April 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect powder foundation. Great for people with dry skin. I haven't noticed my dry patches. Leaves a flawless finish. If you apply a small amount over liquid foundation it gives a beautiful finish. Package is nice with an application sponge. Nice black compact for easy travel. Hold up in summer heat. It is costly at about 29 dollars. But it's better then spending money on cheap dupes that suck. It last long. I get a ton of compliments. Even from my husband who never compliment me at all. Lol :-) we are pass that stage :-) lol

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by CosmoJunkie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

only compact I have ever went back to. I tried shopping around to see if I was missing out on anything else. to my avail nothing compares to this compact. I am acne prone and this compact works amazing for covering up. if my face gets oily I use the Mac pressed powder to remove shine. I also moisturize before use works best when face is moisturized

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I always hear bad things about MAC makeup and honestly believe it at times especially since this makeup brand seems to specialize in highly pigmented products. With that being said, this powder offers the most coverage for my acne prone skin. I have a lot of red marks that layers of other foundations do cover, however no liquid foundation is necessary for me when using this product. When I use this foundation/powder, my skin doesn't feel weighed down by products at the end of the day. I have pretty oily skin so I don't really moisturize and I just apply this with a dry sponge or powder puff on top of my bare skin followed by my Peter Thomas Roth powder sunscreen. I don't have any issues with it looking cakey like other users complain about. I've tried many different powders always trying to find something healthier with this type of coverage. Bare minerals, lancome dual finish, make up forever powders, lorac baked pore perfection , bourjois healthy mix, and many others. BUT I keep coming back to studio fix. I think I've been purchasing this product for over 10 years along side other brands. This stuff has great coverage and doesn't break me out. It's a great foundation/powder for on the go when you don't have time to apply perfect foundation and concealer, etc. I use this mostly on a daily basis just because it's so fast and easy and offers all the coverage I need.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

ive had this for months now and still looks brand new!!!

PROS:
- gives my skin a nice glow
-makes my skin look flawless
- lasts forever in the pan
- really nice packeging
- great colour range
-perfect to set your foundation or wear alone

CONS:
-ive heard it can break people out which scares me
-very expensive

I most likely will buy it again when i use it up (which i cant see happening any time soon )

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't use this everyday because it isn't HG for me, but it's good for when I'm in a hurry, and when it's hot outside. First, even though I have been color matched at a MAC counter, I still had trouble finding my right shade. The SA said I was NW25, but any foundation or powder I've tried in that range is too orange and too dark for me. I tried NW20, which was too light and powdery. So, I then went to N4, which is a good shade for winter for me, and I'm getting ready to switch to N5 since I usually pick up a little sun in the warmer months. Also, I never NEVER use the sponge because it just cakes on the product. I apply it using a Bare Minerals Precision Face Brush (big fat angled kabuki). I mist the brush lightly with water, than swirl the brush on the product, then apply in a swirling motion. I have large pores and lots of texture to my skin, so this method doesn't just hit the high spots -- it covers the highs and lows and makes my skin appear more even toned and textured. I will get oily in about four hours, so I usually brush on either baby powder (my HG face powder) or MAC blot powder around my nose and on my forehead and chin. I'm a long-time user of Bare Minerals (original), which I love when I want a more luminous finish. MAC SFPPF gives me a completely matte texture, which I like in the warmer months. I'll always use this, it just won't always be my first choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

I've never found any foundation that made me happy until this one, my HG foudation!!!!!
It's perfect for work, perfec for that make up that you almost have no time to do.
A daylight make up that can be used for a party too because it is THAT good.
It very simple to apply.
It's not heavy and let you face with a very natural look. (If you put too much and you're not used to wear powder foundation, it can get heavy and cakey)
I use it when i don't need to cover up too much but at the same time i need to be with that perfect skin.
When i need some heavy cover i use Studio fix foundation and after taht this one, just as a poder, with a very light brush, otherwise it can look really cakey.
It's flawless.
You also have to be careful when choosing the color, because the color range is very large, so it is easy to choose a wrong color for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by bunniluv88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation is my go to foundation when I am really busy and don't have the time to apply liquid foundation.I spray some MAC fix+ on my face and then, I apply with a powder brush,and I am good to go. My shade is NW20 or N5

Would I buy this product again? Yes, I would

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Teen84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a HEAVY!! makeup!.. You can feel it all the day in your face like a mask! It has a full matte coverage but i can just recomend it for a night heavy makeup because it does not look natural at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by starstruck82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I loved this powder because it provided high coverage, had a matte finish, matched my skin (C40) and was so easy to use. I used this everyday for a year for those quick mornings, used it on its own, over concealer, even over foundation and kept it in my bag for touchups. But I soon fell out of love with it, cause I realized it had a really cakey, overly powderly look to it. It also oxidized on my face and turned much darker after a few hours. I personally prefer a more dewy than matte look these days which is why I gave this up. I prefer MSF Natural in medium dark over this. You can read my comparison between the 2 here:

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jennyB33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to love this, and recommend it to anyone.
It still is an ok product, cheap, comes in like a million shades and is easy to apply.

But.

I can now see on womens faces if they use this. Most of the time it is a bit too yellow (and this goes for women of all skin colours) and not a little cakey. Liquid foundation isn't everyones cup of tea, but for powder foundation there are certainly better choices than this.

I am now wondering what took me so long. I was stuck with this, not even bothering to see what else was out there. So happy I can finally give this a rest and move on.