- comedegenic, non-acneic and have no added scent. This stuff calmed my skin from the moment I used it. It will not strip or irritate inflamed skin at all. Believe me, the peel I had has left me raw and overnight my redness was reduced by at least 80%. I know some people don't like Clinique for some reason and yes, not all their products are good, but this one cleanser has saved me. I didn't want to go out of the house because was red, inflamed and dry. Awesome!! Only marking to 4 lippies because it is the most expensive cleanser Clinique has and it would be better in a pump bottle. I still will need eye make-up remover but over cleansing your skin when it is inflamed is a bad thing. You have to leave some oils in your skin.

UPDATE: Not worth the money. Doesn't take off makeup and to be honest, it did not reduce my redness for long. It seems everytime I wash with it, I feel this film on my skin that I don't like, I'm also red within a few hours.

on 1/11/2008 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have tight, itchy red cheeks, especially in winter. I needed a new cleanser, and this caught my eye. The Clinique SA knew nothing about it (hmmm), but I bought it anyway. I don't like it. It seemed greasy to me, a tissue off kind of thing. I like a clean feeling after I wash, and I want my cleanser to remove makeup. This product does not foam up. It just moves around on your face. If the makeup doesn't come off, to me, that's the litmus test for whether it cleans. It doesn't, so what's the point?

on 1/3/2008 5:56:00 PM

I love this cleanser! It's right in-between the Liquid Facial Soap Mild (which was too harsh) and the Calming Complexion Soothing Cleanser (which didn't clean my face enough). This cleanser goes on smooth and cool, and isn't harsh in the slightest. I still have to use a make-up remover first for my all-day wearing foundation, but that's no big deal to me. Best of all, it hasn't made me break out (as most cleansers do) and my skin is loving it. My chin/cheeks do seem less red, but I'm not sure if that's real or just a placebo effect. Still, a new favorite!

UPDATE - It made me break out, eventually. So, oh well. Moving on...

on 12/29/2007 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I've had this for about a week and it is still working for me. Doesn't irritate and does not dry out my skin. I find most cleaners are too drying, irritating or don't take any of my makeup/sunscreen off. I've found that this gets my makeup and sunscreen off just fine. My first big test is does my face look more red after using a product and this one does not make my face any more red. My second test is do I feel irriation a few hours later, and I don't feel it with this. The only negative is the tube dispenser. ***Edit - had a huge flareup and gave up the whole line. Now using jojoba oil to take off makeup, cetaphil gentle soap, Prosacea, and then jojoba and complex 15. My redness is reducing and I am less sensitive.

on 12/28/2007 9:46:00 AM

+++ANOTHER UPDATE!!!+++

I try new products very often, and sometimes set aside proven products to test new skincare.
I was using Cetaphil, which works well, but the summer heat, as always, amps up the rosacea. I pulled out this Clinique cleanser,
and after 2 days, the redness and sensitivity was greatly diminished, and my skin was soft and... not greasy! Even in the humidity!

This is NOT a cleanser that you foam up in hands and apply to wet face. This gentle gel should be gently massaged into your DRY face,
and then with moistened fingers, continue massaging.. the gel emulsifies, but there is no soapy foam.... continue for a while, then gently rinse, rinse, rinse with tepid water... skin is soothed, clean and soft. There have been no break-outs, no flakies, no bright red spots, nor irritation.

This might not work for those with very oily, acne prone skin, but for
rosaceans, this is good stuff!

***UPDATE!!!***

After 10 days of using this product (Redness Solutions Cleanser),
I have great news! The redness in my skin is markedly reduced; the moisture levels are increased, my skin is softer, no breakout, and no itching or cracking!

I also purchased the Redness Solutions cream, and use it twice a day.
This is a wonderful product, and works better than anything I have used, prescription or over the counter.

I hope Clinique expands the line and perhaps comes out with a foundation in the line, and perhaps supplements the line with products for summer.

I have X-TREME rosacea. In the winter I am dry, cracked, itchy, in pain, and RED! In the summer I am oily, cracked, broken out, itchy, and bright flare RED!

I have undergone prescription treatments, but none have alleviated the red. I've tried the various drugstore mass-marketed lines designed to treat the red, but the only effect is the totally dry out my skin. So when I learned of the Clinique line, I ran off to Macy's....

The usualy Clinique skin care 3 step process was far too drying for my skin - even step one for sensitive skin. BUT overnight.. after 1 cleansing (and treating with the accompanying treatment and cream) there was noticeable reduction in the red, and in the moisture level of my skin. I look forward to seeing more improvement if this line can make a difference overnight!

My only caveat: as I noted, when the weather is hot and humid I get very oily... I hope that the high moisturizing effect of this line does not contribute to break-outs.... But this one I will continue for the time being.

on 12/25/2007 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Having very dry/sens. skin, I got suckered into this brand new cleanser while stopping by to pick up my tried and true extra mild cleanser. I have tried it for a week so far and am not sure if I would repurchase b/c: 1. it is more expensive than the other Clinique cleansers, 2. it has horrible packaging, with a twist up cap that dispenses the product (and leaves a leaky mess!) and 3. it doesn't seem to be doing anything above and beyond what the extra mild liquid is doing. Positives include a creamier consistency than the other liquid soaps and the ability to remove makeup easier. I most likely will return to my regular cleanser when this is done. EDIT: have not repurchased.