Lise Watier Portfolio

3.9

Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Candelilla Cera (Cire de Candelilla/Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Cera Carnauba (Cire de Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Ozokerite, Cera Microcristallina (Cire microcristalline/Microcrystalline Wax), Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. +/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet).

on 2/16/2009 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i also saw michelle use it in her video on youtube. i purchased it at my local drugstore. i guess my expectations were a little high but i mean it's a good thing to have. my skin is quite sensitive and really acne prone. it didn't work that well on my acne and scars but i love the lilac and green colours. they work great for improving redness and a dull face. i find the concealer goes on smoother when heated a little by blow drying it. (michelle showed it in one of her videos) nonetheless, expensive but definitely should have in your makeup bag.

on 12/7/2008 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I saw RiceBunny had this in one of her photos and she showed it in her concealer tutorial, so I just had to try it out for myself. I really love how many things I can just cover up with this little miracle wheel! :] It's kinda fun and addictive, too! Anyways, my fave to use is the green (for my nose and a bit on my cheeks) and the skin tone colours for my undereye circles. After I use this, I look so much more awake and glowy. This is a must-have for me! Even though the price is a bit high, it's definitely worth it.

on 11/11/2008 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was watching a make-up tutorial on YouTube and they were showing the versatility of the Lise Watier Portfolio. I decided to purchase it and have come to really love it. I primarily had bought it for the lavender color but the undereye concealer is AMAZING! I was previously using the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage but like the Lise Watier much more. It hides my bags completely and the texture is creamy (the LM is really cakey). The lavender and green work really well too. I am now completely dependent on this little portfolio :)

on 6/14/2008 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like the look of this product, but i find that i only use the green section. that said, it is brilliant...because of the the very pale almost whitish green colour, redness is not only neutralized, it is lightened to the point where it is completely invisable 95% of the time. (i have yet to find a method to completely cover raised pimples) physician's formula green concealer is much more economic, however, it is a much more saturated, darker green that isn't as effective. remember...it is VERY IMPORTANT to use a lip brush to apply this..you only want a small amount, and in the case of a zit or scar you want to apply it ONLY to this area. using a lip brush also helps with blending into the skin without losing coverage

on 8/15/2007 12:10:00 PM

This palette of correctors works very well on my pale skin. (I have the paler version, which includes two concealers, a red-reducing green, a brown for dark eye circles, and a pale blue highlighter/cover for pigmented areas. I find I use them all. It's important to use a small, soft blending brush (mine's from MAC) and to brush in a sweep towards the inner corner of the eye, not the outer corner, as the skin "grows" in this direction.

The creams have good coverage and staying power. I use them on top of the Lise Watier pore refining base, and under my foundation, but I use the pale blue highlighter over my foundation in the darker areas between nose and lip, at the outer corners of my lip, and in the creases at the sides of my nose (which are rather deep). A little dab of the highlighter on the skin at the upper sides of the nose (inner eye corner) will make your eyes shine!

on 7/23/2007 8:36:00 AM

I find the concealers cover very well...I did try using the green one to cover red spots, but leaves a pale green spot on my face no matter how much i try to blend it in...Besides that I love the ivory and the darker beige(when im more tanned) to cover my dark circles...If they would sell those 2 separately i would be more than happy, since I never use the other colors...

on 10/31/2006 5:29:00 PM

As a professional make-up artist, I think this is one of the best cover-up products on the market. It's great for anybody with skin imperfections (redness, dark circles, etc) and for photo make-up. You MUST use a camouflage brush to apply it and VERY IMPORTANT: first mix the colours on your palm, in order to warm them up and make them easy for application!

Redness:
Green + Ivory (for pale skin)
Green + Ivory + Beige (for medium skin tones)
Green + Beige (for tan skin)
Green + Beige + Brown (for darker skin tones)

Under-eye circles:
Lavender + Brown (for brown circles)
Beige (for blue circles)
Green + Ivory + Beige (for mauve circles [with more red])

If you have any questions or need a demo, come by my counter!

For information and appointments call:

514-28-AILES ext. 3572 or 514-282-4537 ext. 3572 (att: Katia)

Or come to my beauty counter LISE WATIER in Complex Les Ailes Downtown Montreal:

Complexe Les Ailes
677, rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest Montréal, Québec H3B 5K4

on 4/28/2006 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This is really nice to match your skin tone. I was having some problems with breakouts and not being able to cover them with anything that I tried. Because of the green and ivory colour I was able to create a perfect concealer that stays hidden all day long. I like to put on my foundation first and then go over with this concealer in places where I need more coverage. This was a true godsend!---EDIT turns out this was making my breakouts even worse. Didn't realize this contained oil. Cannot use it anymore!

on 1/21/2006 1:39:00 AM

This palette of concealer takes some basic knowledge of color-wheel basics to use. Information is on the back of the packaging.

"Green for redness and lilac for sallowness."

Pricey, but works well if used in moderation, and only with proper attention to layering/moisturizing/foundation for your skin. Use with a soft brush, not fingers, for best results.

on 4/26/2004 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Update: this is what i wrote before i discovered COVER FX. Still a very good product this, but won't repurchase since i've found my HG....... here's the previous review: i've got terrible dark-blue triangles under my eyes & this stuff's the only product that manages to cover it up. BUT it's very easy to go too far and make my face mask-like. Would be superb for photos/TV/on-stage - but in daylight have to be careful. Still trying to figure out how to work this - but the coverage is the best so far. Got the one for dark skin - the super dark colours i use as crease-shadow for eyelids: great! Use orange & orange-beige for those damn blue bits under my eyes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials