September 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Makeup Brushes - Prescriptives - Foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2003 8:02:00 PM More reviews by jalin

I own 2 of these. I am amazed at how versatile they make foundation and powders. They are wonderful and have lasted me a few years now, so they do not fall apart if you take good care of them. I also own the Buff Brush, which is used to further blend the foundation after it is applied with the brush. I think all the PX brushes are excellent quality and value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2003 7:37:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

This is the best brush. I originally bought the one from Sally's, only to have it fall apart after a couple uses. This one is so well-made and you can tell the difference in the application also. Just beautiful. Makes me want to check out their other brushes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2003 12:43:00 AM More reviews by yogagirl

I adore this foundation brush, which I bought when I picked up the virtual youth foundation. this makes application SOOOO much easier. I never liked sponges, or fingers---why didn't I find this sooner. Total rave.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2003 5:46:00 PM More reviews by bastet

I haven't tried any other foundation brushes, so I can't really compare, but I love this one a lot, it does a really good job and holds up pretty well although I wash it regularly. It still looks new.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2003 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Eskimo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first foundation brush, and it does its job. Nothing to rave about, but you must make sure the brush isn't too loaded for a seamless, smooth and sheer finish of your liquid. Good idea to stroke downwards too, and I also touch up with a sponge at the end, just in case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2003 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Joyous

I do not use this brush anymore now that I am using a stick foundation, but when I used a liquid foundation it was great. It is very soft and feels great against my skin and really blends your make up well for a virtually seamless look. It is a bit pricey for my taste but I am told that they last forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2003 5:54:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I'm so glad that I got this brush! I used to have a MAC one but I find this to be much better. It makes my foundation go on very evenly and I think I use less foundation too.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2002 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Slipped

I was pressured into buying from a MA. In natural lighting the finish is streaking and too grainy. The only time it works well for me is with a powder foundation applying finishing touches to a face that I already applied foundation with a sponge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2002 9:05:00 AM More reviews by visee

After hearing all the raves about this brush from the gals here, I just *had* to try it myself cos I hate to get my fingers grubby in the mornings. I find it a good functional brush. I just dot my Px Virtual Skin all over my face and then use the brush to blend it out. The brush is really soft and doesn't leave any streaks. But I still check my face in the window to make sure I didn't miss any spots. It is a little more time consuming, but at least I don't have to wash my hands after applying foundation. It also works great for blending cream blusher! :) However application is a little streaky when the foundation brush is damp, so I usually use it dry. It didn't work too well on my VLWC either (looked uneven and spotchy) so I'm sticking with liquid foundation for now. Anyway I'm still going to use the brush daily since I've got it, but at the moment it's not a must-have, so I'm not sure I would repurchase even though I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2002 1:56:00 PM More reviews by melmel

Expensive but the best investment you could make. The bristles even after a year are still nice and firm. The only problem I have is that the silver paint has chipped off the wooden handle. I would recommend a waterproof handle. I would buy this brush if I lost mine. It is a must!!!