December 22, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers - Guava Splash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I am impressed... I am usually not a huge fan of cover girl, only because I feel like i grew out of this brand when I turned 15... but this product was a hit! I got two flavors- one of which was the guava splash. I ended up using it the night I got it, and have been using it every day since. Let me explain... I am not a lipstick kinda gal. I dont ever wear lipstick, lipstain- none of that. I can be all done up- beautiful makeup, and all... with chapstick on my lips, and sometimes even just a little gloss. I got this product because I am always on the hunt for fruity lip balms that dont show up in gross colors on your lips. This product not only smells great, my husband would agree that it also doesnt taste half bad also ;-) which is always a plus. My favorite thing about these glosses? They have just the SLIGHTEST tint of color... just enough color so people like me who never wear color, like the way it looks because it isnt as flashy as a lipstick or stain would be. This gloss was the PERFECT compliment to my dark plum smokey eye. Any lady who is looking for a gloss that has just a slight amount of color, perfect for those casual days and also perfect for giving you a nude or slightly frosty shade to your lips- while the rest of your makeup is on center stage. This gloss was very reasonably priced and is also easy to find as I saw it at Target and Wal-Mart before I actually bought it at Ulta. The tube isnt anything special- very basic like most other lip glosses. There was a few people who said they hated the consistency of this gloss and said it made their lips too sticky. I didnt find this to be the case at all... it wasnt thick and sticky like the last gloss I got (which was from victorias secret). I loved this... I would recommend it to any woman- because there is a flavor and shade to suit every woman (it comes in like 50 different shades/flavors- not even kidding). Way to go, cover girl!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kennaem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was SO excited to get this because it was the most popular and a really pretty color. I am so disappointed in this though. I put it on as soon as I got to my car the smell honestly made me gag. It smells so artificial. And the texture is way too "lube-y" so slippery! I honestly hate this gloss and totally regret purchasing it. I do not recommend it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by erinbearen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorites in the Fruit Spritzers line. Sometimes the color can be a little too baby pink but it is great for over lip sticks. It doesn't last forever but it is not sticky at all. I would rather have to reapply than have my hair get caught in my lip gloss. Probably had over ten tubes over the years.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by BonjurCutie

When you look at it it's a frosty pink and it smells just like watermelon. I've drank guava juice before and I thought it taste like watermelon juice so I wasn't surprised that it smelled like watermelon. The color when I first applied it is no where close to frosty pink its clear on my lips so I was upset. I don't use it anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the flavor I wanted to try since it was most popular and guava sounds charming. I don't think the tube was filled up all the way when I got it, which was a pity. You can see the spots without product since it is practically a liquid in a tube. It also kind of of can squeeze out, but it's not bad at all. Normal in fact. The color and the product can get seperated, but a good tube massage fixes. I like liquid glosses (sometimes) and all, but this was very watery. Great for people who are big about it, maybe not so much for me. The product doesn't last long at all, and when I rub my lips it spreads everywhere until there is none on my lips and all on my face. A bit too slippery for me. The color is okay, it looks fantastic in summer when my skin is a nice tan color, but in the winter when it's well...paler, it can make me look washed out. The smell I have a bone to pick with though. This doesn't really smell like guava, try watermelon. If I would have wanted watermelon, I would have gotten it. Guava was some of the reason I got it in the first place! But it smells like a candy watermelon, which I suppose isn't bad. The packaging isn't superduper pretty or anything. It's still nice, although slightly cheap looking. It was $6 at Kmart, and $5 at Walmart. If you enjoy slick lipglosses I'd imagine you'd like it. I however won't repurchase and probably won't even finish the tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smell/flavor: definitely an artificial candy WATERMELON, not guava. This coming from a guava fan! Still, not bad if you like that sort of thing.

Consistency: smooth, not sticky. Definitely a pleasure to put on your lips, but overdoing it can definitely make it bleed, particularly in warmer weather.

Color: pigment? What pigment? The original dab I put on looks like a nice, frosty pink, but it goes on and sheers out a LOT. This can be both good and bad - I don't normally look good in light lip colors and my lips are very pigmented, but for anyone looking for pigment, keep moving. I would haved liked to try for the hell of it. HOWEVER, it is VERY glossy [which is lovely] and has a goorrggeouuuss frosty shimmer with TONS of microglitter that I could stare at all day.

Formulation: what on earth is in this? The tube says 'made in US with foreign ingredients' and nothing else. I imagine there is a ton of mineral oil in this, particularly with all the reviews mentioning greasiness and separation. And maybe I'm the only one, but putting this on makes my lips very uncomfortably tingly. I do not like tingly. At all. It makes me feel as though I'm putting poison on my skin. And I'm not sensitive either! Just a word of caution to more sensitive gals than I.

Overall, wouldn't buy again. Fun random generic lipgloss, but nothing unique. I do LOVE the shimmer, so maybe I would try another color, but there is nothing special about the color, smell, or consistency. Particularly since there is nothing actually 'guava' about this at all *sigh of disappointment*

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by xoxomakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Smells sweet. No colour, no lasting power. All in all, this gloss is pretty average.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

The texture for this is excellent: smooth, lightly creamy, and lives up to the name "wetslicks." It had a fantastic smell and and nice, glossy look. It lasts for quite awhile (about four hours for me - and that's with drinking w/o a straw, and washing my face). I made a deduction based on lack of color. Color did not apply as shown, not even close. It also made me look a little "washed out." Too pale in color. I've had issues with other CG glosses not living up to their ad colors as well. Otherwise, this is an excellent lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

I quite like this one. Even though the lasting power is very less and color is none, the gloss itself is perfect, not too shiny, but enough. Plus the smell and taste is amazing. Love these. Might repurchase. :) [I like the Maybelline shine sensation ones better though]
Check out my review on other lip glosses and let me know if this review was helpful or now.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by joyous258

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

It smells sweet and I like the subtle-with-just-enough-shine color:) But it should be used in moderation because it can get a little sticky! Also I would advise this color to people with lighter skin!