Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I honestly don't see what all the hype is over this line of Cover Girl mascaras. I have tried several of them and did not like them, and this one will be my last.
The brush is very large and has a flat end, which makes it very difficult to reach corners of the eyes without making a mess. The mascara itself is very thick and clumpy. It made my lashes stick together right away and I ended up with clumps everywhere.
My biggest problem was that after about 4 hours of wear it started to irritate my eyes horribly. I had to remove it at that point.
I normally use L'Oreal or NYX Doll Eye mascara, and in comparison this stuff sucks.

This review is for the waterproof version of this mascara. I have very fine lashes that done hold a curl well. I have always looked for a mascara that adds volume but have found that volume = clumping for me so it's been difficult to find a formula that is able to thicken without clumping and this does that. I curl lashes and then add a coat or two of the waterproof version of this and the curl is held until I remove the mascara. I am able to add multiple coats without clumping. The only cons for me are slight under eye smudging at the end of the day and it's a bit difficult to remove (needs waterproof remover) but other than that this is the best formula I have found for my lashes and will continue to purchase.

I have repurchased this many a time, and it is a mascara i can't live without.

I have very long and thick lashes naturally so I really like a mascara that gives me a more dramatic look. This gives definite length and volume to all my lashes. I much prefer the very black colour as well, there is a plain black and the colour is very muted and unflattering. I have also tried the waterproof version of this and find it extremely difficult to work with (too wet even after leaving, leaves lashes feeling crusty and extremely hard to get off)

I have used this mascara alone but my favourite way of using it is to combine this with the L'oreal Voluminous mascara in carbon black. It really helps to declump this mascara while adding a tonne more volume. This mascara is also best used after some time, when I first purchase this I find the formula to be too wet. I also love the plastic brush, I have kept and cleaned an old one and use it to comb through my lashes after application.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I honestly do not like this it doesn't do anything for my lashes . all it does is sort of separate them but it does not Legnthen curl or add volume .will not purchase again especially not for seven dollars

Great Mascara!!!

I've been looking for a mascara that would darken my blonde lashes but not give me any sort of "dramatic" OMG-look-at-her-big-ole-eyelashes look. Having very pale skin and being very fair, its hard to find a mascara that gives a natural look. This mascara is it. It really just darkens my lashes, and they look soft and natural as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my current go-to mascara. I'm not sure if it's HG yet, but it gets the job done. I like a very dramatic look and I couldn't give less of a thought to whether or not it looks natural. This mascara works well with that in consideration, and it's fairly priced.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this mascara for over 5 years (I want to say more like 7 but who knows) and although I keep trying others (both high and low end...and through out my adult life - I'll be 43 in 4 days), this is the only one that really makes my lashes look AMAZING!!! When the product is new the mascara is quite wet and needs more coats than a partially used tube (I don't personally mind this but this may be where others are having problems). Partially used tubes are the best with this mascara because it thickens up and to achieve the same falsie look it takes only 3 coats. It only takes about 1.5 weeks of 1x/day use for the mascara to thicken up...so that really isn't that long IMO. My lashes are long, blond, and semi-curled (NC30-37, dark ash brown hair) and this mascara gives me a false eyelash look very easily!! People have stopped me on the street, coworkers, friends, family all think this mascara is amazing on me and many can't believe I'm not wearing falsies. It takes about 5 coats when the mascara tube is new & wet to achieve the same look. I would think you could figure out how to dry the tube out a bit before using it if the wet part really bothers you.

I alternate coats between eyes and without waiting to apply additional coats and this works beautifully for me. On me, this mascara doesn't budge or flake unless I rub my eyes which may periodically cause a tiny bit of flaking. One tear drop or drop of rain WILL remove the mascara from where the liquid touches. I don't find that it smears...but just disappears on my finger when I wipe the tear off. I have allergies and wear contacts so I keep a tube in my purse to touch up watering eye issues that I have. This is all worth it for amazing lashes, IMO!!

*Note: If you cry in this mascara you will look pretty scary (dark grey smears covering your eye area and parts of your face--it does wash off with water but the rest of your makeup may be destroyed by this)!! You would at least need to totally remove all of your eye makeup and reapply it, or not. Best Wishes!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I know this is supposed to be the best selling mascara, but I just can't drink the KoolAid.

The brush is rigid,and it allows too much product to clump on it. If it had a curved brush, I might have given it more points.

Formula is mediocre at best. It covers well,but it's thick and wet,and it smudges like crazy. Does wash off easily with soap and water though.

After trying multiple more expensive mascaras promising the same results, I keep coming back to this one. I have thin, short lashes, so one coat gives me a longer/fuller effect but still looks super natural for a perfect day-look. Because this mascara is so buildable, I can add two coats later that day for a more dramatic look. Would highly recommend ;)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I must be the only person in the entire world who hates this mascara. I had such high hopes for it since everyone else loves it and swears by it.

It did absolutely nothing for me. I really tried to like it but it was like I wasn't wearing any mascara at all.

Popular Mascaras