Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 6/28/2015 10:03:00 PM

I want to love this... I really, really do! I started using this powder about 6 months ago and shortly afterwards started to get really bad pimples around my chin and lower cheeks. I don't get pimples very often (if at all!), however these would not go away. I started changing everything else because I didn't want to blame the powder. I changed face wash, diet etc... It couldn't be this luxurious, sublime powder!!! I stopped using the powder about 2 weeks ago and have already noticed clearer skin. I hope you ladies have better luck!

on 6/21/2015 7:39:00 PM

Pros:
Provides a nice, matte finish.
Not chalky
Looks Natural
Finely-milled

Cons:
Does nothing to control oil if you have oily skin
Packaging is messy
Not travel friendly

on 6/1/2015 5:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

II have a weird relation to this one. I've been using it for over the past 4 years (the same jar) and I'm always saying to myself that I'm going to find a prettier alternative, yet many dollars later, I just can't find a better one!

on 4/6/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm glad I bought this powder! If you think the $52 is a lot, just remember it is 1 oz of product for Chanel's versus 0.3 oz of product for other $35-40 loose powders!!! I've tried Tarte's, Laura Mercier's, and Estee Lauder's loose powders and Chanel's is superior. It is very finely milled and translucent 3 matches my skin tone perfectly. Translucent 3 is a bit yellow/neutral. I put a little powder on the poof it comes with and pat the powder onto my foundation after giving some time for my foundation (Estee Lauder's Double Wear in 4N2 Spiced Sand) to dry. With this loose powder, I never re-touch my makeup during the day! It has a matte finish and is great for making your make up look flawless.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

only of thing to say... love it!!!! my favorite loose powder, plus it really matches your color. oh what id do without chanel! <3

V expensive for what it is. Yes I guess it's nice but nothing better than the $12 ELF one I picked up at kmart. Truly. Don't waste $100.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just don't understand why chanel don't make this in a smaller form. I know there's a compact version but i don't want compact powder.. i want it loose!

on 9/18/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found this powder didn't match my skin tone and was quite yellow/white. I found the coverage was average but highlighted my spots. I think it's highly over priced and not worth the money. I feel your paying more for the name opposed to the product.

on 9/10/2014 10:22:00 PM

I am about to finish this jar of loose powder & I like it so much that I am going to get a 2nd jar! Thats how much I love it.
I have strayed from this powder many times, wanting to try other powders from other brands in the hope that it will be better. Sad to say I always come back to this Chanel powder no matter what. It doesn't dry out my skin and cause flaky patches - which is very important. Totally love this stuff. Recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful, finely-milled powder with a satiny finish. It truly is on another tier compared to other loose powders. While it is more expensive, at around 88AUD, the package itself is quite large, containing what seems to be an inexhaustible amount of product.

Chanel's Poudre Universelle Libre is an extremely effective mattifier and I only need a touch of it, once in the morning, and once or twice in the afternoon/evening. I love the big powder puff, and the smooth, airbrushed finish it gives my complexion.

I soon learnt how important it is to not use too much of this product - I gave it four stars because I always tend to get too much powder on the applicator that they provide, so I have to blot it on my hand, which leads to wastage. I also dislike carrying it in my bag, because as it tilts to the side, a considerable amount of powder spills out.

The packaging is classically gorgeous. As with almost all Chanel makeup products, the powder itself carries a subtle clean scent, undetectable upon application. When used in small amounts, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Overall, this is a lovely product that I'm thinking of buying again. Much recommended.