November 27, 2014 | 1551 users online

Hair Color - Colorful - Neutral Protein Filler

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by 618am

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've dyed my bleached hair black, and it always fades into a very patchy brown color. So I decided to try this out, and it worked! I applied it through out my towel dried hair, left it on for the recommended time, then added my black hair dye on top. One thing that bothers me is that it says to wet your hair before applying it, which I don't like because I don't know if I am applying it evenly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite using this product, my hair did not color evenly. I have grown out highlights that were filled & colored but the color didn't totally hold so that part of my hair was a little lighter than the roots, it looked like a subtle ombre. With the color I just put on it, the section the highlights were is lighter than the couple of inches of virgin hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this product after seeing someone use it before a color tutorial on you tube, but I didn't use it that way. On the back of the bottle, it says you can use this as a conditioning protein treatment. My hair is growing out six months of regrowth on long highlighted hair, and my hair was really not taking deposit only color well after years of the lightening. I used Aphogee in the past, but did not want to deal with the smell, so I tried this. It was around $6. I washed my hair, mixed some of the product with water, sprayed allover and left on for about 20 minutes. After I rinsed it out, I followed with a moisturizing conditioner, (just a .99 packet at Sally's near the checkout lane) and rinsed. My hair looked better and felt better. Also, there was no stinky smell to deal with. There was product left over for another treatment, and when I next used a toner on my hair, the color took really well. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Poppea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm not one to review beauty products but I really feel compelled to spread the word about this Neutral Protein Filler because it is truly a HG product. About me, I have typical Latin hair naturally- extremely thick, coarse, curly, and dark brown, almost black, just below the shoulders that I have been bleaching full-on white for over a year now with bleach and Wella T18 toner. All the processing has left my hair substantially damaged and porous and the main problem is/was that I have these random hyper-porous streaks all over my hair that absorb way too much of any purple-toned product I use such as the T18 or any toning shampoo, conditioner, etc. Like way, WAY too much, the rest of my hair will be white and I'll have these icky purple streaks that will not wash out with any product, not even Dawn dish soap. Enter Colorful Neutral Protein Filler, with "bio-active protein," a product that is meant to "equalize hair porosity for even color absorption" by "repairing previously damaged protein bonds." This stuff is MAGIC I tell ya! I tried it the last time I retouched my black regrowth and was amazed by the results. I followed the directions on the bottle-after I shampooed the bleach out I towel dried and applied Protein Filler using a spray bottle, making sure to fully saturate the pesky streaky areas, then let it dry for 20-30 minutes, applied the T18 toner and when I rinsed it out-PERFECTION! My hair was all a uniform white-blonde with not a single lavender streak and was very soft as well. I recommend this product to anyone who double (or more) processes their hair on a regular basis to counteract the porosity. It can also be used as an "active protein reconstructing conditioner" by diluting with 1/3 water which I'm going to try next wash. The bottle says to REFRIGERATE any leftover filler because it contains bio-active proteins and once diluted may spoil. I'm guessing those bio-active guys are what make this product work so well. TRY THIS PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by urbamy

I've never written a review before but this product is such a miracle that I feel compelled to share. I had bleached white blonde hair with about an inch and a half of regrowth and I wanted to go strawberry blonde. I used a few strawberry blonde toners but they washed out very quickly so I decided to go copper. I put aside all my better judgement and colored it with Wella Titian red blonde. Obviously the roots were strawberry blonde and the bleached ends were a mucky mauvey pink. It was hideous. In the wake of a midnight judgement lapse i ran to Safeway to try and color it again. I bought a light auburn shade that turned my roots orangey brown and the ends a murky greenish ash. Not only was my hair the most hideous color ever it was also very brittle and fried. There was major breakage on my crown as well. :( deeeeevastating. I somehow refrained from calling in sick to work and ran to Sally's straight after. I picked up the neutral protein filler, ion color brilliance demi in a light copper shade, and 3 hydrating hair masks. I followed the instructions on the bottle and let it process for 20 mins, then put the color on. When I rinsed it all out I had the most beautiful, even, shiny copper red color. My hair even feels much healthier! It was the happiest moment since my wedding vows. This product is a life saver!!! I will definitely be using it every time I color!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jengun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been silvery/platinum blonde for about 6 months and I wanted to go back to a more natural color while I was growing my hair out. I had about 1/2 inch roots of my natural ash brown and the rest was still platinum. I had heard horror stories of bleached hair grabbing green or grey when trying to cover so thought I'd give this a try and am SO glad I did!!

