Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

This was a total disaster for me. I have redness on cheeks, nose and chin. This made my skin feel itchy and somewhat painful. It didn't blend in well at all. And even worse, when I applied my foundation over it it just wouldn't adhere, so my face ended up looking like a green/beige-ish mess with pink patches. I will definitely not be buying this again and I wouldn't recommend it either. Not great for sensitive skin like mine.

on 12/10/2014 4:42:00 PM

I don't have rosacea, I just have rosy cheeks. This was not worth the 30$. It didn't stay on when I applied it with my Clinique foundation. It just doesn't stick onto your face

on 11/13/2014 12:53:00 PM

I have rosacea so my skin is red most of the time. I bought this thinking it would be cooling or remove my redness before I applied my foundation. It did the opposite! The red dots on my skin were more noticeable and appeared over my foundation throughout the day. The base is green and very thick so I didn't really blend into my skin very well. I generally like clinique products but this is one I will never buy again.

on 4/15/2014 5:53:00 AM

I go in and out of using this. The colour correcting is not great. For a protective base for red prone skin I think it really should have a higher SPF than 15. In saying that, it is slightly calming on the skin and I use it most winter as my SPF. It's oil free and not the best for moisturising so keep that in mind when putting foundation over it. Oil based foundations don't work with it and it will decrease your makeup wear time (oil and water don't mix!). Works fine under water or silicone based foundations.

on 12/26/2013 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like this product! I'm pink (nw20) and it just sort of evens skin tone. I apply powder over it, and I feel like I'm set to go.

on 10/8/2013 12:10:00 AM

Covers my acne scars but when you add foundation it makes the foundation go dry and patchy also my foundation won't stick to my face after applying thus primer.
Love the idea of it and it does cover redness but Clinique need to work on the formula to make it not as dry and thick and ever so slightly oily

on 9/11/2013 7:52:00 PM

Didnt like it. Make my face oily, powder or foindation dont stay put on this and it made my face a weird pinkish shade.

on 9/8/2013 2:15:00 PM

I got suckered into buying about 5 clinique products from the redness line when I was shopping the other day. The lady told me that this could be used as a moisturizer for my dry sensitive red skin. clearly she just wanted the commission because when i got home to use it i realized its not a moisturizer but a base. regardless the base is very thick and feels almost like the consistency of a face mask. I didnt notice much difference in my redness and it made my skin dry and itchy. I returned it and won't be purchasing again

on 9/2/2013 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Of all the redness solution products by Clinique, this is the only one I truly feel is a unnecessary. Yes, this base helps even out red and dark areas as claimed; however, isn't that the case with anything tinted you strategically place over red skin for counter-acting this problem?

For me, this doesn't work as a base under foundation - its too thick and heavy for that. This certainly doesn't work as a silky base for pre makeup application, no way! I can only use it during times when foundation is unnecessary, such as running errands or when daytime company is over for a casual event/look wherein getting all dolled up is not on the agenda. I will use my tube up on my off, no foundation days and then make it a distant memory. And while it does make for a good enough red reducer and sunscreen for these non makeup/casual days, the price for certain doesn't warrant a return purchase! I mean, this stuff runs only a couple bucks less than the red reducer foundation - geez!

I don't recommend this product nor will I re-purchase. This purchase was pretty much sauteed in let down sauce all around...

I received it as a part of Redness Solution sample kit and first didn't took the product seriously first as my mind rosacea got back to normal but recently I decided to try it as a primer and applied it only on my T-zone. The effect of it wowed me away: the rather large pores on my nose + nose area almost disappeared! However I still don't really like it on my whole face as it seems to clog the pores a bit and make me sweat a little....But gonna definitely purchase the whole tube to use as a primer.

Popular Primer/ Correctors