October 1, 2014 | 1607 users online

Polishes - OPI - Midnight in Moscow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by bobbylee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I applied a very light coat of this over 2 coats of Sally Hansen, Flirt. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I posted this review earlier today and after glaring at my nails all day I've come to the conclusion that I really don't like this color polish at all. I thought maybe it would grow on me but it's just not. I should of known I wouldn't like it as I was tempted to take it off with the first coat. (The first coat applied like a muddy gray.) I figured it's only the first coat so I'll give it a shot. Nope, still not impressed. Wish I would have passed on this one...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by tabulous77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know how to make this color truer to how it is in the bottle! Like a lot of you, I was more impressed with this color in the bottle than on my tips. It looks like a deep rich glimmery burgundy, but once you put it on, it has this muddy grey undertone and it takes at least the coats to make it close to what is in the bottle. So today I was applying Tweed by Avon, a deep wine cream burgundy, which is actually very pretty on its own, but I just really wanted some shimmer. So after two thin coats of Tweed, I topped it off with Midnight In Moscow and it's gorgeous! Now it looks like I had expected it to look! Hope this helps some of you out:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a manicure with this color and I think it is stunning. It's a really, really deep burgundy with shimmer if it is in bright light. Totally my kind of color. As usual, OPI's formula is great.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It looks better in the bottle. On my nails it just looks like a dark brown, no shimmer unless you unless you look extremely hard.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Ellie424

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to dark polish. I love the red shimmer (I probably also find it endearing because I took Russian in college). Much shinier with a top coat. Typical quality and longevity for OPI. I think it's a good fall/winter color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by fikins123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes Yes a million times Yes this is my HG nail polish all year round, it is smart sophisticated and IMO the most beautiful colour ever. In the sunlight you can see it light up and sparkle. I have bought this over and over for the past 5 years and I will continue to do so for a long time. I have 6 bottles in my cupboard so that I never run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

This is easily my HG nail polish. It is the only one I've ever purchased twice, and I was so happy to find it today that I almost bought two. The first bottle I got was a gift from my best friend who is now deceased, so it was very special to me. It started to get a little gummy so I stopped using it. I thought it was discontinued because I never saw it at Ulta. I was so excited to find it again. The trick to this shade is that you MUST use at least two coats. It "comes alive" with the second coat. This is my absolute fave!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by spicymulberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this colour. I picked it for the name, admittedly, but it's one of my go-to staples. On me, with very fair skin with olive undertones, it comes out as a deep chocolate brown with burgundy shimmer to it in sunlight. Indoors, it's a rich, shimmery russet that tends to a sort of merlot red. Really beautiful, really elegant, even on my short nails, and it appeals to my recovering goth tendencies. All-around winner.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not really what I expected. In the bottle it looked like a gorgeous dark red/burgundy colour. I thought the perfect fall colour.
But the real colour is only visible in all it's glory in bright light, a big problem when you live in a country with 300 rainy days a year. So basicly people always think I wear black nail polish. I can see the depth of the colour and how gorgeous it is (because I'm obsessed) but nobody else can see it.
I also have a lot of dark colours and they all tend to look the same with the gray weather we have so my friends think I always wear the same polish.
I use nail envy as a base, 2 coats of polish and essie good to go as a top coat, like that the polish lasts 3 days untill I see tip wear.
The problem I have with OPI bottles is once you'r half way it's more difficult to get the polish out.
Overal I find it a pretty good lasting polish but I wish the variations of the colour would be more noticeable.