I followed the directions on the back by applying it to wet hair, leaving for 20 minutes, then applied the color (Medium Red Neutral Blonde/7RN with a 20 volume developer.) My roots and bleached hair all came out evenly toned with the roots a bit darker but over all a really natural looking strawberry blonde which is exactly what I was hoping for!

It also left my hair shiny and silky. I am so glad I found this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyn1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure how to feel about this product. I've used it many times when dying my hair. Mainly when going from a light shade to a darker one to ensure even colorings. I was going to list pros and cons for this, but I can't think of any pros...

I purchased this is because 5 months ago I was a light golden brown with many different level highlights. I was, at the time, attempting to go blonde. But I got sick of how dry my hair was and realized that blonde isn't necessarily right for me. So I went to Sallys to pick up the hair color I wanted (decided to go red). I knew my hair ends wouldn't hold color (they normally turn a very sad pale shade of the color I'm trying to get). these parts that wouldn't hold color were the ones that had overlapped highlighting.

The lady there told me to buy this neutral filler (i opted out of the # 10 red red because it was too pink based for the red I was trying to achieve). Initially I made the mistake of not picking up a spray bottle so I had to add it directly to dye.

Since then, I have done it the way mentioned above, or put into a spray bottle where I will apply to damaged sections to set before coloring.

I've seen no improvement using the filler. Maybe I'm not using it for the right purpose. As in, it's just to be used for porous hair that absorbs too much color? Or maybe I'm not applying it right, despite tons of research. I don't know. I have stopped coloring my hair since stripping it (got a beautiful copper color nearest my natural shade), so I won't be dying it anymore. But if I do, I might just pick this up in case.

It is, after all, only 2.49 @my Sallys...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I didn't know about this lil gem sooner! This is a must if you are coloring (esp coloring your own hair), heat styling, etc. I used this before I colored my hair recently and I believe it helped tremendously. My hair is fine, curly, and very porous. My hair grabs color like crazy. Often my hair ends up way darker than I want even when using a much lighter color. After using this, my hair is only a wee bit darker than I would like (no biggie with demi since it will lighten with a few washes), soft, shiny, and doesn't feel or look damaged. I love this product and I really love the price!!!! Can't beat it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff so much! I use the #3 platinum and I first used it on my mom with fantastic results! It neutralized all her brass and it allowed me to dye her hair a light ash brown. Now to me I used One N Only dye in Natural light blonde instead of ash because I was thinking it's just my roots how bad could it be? Oh no it was so brassy and gold and I'm a natural blonde. So, I used white lady on my roots and it's fantastic. Today I did the #3 protein filler from my neck down to the back of my hair which is to my waist. I added a little to some extra brassy spots on top. After I put the filler in I used Wella Colour Charm Demi in lightest ash blonde or 10NA.

I applied it through and I'm happy to report my hair is even and ashy blonde again. I still have more brass to pull because I want to go platinum. But at least now my hair is in good shape to take the next step.I will always use this to refresh my colour. It makes it so soft and the purple in conjunction with the demi. Was just what I needed to get an even ash blonde. Love this stuff it's easy and it's so cheap at Sally's I get it 20% off with my student discount. Seriously I will be stocking up because it's that good. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by MES

I've been coloring my hair since I was 14, which is nearly 20 years of coloring. I have very fine hair that is naturally a very ashy level 6-7. In 20 years my hair has been everything from ultra light ash blonde, to jet black and even some vibrant unnatural shades. This is a must if you are doing drastic color changes at home. Yes some things are best left to the pros, but this is a miracle product if you are changing your hair color by more than two shades at home. I have used this to successfully take my hair from blonde to brown without turning green. This is also helpful when bleaching/lightening hair to help control porosity. Yes it's a pain to use, and I highly suggest getting a small spray bottle. There are so many more expensive products in much fancier packaging, but the proof is in the pudding.