December 18, 2014 | 1220 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Absolue Premium Bx Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by xogingerox

I started using this moisturizer for day time (and sometimes night time) during the winter. Its dry and quite cold where I live so this moisturizer was great at making up for the stripping effects of the weather. It indeed made my skin feel nourished and loved BUT I do not, do not, DO NOT like the packaging. So much I do not like the packaging that I would not even consider repurchasing until they have turned it into an item to be pumped. Once I got down to the last third of the moisturizer I found it incredibly annoying to dig into it and get moisturizer beneath my finger nails. Any potted cream-type product makes me unhappy for this reason. However, I never broke out or found this product to fail me in any other way. Its fragrance free. Now that its warmer, I'm putting this product away as I do think it would be too luxurious for a normal-combo skin type to use during spring and summer. I haven't finished up the product but had been using it for at least 6 months, so I like that this product lasts a good while. I used this after cleansing with DHC cleansing oil and patted it on the driest places on my face first (my cheeks) and then used the remainder to cover the rest of my face. Overall, I like this product, but because of the price and the potted-ness of it, I'd say no to repurchasing. If you have money just lying around and can find a way to deal with the potted nature of this product with no annoyance and require something very rich to deal with dryness then I would recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally got this as a gwp so I decided to use my shopper points and get a big jar of it. It's not really life changing. I don't mind the smell and it doesn't break me out. Most lotions and creams leave my (already shiny) skin shiny and this doesn't do that. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone just because it is way too expensive, but the only thing I find bad about it is the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by doofus7734

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for years and have been very happy. Some of the reviewers are far too young to be using this product. If you are 48 on up and have dry skin, you might try the product. I will admit that I am not crazy about the smell, but I got used to it. I retired recently and tried some cheaper products, but I think that I will have to save up and return to this product. Although I am very dry, the night cream is actually too rich for me. I actually got milia on my upper cheeks from the night version. Consequently, I use the day both day and night.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I received this SPF15 cream as a sample. It comes in an unsanitary jar, has decided fragrance, and denatured alcohol is high on the ingredient list. Definitely not a product I would use on my dry and sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ChampagneHo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this in a GWP and used it one night. The smell was so strong it was distracting for sleep. I put it away and a couple of weeks later I smelled it again and thought no way can I put this on my face, it's too strong. I'm using it as a hand cream and even as a hand cream it's strong. I am typically fine with scented creams and seem to get along ok with most of them.

I am surprised that only a few reviewers mentioned the strong smell. It reminds me of the deodorant scented tampons, peeeuuu! As long as I keep my hands away from my face, I think it will make a nice hand cream.

To spend the big bucks on this, no way. I'm glad it was free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

What a wonderful product!!! I got this in a GWP and didn't try it for quite some time as I thought it is for more mature, dry skin. Then curiosity got better of me and I tried it out.

It is a very thick white cream but is not greasy at all. It gets absorbed so quickly into the skin and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth. A little bit is enough for the entire face. It seemed to give my face a glowy/dewy look (not oily shiny).

I used this under my eyes too and it didn't sting or irritate my eyes. It moisturised the skin there well but its too early to say if it has had any effect on my fine lines.

This cream has a lovely fragrance...in fact I like my skincare products to smell nice. And though I'm combination skin, this cream seems to work for me. The sample size is probably going to last me a couple of months so I need to save up to buy the full sized product when it runs out.

One lippie off coz I wish it came with higher spf...15 is nothing really, should have a minimum of 30.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Valerie84

Recieved this product in the mail as a free gift. It is a very thick white cream. It slides on smooth and easily. It left my face feeling soft and rehyrdrated. I tend to get oily on my T-Zone areas, and this did not make me oily. Also, the best part about this product was that it seems to have acted as a good barrier: I work outside in cold weather and tend to get chapped and wind burned skin. The cream held up in a wind and snow storm. I was still moisturized by the end of the day. It has a really nice scent, too. It is a very rich cream, so I would only recommend a thin even layer. I also have hyperpigmentation which leaves my skin so uneven, but this cream seems to have mildly improved my tone.
PROS: makes skin feel soft, rehydrates skin, gives moisture where moisture is needed, works on oily skin, enhances tone, great barrier, little goes a long way,
CONS: full jar is expensive, not good for people who don't like perfumy scents,

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sucker4makeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was pleasantly stunned by this product. Like many of you, I received it as a GWP and while I normally don't try sample skin creams (my sensitive, acne prone, mildly rosacea skin is picky, picky, picky and gets very angry with me!) I took a leap of faith with this. I was immediately put off by the nice, but strong frangrance. Usually, if I put anything heavily fragranced on my skin, it immediately irritates me and turns me all red and bumpy. This stuff, however, is awesome. It is the only cream that hydrates my skin, evens my skintone, doesn't irritate/break me out, and gives me that glowy, dewy look. I really didn't want to like it, because I already splurge on my La Mer for night use and usually use lower priced creams for day use to save some $$. However...this has been my day cream for over a year. Nothing looks better under my makeup than this, or makes me look as refreshed and awake. When I run out, I notice a definite difference (my boyfriend does too). One thing to mention is I cannot use this around my eyes, since that is where the rosacea is the worst and it stings just a little (which is the same with most regular face creams). Around my eyes, I use the vitamin c eye cream from the Image Skin Care line (which I also LOVE). Will keep using this as long as Lancome makes it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by ArtsyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I happened to stumble upon a sale a little company was having with the Absolue Premium Bx with SPF 15 cream in travel size for only $10. That's .5 oz. The 1.7 ounce is $150 regularly, they had that there for $110, so a bit of a sale. If you buy 3 of the .5 oz for only $10, you're getting 1.5 oz for only $30, which is a darn good deal...

So, the last 6 months I've been trying to find a cream that will help hydrate under my eyes. I've been taking a decongestant a lot over the years, due to the sinus issues I've had. It's finally taking a toll on my skin, especially around my eyes. They look so tired and are very dry. I have tried so many different products. I figured, I'd try this for $10 and if it doesn't work, I only wasted $10. Well after 3 days of use, my eyes are so much better. I went back to the store luckily they still had some left and bought 3 more. They had a cap of how much you could buy and 3 was the lucky number. Otherwise I would have purchased at least 5.

After a week of using this my eyes are hydrated, the little wrinkles around my eyes are no longer visible. My the skin is now firming up. Once all these travel sizes are done, will I buy the expensive 1.7 oz? yes, I will. Because I have tried so many different things and this finally works for me. Granted this isn't the one for your eyes... but I love it because it's working and I do love the fact that it has SPF 15.

A lot of reviews say this is greasy, but I'm not finding that to be the case for me. I feel like it's really light and a little goes a long way. I should also mention I only have been using this at night. I might try using this during the day with make up. So, we'll see how that goes. I'll update in a week and let you know how it works and especially in this heat.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Lmrought

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't have any wrinkles around my eyes but I use this cream nightly to prevent them. I didn't really know what to do with it so I looked on here and that's what a reviewer suggested. This cream is way too oily for my face so I only use around my eyes. It's extremely expensive and my face isn't mature enough to really appreciate it anyway.. But I've had this GWP jar for months and have really been enjoying it. A little goes a long way.