September 3, 2014 | 1488 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I go in and out of using this. The colour correcting is not great. For a protective base for red prone skin I think it really should have a higher SPF than 15. In saying that, it is slightly calming on the skin and I use it most winter as my SPF. It's oil free and not the best for moisturising so keep that in mind when putting foundation over it. Oil based foundations don't work with it and it will decrease your makeup wear time (oil and water don't mix!). Works fine under water or silicone based foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product! I'm pink (nw20) and it just sort of evens skin tone. I apply powder over it, and I feel like I'm set to go.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Cherie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Covers my acne scars but when you add foundation it makes the foundation go dry and patchy also my foundation won't stick to my face after applying thus primer.
Love the idea of it and it does cover redness but Clinique need to work on the formula to make it not as dry and thick and ever so slightly oily

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

Didnt like it. Make my face oily, powder or foindation dont stay put on this and it made my face a weird pinkish shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by cstrutt

I got suckered into buying about 5 clinique products from the redness line when I was shopping the other day. The lady told me that this could be used as a moisturizer for my dry sensitive red skin. clearly she just wanted the commission because when i got home to use it i realized its not a moisturizer but a base. regardless the base is very thick and feels almost like the consistency of a face mask. I didnt notice much difference in my redness and it made my skin dry and itchy. I returned it and won't be purchasing again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Of all the redness solution products by Clinique, this is the only one I truly feel is a unnecessary. Yes, this base helps even out red and dark areas as claimed; however, isn't that the case with anything tinted you strategically place over red skin for counter-acting this problem?

For me, this doesn't work as a base under foundation - its too thick and heavy for that. This certainly doesn't work as a silky base for pre makeup application, no way! I can only use it during times when foundation is unnecessary, such as running errands or when daytime company is over for a casual event/look wherein getting all dolled up is not on the agenda. I will use my tube up on my off, no foundation days and then make it a distant memory. And while it does make for a good enough red reducer and sunscreen for these non makeup/casual days, the price for certain doesn't warrant a return purchase! I mean, this stuff runs only a couple bucks less than the red reducer foundation - geez!

I don't recommend this product nor will I re-purchase. This purchase was pretty much sauteed in let down sauce all around...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by CoralElectra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received it as a part of Redness Solution sample kit and first didn't took the product seriously first as my mind rosacea got back to normal but recently I decided to try it as a primer and applied it only on my T-zone. The effect of it wowed me away: the rather large pores on my nose + nose area almost disappeared! However I still don't really like it on my whole face as it seems to clog the pores a bit and make me sweat a little....But gonna definitely purchase the whole tube to use as a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have sensitive, blemish-prone skin with red marks and hyperpigmentation. I don't like wearing a lot of base makeup (foundation, bb cream, tinted moisturiser), because I prefer my skin to breathe and do its own thing - it makes my skin look better in the long run. At the same time I've never really got on well with wearing sunscreen on my face but I do need it in Summer!

This product is excellent for all of my skin requirements - its green tinted, so evens out my skin tone and corrects redness and just makes me look more polished without needing foundation. It has spf 15 which is great - and it hasn't broken me out despite having spf, which is really great.

Like all Clinique's packaging, it's very chic-looking in a lovely slim pale green tube. It costs £16 for 40ml, which is expensive. However it lasts 2 years after opening, and I only need a small amount to cover my whole face. I only need spf in Summer where I live, so I will only be purchasing one a year at most. It moisturises, protects against the elements, gives spf, and corrects skin tone - a great multi-functional product and one I will repurchase. Would love to find a cheaper alternative, but I haven't seen any drugstore equivalent so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by pandaslow

Kind of a meh product ; think it irritated my sensitive skin and did nothing to reduce the inflammation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by covac82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so sad that this one did not work for me, I have rosacea and thought this would be a good primer but It broke me out...3 time in the same spot, now I have an ugly scar next to my face. At the beginning I thought it was something else but as soon as I stopped using this my face came back to normal.