October 25, 2014 | 1065 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

I will start off by saying I am a total coffee and tea addict. I can barely make it through the day with a couple cups of one or both! Unfortunately, this addiction was leaving its mark on my teeth. My first thought were the Crest 3D white strips, as those were by far the most expensive in the drugstore so I figured they must be effective. They did the job ok, but they caused SERIOUS sensitivity in my teeth to the point where I felt like crying every time I drank something above or below room temp. So, as I'm sure many of you have, I turned to my fave YouTube gurus for a solution. A couple of them raved about this product, so I figured why not give it a go since it was a fraction of the price of Crest. Not only did this cause zero sensitivity, but it actually gave me results in the first use. No bad aftertaste either! My fave method of application is by far using homemade mouth trays I made from $1 mouthguards from walmart. Do yourself a favor and buy this already, I will keep buying forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing for tooth whitening! See, I live in Canada, and the alternative we have here is not so great. When I was in America a few weeks ago, I remembered to go searching for this and I'm so glad I did. I really noticed a difference in one use. The tray on the other hand, is useless for me. It didn't feel like it was up against my teeth at all. I really noticed a difference in whitening was when I used the tray that came with my other whitening kit: Natural White 5 Minute. If only I stocked up on the gel as well! I'll have to go get some next time I'm in the states because this stuff is my HG for teeth whitening.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Paulahart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd used Crest Whitestrips in the past which worked okay but left my teeth so sensitive I could only use them every third day. Plus they weren't exactly cheap. I read the reviews for Plus White but I tend to be very cynical when people rave about a product. It usually works well once or twice but eventually runs out of steam. I'm happy to say that this stuff is freaking amazing!

I bought the kit which has the mouth tray, the gel and the after-rinse. It was about $7.97 at Walmart. It is super easy to use and works quickly. The best part is that there is absolutely NO sensitivity. I started seeing a difference after using the product about 3 times (I left the tray in 20 minutes each time) and my teeth look really white now, even better than with the Crest Whitestrips. To maintain the whiteness, I use the product once a week for about 5 minutes.

I would buy this product again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by jocelynlb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is AMAZING!! This product really does make a difference, you can see a huge change of whiteness in a matter of weeks. It is incredibly cheap, cost about $15 for the entire kit, which comes with the gel, mouth tray and pre whitening rinse.
I recommending leave the gel for about 15 minutes, since the whitening starts after 5 minutes. My only complaint is that it is easy to use too much gel in the tray, I recommend putting a few dots in, then spreading it out, or just putting it directly on your teeth. Also, don't use it too soon before or after brushing your teeth or else it could hurt!
Other than that, incredible teeth whitening system that I would recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG HG HG, I cannot sing it's praises enough!

I have tried quite a few different tooth whiteners - Crest white strips, Blanx whitening pen, Pearl Drops, countless whitening toothpastes, I've even had my teeth professionally whitened once - and none, NONE have been as effective as the Plus White. Yes, it was even better than getting them professionally done.

Plus White is simply fantastic. You can easily get it in drugstores, and stores like Walmart and Target... I'm in the UK now and can only find it on ebay - if anyone knows where I can get it here, please let me know!
It's SO cheap, $10.99 for the full kit of a tray, bleach, and a pre-whitening rinse - I think they even do a bleach for sensitive teeth now too! The tray is a "jelly-like" soft plastic which makes it quite comfortable, and will fit nearly all mouths - mine is really small, and the tray is not at all uncomfortable for me. It is also double sided, so you do your top and bottom teeth at the same time which is certainly more efficient. I don't often use the pre-whitening rinse as I found no difference wether I used it or not. The bleach is in a clear gel form from a squeeze tube - it can be difficult to get the right amount in the trays sometimes - often too much comes out and you don't need a whole lot of bleach as when you bite down on the tray, the bleach distributes somewhat. The bleach itself is not particularly pleasant, but it's not horrible either, and I've had no problems with sensitivity, etc., but like I said, I'm pretty sure I've seen that Plus White makes a bleach for sensitive teeth now too. For those worried about the state of your teeth's enamel - I have extremely weak teeth and Plus White hasn't damaged them at all - I have used it consistently on and off for years and my dentists haven't found any problems or warned me off it.

I found with consistent use, the colour of my teeth changed dramatically. My preferred method was to use it every other day whilst I took a shower - just popped it in my mouth beforehand, took a 10-20 minute shower, took it out afterward and brushed my teeth as normal. I'm desperate to get my hands on it again as my teeth are getting a bit more ivory lately.

