August 21, 2014 | 1851 users online

Brows - Cover Girl - Brow and Eye Makers

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

CG brow & eye makers is one of the worst brow/eye pencils I have ever used. This pencil has a super waxy texture, and very little pigment payoff ... you have to press really hard to get any colour so I never use it for eyelining, and when you do press hard on brows, it clumps up your brows in waxy film! Makes for a really bad and unpolished look! This CG pencil is for the garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 12:09:00 PM More reviews by klutzx01

LOVE IT! I used to use Dior brow pencils, thinking that the pricier they are, the better it is. (I was in junior high and didn't know any better) But after almost a decade, I love my drug store brow pencils!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2007 6:06:00 AM More reviews by dulcemiel83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the midnight brown. I really like this pencil because it's easy to blend. I wouldn't recommend this as an eyeliner because the formula has a tendency to fade when I use it that way. I think it's because I have oily/combination skin. Anyway, when I use it for my eyeborws it stays in place all day...wierd, huh?.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2006 9:35:00 PM More reviews by breathlessaddict

I have been using this product for YEARS- I buy it in soft blonde, and use just a little to define my brows (they are so light!) The trick is finiding the right color- I found honey blonde made them look a tad orange, and soft blonde was right on. And for the price, I will keep buying- and buying- and buying- until I can afford the Kevyn Aucoin 1!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2006 11:40:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ever since ive started shading in my brows, ive been using this. i use to like this until ive discovered better brow pencils. the texture of this pencil is hard and doesnt go on too smooth. doesnt have much staying power either.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2006 5:44:00 PM More reviews by crazzypabes

I really love these pencils- I own 3 colors: soft blonde for my eyebrows, honey brown and midnight black for eyeliner. I tend to look for bargains, and this is a great one- the brow one lasts all day, the others you have to reapply if you want definition 24-7. They last a long time too, if I don't sharpen every day :) I only gave it 4 lippies because I know there's better out there- lol it's just good for the buck!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2006 7:37:00 AM More reviews by perfectionist_virgo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this if you can absolutely afford nothing else. Limited blendability for sure and the color is not all that hot. My guess is this product is not truly designed for folks with sparse brows, but blessed with a full set (but for whatever reason would like a little darkening). Update: I have revisited this product since my budget is too tight for the higher ends. I should also note that my own brows have grown back so there is no need to almost create the whole brow. These are pretty good for adding depth and the color (midnight brown) is nice since I've colored my hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 8:15:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

These are decent and cheap. I use the black for a liner and brown for my brows. If the black it too hard I hold it near my curling iron for a few seconds and that softens it up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this as eyeliner, since I'm fair and don't wear dark browns/ black well. The browns come in nice warm shades, and they go on smooth and blend nicely. They do rub off a bit, but if I keep the point sharp and draw a fine line, it lasts all day. I like the little sharpener it comes with. Great inexpensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2006 5:11:00 PM More reviews by jinglin

I've been using this product since high school--about eight years now--and it's never yet let me down. :) It's dirt cheap and looks very natural and soft--which was the effect I really wanted. I use the light brown version even though I have dark grown hair and brows; I think the key to getting good color out of this pencil might be to apply it on top of a moisturizer. For some reason the oil in lotion or moisturizers really bring out the colors in this product, so I apply it on top of moisturizing sun lotions or just plain moisturizers every day. Its only flaw is that it smudges very easily--but then I don't rub my brows during the day, so that's never been a problem for me. In conclusion, this is an awesome staple to have in your purse--cheap and reliable.