October 20, 2014 | 1987 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by derekb15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had this for about a week and it is still working for me. Doesn't irritate and does not dry out my skin. I find most cleaners are too drying, irritating or don't take any of my makeup/sunscreen off. I've found that this gets my makeup and sunscreen off just fine. My first big test is does my face look more red after using a product and this one does not make my face any more red. My second test is do I feel irriation a few hours later, and I don't feel it with this. The only negative is the tube dispenser. ***Edit - had a huge flareup and gave up the whole line. Now using jojoba oil to take off makeup, cetaphil gentle soap, Prosacea, and then jojoba and complex 15. My redness is reducing and I am less sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 9:46:00 AM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

+++ANOTHER UPDATE!!!+++

I try new products very often, and sometimes set aside proven products to test new skincare.
I was using Cetaphil, which works well, but the summer heat, as always, amps up the rosacea. I pulled out this Clinique cleanser,
and after 2 days, the redness and sensitivity was greatly diminished, and my skin was soft and... not greasy! Even in the humidity!

This is NOT a cleanser that you foam up in hands and apply to wet face. This gentle gel should be gently massaged into your DRY face,
and then with moistened fingers, continue massaging.. the gel emulsifies, but there is no soapy foam.... continue for a while, then gently rinse, rinse, rinse with tepid water... skin is soothed, clean and soft. There have been no break-outs, no flakies, no bright red spots, nor irritation.

This might not work for those with very oily, acne prone skin, but for
rosaceans, this is good stuff!

***UPDATE!!!***

After 10 days of using this product (Redness Solutions Cleanser),
I have great news! The redness in my skin is markedly reduced; the moisture levels are increased, my skin is softer, no breakout, and no itching or cracking!

I also purchased the Redness Solutions cream, and use it twice a day.
This is a wonderful product, and works better than anything I have used, prescription or over the counter.

I hope Clinique expands the line and perhaps comes out with a foundation in the line, and perhaps supplements the line with products for summer.

I have X-TREME rosacea. In the winter I am dry, cracked, itchy, in pain, and RED! In the summer I am oily, cracked, broken out, itchy, and bright flare RED!

I have undergone prescription treatments, but none have alleviated the red. I've tried the various drugstore mass-marketed lines designed to treat the red, but the only effect is the totally dry out my skin. So when I learned of the Clinique line, I ran off to Macy's....

The usualy Clinique skin care 3 step process was far too drying for my skin - even step one for sensitive skin. BUT overnight.. after 1 cleansing (and treating with the accompanying treatment and cream) there was noticeable reduction in the red, and in the moisture level of my skin. I look forward to seeing more improvement if this line can make a difference overnight!

My only caveat: as I noted, when the weather is hot and humid I get very oily... I hope that the high moisturizing effect of this line does not contribute to break-outs.... But this one I will continue for the time being.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Having very dry/sens. skin, I got suckered into this brand new cleanser while stopping by to pick up my tried and true extra mild cleanser. I have tried it for a week so far and am not sure if I would repurchase b/c: 1. it is more expensive than the other Clinique cleansers, 2. it has horrible packaging, with a twist up cap that dispenses the product (and leaves a leaky mess!) and 3. it doesn't seem to be doing anything above and beyond what the extra mild liquid is doing. Positives include a creamier consistency than the other liquid soaps and the ability to remove makeup easier. I most likely will return to my regular cleanser when this is done. EDIT: have not repurchased.