Garnier Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream

2.9

on 2/15/2015 4:51:00 PM

There is another product review here similar to the one I am writing about this eye cream. I too experienced horrible allergic reactions to this product under my eyes. Puffy bags, redness and swelling and itching. I looked like I had been crying all night when I used this stuff. I used this product back in 2008 and have never forgotten what it did to my under eye area. I don't even have sensitive skin and am not prone to breakouts, but this was disastrous. I wish I knew what the ingredient was that irritated my skin so much - it would be great if I could keep an eye out (ha) for it in products in the future.

on 12/11/2014 12:51:00 PM

I am right now in the midst of a horrible allergic reaction to this product. I've had this cream for several months. About a month ago, my eyes started tearing on a daily basis. I just figured it was seasonal allergies. Then a few days later, I woke up with immense bags under my eyes and dry, flaky skin on my eyelids. I thought it might be the eye cream, but wasn't positive. I put the jar away and bought something else that I have been using for the past month. Well, regrettably, I forgot about this allergy when I used this cream 2 days ago. I woke up with my eyes "glued" together. When I looked in the mirror, I just about jumped out of my skin. My eyes were unbelievably blood-shot and incredibly swollen. I had bags under my eyes and dry, scaly skin on my eyelids. I look like a monster. There was no denying what caused this -- Garnier eye cream. I have been looking up reviews on this, which I hadn't before, and am astonished that so many people have had the same major complaints and this product would still be available on the market. It's a horrible product that Garnier should be fined for even selling. DO NOT BUY!!!!

on 10/8/2014 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had already bought this when I read all of the bad reviews. I still wanted to try it for myself but I held on to the packaging just in case I didn't like it. I was really surprised that after about 2 weeks (several nights a week) I had the redness and burning others experienced. I don't have sensitive skin but towards the end I would wake up to redness and puffiness around my eyes. It would fade in a couple hours but the skin around my eyes also started to get dry and flaky. I wanted to like this because of the retinol but I had to take it back.

on 8/26/2014 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have only been using this a short while, but I like it so far. No issues with burnng or stinging. I think the reason why people are having issues is because they are using it ON the eyelid and too close to the actual eye/eyelash area. Products containing retinol should never be used directly on the eyelid, because this area is thinner amd hyper sensitive. Also, it will inevitably run into the eye. ONLY use it AROUND the eye area. Google orbital eye area for reference. This is where you should be applying your retinol eye products. Thank you.

on 8/7/2014 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I ginger and things that smell like, though not in an eye cream! That's what this smelt like to me and I think it irritated my eyes. Also it I know it was supposed to be a "lifting eye cream" but I would expect any eye cream to moisturize somewhat, and this didn't cut it. I thought it was expensive for a drugstore eye cream as well.

on 6/12/2014 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I also wish I would have read these reviews. I used it for 2 days---had itchy eyes during the day and woke up with goopy/blurry eyes in the morning. At first I thought I was just suffering from seasonal allergies---then a light bulb went off and I quit using this cream. My eyes are all better.

This is unfortunate. I love their BB Cream!

on 6/3/2014 11:54:00 PM

I am shocked by all of these other reviews. I have been using this eye cream for two years and have never had any problems or negative skin reactions to it. I have repurchased it twice. It is very hydrating and refreshing.

on 7/23/2013 5:14:00 PM

I also had the same awful allergic reaction that many others had to this product. It took several weeks of use to become a problem for me, but then my eyes became red and goopy. The area under my eyes ended up red, swollen, and peeling. I also went through several prescriptions for eye drops and creams before finally being referred to a specialist who identified it as an allergy. I almost threw away all of my eye make-up before finally realizing it was this eye cream that was doing it. I've never had any sensitivity problems with my face before, so thisone took a long time to pinpoint.

I'm not trying to pile on the bad reviews, but it would be really nice to know which ingredient is causing the problem. I have one loreal eye cream that I know works well for me, and I'm afraid to try anything else without being able to check an ingredient label for the problem.

After using this for about 7 weeks I would say this is a decent eye cream. I have not had any horrible reactions like many of the other reviewers had. In fact, I kind of like this cream. I simply pat it on my under eye area as well as my eyelid to moisturize my dry lids. I continued to use this even after reading some of the horrible reviews. I haven't had any problem with it, although it does take a while to soak in.

on 5/16/2013 10:35:00 PM

I don't love it but I don't hate it. It goes on ok but I haven't noticed any improvement in the firmness of my eyes. I won't buy again.