Bottom line: I can say I love this product 100%. I have re-purchased and will re-purchase time and time again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by zoestryker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I randomly bought this and then after using I saw Leighannsays and KandeeJohnsons review on youtube! I was so excited and it actually works! For all the reviews saying it doesnt work, on the box it does say "Starts WORKING after 5 minutes." SO It doesnt work until 5 minutes, then I leav eit on for 15 minutes. Sfter just one application my teeth are so much whiter. I use this 2x a week and when my shade looks good I stop and use only every week or every other week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Ragdoll87

This product is AMAZING. I've tried a few different whitening products and this takes the cake. This works better than anything I've used before including crest white strips. I bough just the gel for $4, but at walmart to get the whole kit was $7! It was such a deal. I can't believe how well it worked. My teeth were not tell but not white either.... Too many sodas... This got them a really pretty white!! So worth it. Plus a tube will last a LONG time. Pick this product up for sure if you need whitening!' Don't waste your money on ore expensive kits that don't work !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by caitlinrb3

I have off-white teeth with pure white spots on them due to asthma medication I had to take as a child. I actually bought the Plus White kit instead of just the gel, which has a mouth tray and a stain resistant wash as well, but makeupalley doesn't have a page for that. I bought this because my prom is coming up in 2 weeks and I needed a quick way to get rid of the spots on my teeth. Right when I opened it, I noticed the gel had exploded inside the box. It was only a little that had leaked, so I decided not to return it. This product is really convenient to use, as I only leave it on for 20 minutes and then I'm ready to go. It's only been 4 days and the stains on my teeth are almost gone. You're supposed to use this for 2 weeks, but I doubt it will take that long. I'm so pleased with with this I honestly was not expecting it to work so well. The taste of it is just like minty toothpaste, not unpleasant at all. The price was fantastic ($11 for the kit at Walgreens, even cheaper for just the gel). This works just as well as the Crest strips, but are like $45 dollars cheaper. I've also tried the Walgreens brand strips that perform equally, but are slightly more expensive. I'm excited that I'll finally have white teeth for my senior prom!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by fakingittillimakeit

Ive used A TON of whitening products for my stained teeth, I live in Florida, the land of white teeth and sweet tea! I love sweet tea but it stains the heck out of my teeth. This is the 2nd time ive used this product with amazing results. The first time I used it I just purchased the basic tube. It works well, I used it with my own mouthguard. The 2nd time I purchased it 10months later with out whitening between then, is cause I moved and lost it. So I purchased the complete kit. It comes with whitening gel, mouth guard, and an AFTER WHITENING RINSE (that you need to dilute before using) the complete kit with the rinse works so well! I have erased 10 months of staining in just 3 20 minute applications! Here is a list of my pros and cons
CONS
Mouth guard is large and difficult for someone with an over bite
You drool like a rabid dog (obviously)
PROS
BOTH GEL AND RINSE HAVE PLEASANT TASTE
IT WORKS BETTER THAN CREST PRO
IT DOES NOT CAUSE TOOTH SENSITIVITY
SIMPLE
DOES NOT ERODE ENAMEL
EASY TO STORE
DOES NOT BURN MOUTH OR GUMS
CHEAP
EASY TO FIND
MORE THAN ENOUGH PRODUCT FOR THAN 2 TWO WEEK APPLICATIONS AND UP KEEP.
I love this product and will keep purchasing, using and recommending this product. Try it, you will not be disappointed

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this off and on for about 8 years. It works well for me. I use it with bleaching trays though. My suggestions for people who are not having good results: 1 Use some kind of tray and keep a thick layer of gel. 2 Use it long term. Some people take longer to whiten. 3 Very important!.. Watch what you eat for about 48 hrs after last bleaching session. Your teeth will be more prone to staining during.this time because the peroxide has made your enamel more pourus basically. After 48 hrs your teeth will recover its "biofilm" and staining wont be so much of an issue. But you still need to use products to maintain results and try to stay away from staining foods. Also if youre one of the few who has thin enamel to start, then you wont see good results with bleaching. There is hope though! Look into buying a toothpaste called fluoridex or prevident from your dentist. Its rx strength and will help thicken your existing enamel giving you better results and eliminating any sensitivity too! How do I know? Im a dental assistant. :)

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No