October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just and OK shampoo. I do like that it's sulfate free, because it does leave my hair feeling much less stripped than shampoo with SLES/SLS, and much softer and shinier. It can tend to make me greasy, unfortunately, and I don't get any more volume with it. It doesn't lather much but enough to do the job. I actually like the scent. It's sweet and fruity. Still, I won't be repurchasing. My hair is too oily and I need something stronger

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Maggiedrinan

This shampoo saved my face. Yes, face :) I used to have bumps and whiteheads on my hairline and it would not budge. Every time a pimple dries, another one would pop up after I took a shower. I was kinda desperate. I researched and found that it maybe my shampoo is the culprit, because of the sulphates or something, and this is the only free-SLS shampoo I could find (bought it at sephora in singapore, I live in indonesia btw) and right after one use, there is no new pimple in sight :) I havent found any other SLS-free shampoo yet so I would keep buying this

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by svsv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Only reason I'm giving this shampoo such a low rating is because of its smell. It's a really strong plastic-y scent that stays in my hair all day. Otherwise works well, doesn't really give me volume but then again I have never tried a shampoo that would have.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Roseblush82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to find this truly sulfate-free shampoo, since I have terrible sulfate allergies. Unfortunately, it is a terrible product. The scent smells like stale dollar store candy. Also, it didn't cut any oil or clean my hair. I would dry my hair post shower and it would be just as oily as when I stepped in the shower. I really hope they refine this product because I need all the sulfate-free options I can get.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by JamieKnowsBest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the oily roots Dry frizzy ends hair. Its kinda fine with some wave to it. If your looking for something to smooth and soften the hair I wouldn't use this cuz it doesn't really do that! But the smell is AMAZINGGG and it left my hair so shiny and fluffy and it felt great! I don't know why so many people didn't get no volume, because i got lots of it with this shampoo! I will buy this again, its alot better than yes to carrots which i have bought and gave away!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like burts bees stuff and this was a gift. it smells pretty like a semi fruity scent that isnt strong. My gripes with this stuff is that its semi watery, doesnt lather very well, and really doesnt boost volume that well. However it smells nice and cleans,my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by kelsiemeaden

I normally love everything Burt's Bees. Which is why I bought this product in the first place. Also because it said volumizing, and I have very flat hair.
The smell was so good when I was washing my hair last night, but today at work I started to notice a smell of rotten fruit. I looked in my desk drawers for some, and found none. Eventually I discovered it was my hair. I don't know if I didn't rinse well enough or what, but gross.
Also it didn't volumize my hair at all. I used Arbonne conditioner and put Got 2b oil in my hair after my shower, and the ends are still pretty dry.
I probably won't be using this product again, the rotten fruit smell is enough to scare me away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by brynnmarie

this stuff is great! it smells good, it lathers well, leaves my hair clean, flake free, and is natural! i don't use conditioner though (of any sort), cause it tends to leave my hair greasy. this shampoo leaves my hair shiny (friz-free), and de-tangled - no need to blow dry!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by moggi

This review is for the new "improved" formula. I do not think it is an improvement. The old formula really did add volume, whereas the new version leaves my hair dry and dull and flat. I wish they had not changed it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by mandyadr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not pleased at all with this shampoo and to be honest I was so disappointed because I really thought this shampoo was good as there are so many great reviews. I've been having problems with my hair since I moved abroad, the scalp becomes oily, the ends are really dry and worst of all my hair falls out horribly. I used to have bouncy, thick hair and now it just looks plain sad.
I tried using the shampoo I normally use back at home but it made no difference. Then I tried using a local Japanese brand, same result. Then I found out that those products contain SLS and decided to switch to organic brands instead and Burt's Bees Very Volumizing shampoo was my first choice. How disappointed I was after the first time I used it. It made my hair fall out even more, didn't help with the scalp problems too, in fact in made the ends of my hair drier than ever. But I gave it a chance and continued using it for the next two weeks and guess what, it only became worse. I needed to use three handfuls of conditioner just so I could comb the hair afterwards. :(