January 27, 2015 | 1856 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 4:18:00 PM More reviews by lindsaylew11

This is a terrific lengthening mascara. I love using it over other mascaras to define, separate, and lengthen. It stays on well on my upper lashes, but smears pretty badly on my lower. I do have very watery eyes though. If you use this mascara by itself, expect to get great length and definition but very little volume! It's still a good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Danielle312

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been testing out new mascaras for the past month now and purchased this because of the rave reviews. I have not used any lengthening mascaras besides Maybelline Lash Stiletto..and that was at least 4 years ago. That mascara did nothing special for me and so I just kept buying random trusted volumizing mascaras. This one is different though. Anyways....when I pulled the wand from the tube I was in shock and thought to myself,"Oh god, I just wasted my money on this junk!" The wand is a frighteningly thin rubber comb, and not fluffy at all like mascara brushes we are used to. The upside is that it is surprisingly easy to work with. For the lack of bristles, I was expecting it to be covered and gunky with formula, but it was not. When applied, it went on smooth and actually separated all my lashes perfectly. It makes your eyes look gorgeous! It is very buildable if one or two coats are not enough for you. It does not clump up at all. I did not have to comb through it afterward with a lash/brow groomer like I do with most mascaras. I'm not sure if it would be a good mascara for those of you with short lashes... but if you have long lashes like me - YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS!!! It really does lengthen them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara a lot. It is a thick formula, but the comb type brush helps to separate the lashes. This mascara is quite dramatic and I would not recommend it to beginners or anyone who isn't "good" at applying mascara. The brush takes a little bit of getting used to, but it pays off once you have the hang of it! This mascara is good for both volume and length. The color is very black and it doesn't smudge under my eyes. I take this off with coconut oil no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Bareskin24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best mascara lasts me 9 months using it everyday

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by SilvaEgle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG Mascara!! I LOVE. The key: curl the lashes, apply one coat- let dry slightly, add a second coat-let dry slightly, and continue to layer until your lashes look perfect to you. I used this mascara in high school & I still love and use it today! I like how you can apply one coat for a natural look, or layer for intense, dramatic lashes. It is very wet formula when first opened, but with daily use it dries a little making it somewhat easier to apply. Telescopic really does lengthen, deeply darken, and volumize your lashes! Buy it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ladies!!! If you're on the hunt for a good mascara that can go from natural to bold, this is it! It can sometimes get sort of clumpy during the first uses, but I seriously don't mind. For me, this is an absolute must have in my collection and I always need a back up with me!!! Does not flake, does not smudge, perfect! If you want to eliminate the little clumps, just go over with a defining mascara like the covergirl clump crusher or the l'Oréal voluminous million lashes. if length is your priority, try this!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by ACVR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lashes: dark, medium length, no need for curling, longer on the center and outer corners.
I've tried many mascaras; some have been great, others have done nothing, but this mascara did bad things it made my eyelashes look horrible. Bad enough that I threw it away after two uses. The wand is long, thin, and flexible, so a classic wand for lenghting...but it did horrors to my lashes. They got weighed down and clupmy. My eyes watered, which almost never happens with a mascara. My lower lashes were a mess also. A lot of the product got in my water line. I know how to use mascara, so it's not me, it's this product. Literally, the only thing I liked was the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews I'm not sure if I just got a bad tube or what. This stuff is awful. I'm taking it back. It added very little length and was clumping with the first coat. It was very very dry which confuses me with everyone else saying its wet. I wanted it for length but it didn't give me that. I like the voluminous false fiber lashes better but wanted to see if I could find a similar formula that didn't dry out as quickly but this obviously is not it. False fiber lases gives way more length and is not near this dry. Will not try any other in the telescopic line.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

This isn't my HG mascara, even though plenty of YouTubers rave about it, but it definitely is something I grab for frequently. I purchased this mascara at CVS when I got a coupon for $4 off a $12 purchase of L'Oreal mascara. OF COURSE this was $8.99, so I was forced to get another mascara in order to qualify for the $4 off. So I picked this up with the Voluminous Butterfly mascara.

More about this mascara... I like the formula, wet and very black. I like a more wet formula because I think it's easier to manipulate if you need to separate or maneuver your lashes before they dry. I like the brush, but be very careful! I pushed mine in without really paying attention and I almost snapped the brush head off! It's kind of flimsy in that respect (which is why I took off a lipstick). I use this mainly on my lower lashes now just to darken them. I don't like them covered in mascara because I think it looks to twiggy and cartoonish. But it gives me a good look and what I'm looking for. Still not overly sure if I will repurchase, but possibly since it's cheaper than the BareMinerals mascara and I seem to like it better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was just typical to me. Not bad but not good either. I do not notice anything great about the length it built just average.
It smudged onto my lower and upper lids as the day went on.