April 17, 2014 | 1703 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by xogingerox

HG makeup remover. Please note, I have fairly normal-combo skin with no acne problems. I have also had one friend with oily acne-prone skin report these same things listed below after I converted her into a happy baby-oil-as-makeup-remover fan. I use waterproof mascara and this, this WERKS! Its well-priced, can be found anywhere and makes my face feel oh-so soft, even softer than when I use my DHC cleansing oil and moisturizer. I cannot emphasize how amazing my skin feels after using baby oil, you just have to take my word for it and try it. What I do is squirt it twice on a cotton ball or round and then gently rub it around my face to take off all my makeup, then I use the aforementioned DHC cleansing oil to clean it off and then apply moisturizer (Lancome Absolue Premium Bx in the winter, Spectro-gel in the spring) and my face is in heaven. I am not exaggerating. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't hurt my wallet, and its such a huge bottle I'll probably only run out in like 20 years. I'm never buying another makeup remover ever again. Please please PLEASE try!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Littlewing89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The unscented type is nice because then you can add your own fragrances to it. I add coconut essence ( from the baking aisle at the grocery store) to it, and voila its an entire bottle of coconut lovely scented oil that moisturizes straight after a shower. Its nice because while your skin is still damp, the oil just makes your skin hydrated in a snap. A good oil for fast ( aka lazy) moisturizing. I usually don't want to spend time rubbing in a thick cream, even though that's good for my dry skin. So I put this on and it does the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLouise5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this yesterday as it was half price in Tesco and I was in much need of a new body moisturiser. I got my boyfriend to put it on for my after my shower and I couldnt believe how soft it made my skin, its now the next day and my skin still feels smooth and soft. It comes in a clear bottle so you can see the amount you've used and it had a child-proof lid in case of an accident, for the price of 3.75 it was the best money i ever spent. I would recommend anyone with dry skin to use this product straight after showering for amazing, soft skin.

Love,
Emma x

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by littlebitopretty

Unfortunately, my skin can't handle the fragrance in this. I patch tested it on my face in a few places and didn't notice any breakouts, but did see some redness. Nevertheless, I decided to do a mineral oil massage using baby oil because it's all I had on hand. I figured that my skin might be bothered by the fragrance, so I planned on an oatmeal mask after (oatmeal has always been so good to my skin!). It made my skin way too red during the massage and it was kind of burning. It left my skin feeling softer than ever though and my pores felt super clean, and my oatmeal mask got rid of the redness (I left it on for 40 minutes though), but I'd rather not deal with any irritation. I went out and bought some fragrance-free wood oil and just used it. No irritation and skin that's super duper soft!

So yeah, just play it safe and stick with pure mineral oil if you're sensitive to fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by anjalisharma

My favorite eye makeup remover. Nothing is as gentle, as cheap, as effective as this. It does not irritate my eyes (for now) and even extra virgin olive oil was too harsh. I want to try coconut oil, but for now, and for the last 5-6 years, nothing else works as well. I tried The Body Shop camomile eye makeup remover, and it didn't get all the product off but it feels cool and nice. So what I do now, simply because I have a bottle of it, is use baby oil first for my eye makeup, then use Body Shop's makeup remover on top of it to get the remaining product out and also for the coolness the camomile provides. You know the saying why fix it if it's not broken? Well, for me, this baby (oil) is a staple that works perfectly and is available everywhere AND is cost effective. I don't need to look anywhere else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by AshleyPozniak96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best product I've ever used to remove eye makeup. It is so gentle and it doesn't irritate my eyes. It does a great job at removing my waterproof mascara which can be a serious pain to get off. This product is super cheap and is available anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by ultraVIOLETnikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't even imagine how many times I've purchased this over the years. I've been using it to remove eye makeup since high school, and it's still the best. I've used products formulated to remove eye makeup, from cheap drugstore stuff to high end brands, and none of them work as well, or are as gentle, as this. I put a little on a tissue, hold it over my eye for a second or two, and everything wipes off, even the most long lasting eyeliner and mascara! Many eye makeup removers also sting my eyes, but not this. A huge bottle is dirt cheap, easy to find everywhere, and can be used for other things (I've used it as an all over makeup remover in a pinch, as a body moisturizer, and as a massage oil) It does leave a residue but I always wash my face after removing my makeup anyways. As far as my whole face, I do prefer cleansing oils that emulsify and rinse clean, but for eye makeup remover, this is and always will be my number one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very versatile as a body oil (for adults or babies), temporary tattoo remover, m/u remover, lubricant, tetc. Inexpensive and easy to procure. It's been around for decades. Can be comedogenic - so be careful.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by 1m083n

This may work for others, but after trying it, it firstly did not moisturise my skin at all, it just left a film and made my skin underneath look tired and unhappy. Yes, i applied it immediately after the shower.
It also, which i know is impossible because mineral oil scores a 0 on the comedogenic list (i have some issues with that list, just want to call that scientists are WRONG), but i tried this really fairly for a week and had bad breakouts. My friend who used this for 3 months now has cystic acne...just a word of warning, because it may "seal" in moisture, but use lanolin or something.
This hasn't gone to complete waste, in my fury at all wax strip companys where they never give you enough oil sheets to remove the excess sticky horrible wax from your body - baby oil comes to the rescue and removes it perfectly! So, money not wasted and something i'm sure will last me now a decade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I use it on my legs/body after I shower, and it keeps me from turning into a peeling mass of skin in the winter! :) Really works well in locking moisture into your skin, moreso than any other lotions. Coconut oil doesn't even compare, and I used that for months before this (sorry coconut fans). I am not into the scent, but I can never find an unscented version. Guess I should just buy plain ol' mineral oil in the pharmacy hah~ Get it!