Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Whoa...it really works! Thanks MUA for the great suggestion, because I would have never in a million years used Monistat as a primer...EVER.

What I love so much about this, is the feel of this gel is much like the Palladio primer. That is my favorite one, but you don't get a lot of product from the Palladio tube. (Monistat= 1.5 oz and Palladio= .674 oz) And it's half the price! The outcome is the same smooth look and less oily skin. This is such a great alternative use for this product.

on 7/15/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

IT WORKS!!
I first saw the Chafing Relief Powder Gel on Youtube and people raving about it. I have combo/oily skin so I get really oily in my Tzone. I saw this compared to Lancome La Base Pro primer which retails at about $42 vs. Chafing Gel at $6. Don't let the fact that its made my Monistat to throw you off with an Eeww factor. This product is NOT formulated to treat Yeast infections like its more commonly heard of product. Its exactly what it says: Chafing gel that can be used underarms, bikini area, inner thighs, under your breasts, wherever you may experience chafing.
It has some of the active ingredients in La Base Pro (I have never tried this. Too expensive for my taste for a primer). It comes in Gel form and has a powdery finish. It kept me oil free for up to 4 hrs, catching three buses in mid July in Las Vegas in VERY humid weather. Normally with my other primers I have to touch up. My commute is a total of 3 hours catching/waiting for buses. It held up BETTER than anything I have ever used. Usually I am an oil slick within an hour (Tzone area in high humidity) even with a mattifying foundation and powder.
So I only had to touch up once in 4 hours about 11am with high humidity during my commute. I have NEVER used anything (Mac Prep+Prime, Smasbox, MUFE primer etc) that did this. I didn't even really NEED to touch up, there was some slight oiliness around my nose. My face didn't feel "sweaty" and it didn't dry my skin out or change the color of my foundation. It just worked. And I will only EVER use this as a primer. $6? Come on!

There is only 1 con: If you use too much it CAN separate. I noticed it the second time I used it, my foundation looked a little blotchy in some areas. I'm not nitpicky on BEAT foundation look, I go for more of a natural finished so I did notice this even with powder on. It wasn't enough to deter me as I didn't see that the first time But I know for certain I applied more the second time. At $6 this is BEYOND AMAZING. I will be buying two more.

on 6/25/2015 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i have never used a primer so i thought i would start with this because of the price. didnt work for me. made my face more oily and didnt help makeup last longer. 😢

on 6/25/2015 6:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because of all the good reviews out there. I actually didn't like it as a face primer as it caused me clogged pores. However I ended up using it under my eyes and I love it. It helps my under eye area stay smooth and soft. I use it every night, and the next day my under eyes are so incredibly soft. It makes concealer stay put all day. Im glad I found a use for this baby!

on 6/16/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Love this as a face primer! This works better than high end primers. My skin is super oily and this keeps my face shine free and helps my makeup last all day long! Super affordable, keeps me matte and it's amazing. Holy grail face primer! Ive been using it for years. Makes my makeup go on smoothly, minimizes my pores and my makeup always looks fresh and my makeup stays on all day. Highly recommend to everyone. It is also affordable and you get a lot of product!

on 6/13/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay so first of all, I used it as a primer with good and bad results. It's an AMAZING product as far as keeping shine away and makeup staying in place. I used it twice, the first day I couldn't really tell because I only wore it for an hour. The second day I wore it for 8 hours through a hot day and let me say, I was absolutely amazed! I kept telling my friend to look at the difference in my makeup. It stayed matte all day for the first time in forever, I'm usually blotting my face every 10 minutes throughout the day because I get super shiny. This saved me! I've told others to check it out and recommended it to my mom. However, the next morning I woke up with major breakouts, I was completely bummed :-( ! So disappointed, although I wasn't in shock as I've read many reviews here that complain about breaking out afterwords, it just sucks I can't use it anymore! If you're not prone to acne or know you don't have a silicone allergy, definitely try it out. If you are acne prone, still give it a chance, everyone's skin is different. All I can say is this stuff works. Back to finding that perfect primer!

on 5/15/2015 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I will preface this with the answer to the question I was most concerned about: does it extend the wear of your makeup (because seriously, if not, why bother?) the answer is: yes. I wore this under my makeup for 12 hours today, which included a mile long walk through heavy rain (don't ask) and by the end of the night, no creasing, barely any shine, and still full coverage. On a different note, I'm typically not a fan of silicone primers. I know they blur lines, but they always seem to oxidize weirdly. This "primer" is no exception to either of those qualities, but the oxidation is minimal and tolerable (and if you aren't ghostly pale, like I am, probably not even noticeable.) overall, I'm impressed. It feels really smooth and is DEFINITELY way better than some drugstore silicone primers I've tried, like nyx and hard candy (which are so greasy and make your makeup slide.) if you like silicone primers, like smashbox or lorac, then this is a no brainer. It's identical in every way to those $30 ones, just without the nice packaging (and hefty price tag.)

on 4/29/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This has to be one of the best primers going. And when I tell friends I ran out of Monistat for my makeup bag the usually die laughing. But the joke is on the ladies who are spending huge $$$ buying special primers when a tube of this is very reasonable and makes any makeup product last forever. Every eye liner, shadow or foundation turns into a longwearing formula and applies like a dream with this underneath it. Best kept secret going.

I am very, very pleased with this. I tried it for the first time today with MoM and I'm going on 5 hours since first application and my make up looks like it did when I first applied it. I have extremely oily/acne prone skin and I am still shine free! I seriously can't believe it. I made an account on here just to come on and rave about it ^_^ I encourage every skeptic to give it a shot! I can still see my pores a little bit, but I expected that as I do have pretty big pores, but it did a very nice job of making them less noticeable. Thank you to whoever figured out this trick haha!

on 3/15/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Awesome Primer!!! A little dab will do ya!

Popular Primer/ Correctors