BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've loved this highlighter for many years, and would consider repurchasing IF Benefit would change their animal testing policies. Unfortunately, they are on the no-no list.

That aside, this product is great. Not too cool or shimmery, easy to work with, and to blend. Packaging is great.

on 8/10/2015 7:40:00 PM

Currently only have deluxe sample of this but will definitely purchase full size. It's beautiful and really gives you that lit from within glow! Super natural but you can tell it's there

on 8/9/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As always with Benefit products, the packaging is pretty, the name is nice and the idea is awesome. Unfortunately, some of Benefit products do not lives up to the hype for me, and this one is one of it. The shine is pretty and perfect for my pale cold toned skin, but it does not sit well on foundation. It makes my foundation moves around and look cakey, and does not look natural either. I think that I prefer powder highlighter as it's more natural and easier to work with. This will not be a repurchase for me.

on 8/9/2015 12:30:00 PM

I love highlighters and illuminating products as I love the glowy/dewy look and won't have my make up any other way. I recently bought MAC strobe cream and High Beam and i was so disappointed with High Beam I returned it.
I'm really pale with yellow undertones and the white/pale pink shade of high beam looked ridiculous on my skin. I tried several ways of applying it and was so disappointed with the results each time:

1. Applying High Beam before foundation meant that the 'glow' created by it was covered by foundation and didn't shine through.
2. Applied after foundation made it disturb my foundation and caused t to cake up and shift about which was a horrible look.
3. I applied it with a beauty blender, brush and my fingers and it always disturbed my foundation.
4. Even if I did manage to use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones after foundation it dried into my skin after a couple of hours, highlighting dry patches and looking horribly fake.

The applicator is also really annoying and causes so much product to be wasted.
The highlighter is very glittery and I guess it would look amazing at night in photos with flashes and artificial light but it looks terrible in natural light. I definitely wouldn't recommend this product.

on 8/9/2015 10:34:00 AM

I put "no" for repurchase but I may again. This bottle lasts you quite a long time, like the "tints" that Benefit sells. It has a beautiful finish on the skin and actually works quite well for people with combination skin (I can get quite oily fast, which speeds up the process when using highlighter). I may repurchase again but I haven't been 'into' highlighting lately.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

IMO overpriced and overhyped.

The liquid formula doesn't apply too well for me, you have to spend ages blending out the lines but often I can still see exactly where the product starts and where it ends. Perhaps it's my poor skills but it often also swipes off the underneath foundation... I also hate getting my fingers messy with this. It's just so much easier to apply a powder illuminator. The wear is quite good though - once you get this on nicely it stays there pretty much all day!

The shade is very nice, doesn't have annoying glitter particles in it, but I think it's too bright and pigmented. It's very easy to put on too much of this/end up looking overdone (at least for my taste). It lasts quite long because of the pigment, but a lot of product will probably go to waste because you can't reach the remainings at the bottom.

With all these downsides considered I wouldn't have found this TOO bad, but (my generally not sensitive) skin got very irritated by this - painful burning & itching sensation every time - obviously quit using this.

on 8/2/2015 10:23:00 AM

This highligher looks amazing on most of the people I've seen wearing it. I love the pearly colour. However, since I have such pale skin, the highlighter doesn't really show up on my skin. I've tried blending this with my fingers and also a beautyblender, and I found that it does look better with the beauty blender. But it just doesn't show up on my skin like it does on other people.

on 8/1/2015 12:10:00 PM

PROs
* It looks so good, gives a beautiful glow just where you want it
* Blends nicely
* Subtle, no glitter
* Long wearing
* A little goes a long way, the bottle will last you years

CONs
* Price $26... um, I heard ELF has a good dupe for $1

on 7/24/2015 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Products like this are just terrible to me.
I do not think they look nice on anyone's skin.
Looks fake even when blended.

on 7/15/2015 11:22:00 AM

Too pale. Looks cheap on the skin (as does the packaging)

Video Reviews & Tutorials