September 23, 2014 | 927 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by KellyFitzhugh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm bummed that so many people don't like this since they've changed the formula. I just started using it so i don't know anything about the original formula, but i love this!! i wear NARS sheer glow foundation most days and i always wear high spf underneath it since i'm pale and live in LA. before, i was using neutrogena dry touch sunscreen spf 100+ but my makeup really didn't sit well on top of it, like by halfway through the day it would have that look like its just sitting on top of my skin and it would rub right off if i touched it, which i totally blame the sunscreen for, because i'm not particularly oily and i love my foundation, but yea i have no idea why they call that sunscreen dry touch because it is not at all haha, it is SLIPPERY. so i was like ok thats what i get for trying to wear a non-matte foundation over sunscreen, so i started looking for a primer with a higher spf and i am so so happy mac makes this product!! my makeup looks beautiful all day over this and really seems locked on, i love it!! it isn't mattifying, it has kind of a tacky texture, which is maybe why it works so well under makeup but just a heads up, i dont know if it really helps with shine when its on its own, but i do notice less oil-slick type shine on my nose as the day goes on with my foundation, so i do think it helps keep oil and shine in check when paired with foundation.
My only complaints would be that the tube seems like it will be hard to get the last of the product out when it gets down to the dregs, and it is pricey for the amount you get, like when i opened the box and saw the size of the tube i was like did she give me the sample size? you only get an ounce (30 mL) for 30+ dollars, but honestly it has been a really good product for me, and i am just so stoked that i can get a really well-performing primer with such high spf!! i would say if you haven't found any sunscreen your foundation is compatible with, this is really worth it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer , its perfect for the summer time , i used this primer all last summer and my face DIDN'T get Tanned ( due to the high SPF ) my face just got alittle more radiant .
if your gonna use this primer in the summer please get a sunscreen lotion to match your body as well , lol my body looked sun-kissed while my face was still yellow and light .

The pros about this product is , its the perfect primer for the summer , its light weight so you don't notice its on your face , makes your foundation go on smooth and even , and protects your face you also don't need to moisturize when using this primer ( UNLESS you are dry skin then you should moisturize of course ) it glides on like a lotion/primer in one . it does what it says .

The cons about this product is , it doesn't really stop your under eye concealer from creasing ( i have bad under eye creasing though and i'm oily combination normal skin ).
When i use this product now i use another different primer for under my eye area on top of the " MAC prep + prime SPF 50 primer " , The cost is a bit much its basically 30 dollars and it comes in this small tube , you will probably need a 2nd one after the first month of using it ( if using it daily ) . i don't really feel like you get your money worth they should make the tube a little bigger for 30 dollars .
However this is one of my favorite primers in the summer i usually put this all over my face and then use another primer just under my eye so that my concealer lasts longer and doesn't crease and continue on with my foundation routine and it last all day , i do get a little duey when using this primer but not a lot which is good .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I didn't know they've changed the formula but, this primer is ok. My foundation evens out better with this primer, my face appears slightly smooth and it does make my pores appear slightly smaller but by noon (about 5hours) It gets really shiny especially in my t-zone and my makeup starts to fade. But on the whole, this works better for me as compared to silicone primers. Not exactly the best, but good enough. Im still on a lookout for a good non-silicone primer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by mel33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

WHY DID THEY CHANGE THE FORMULA?!?!?!
This was my holy grail primer. It had spf 50 AND it left my skin with the perfect matte canvas to put foundation over. I used it for about 2 years but now they changed the formula and I need to find a new primer/spf (hence the 3 lippies...I couldn't give it low rating because if we're talking about the old formula I would have given it 5 lippies, so I averaged it over between the 2 formulas lol)

*IF ANYONE ELSE WHO USED THE OLD FORMULA FINDS A PRODUCT THAT THEY THINK IS A GOOD REPLACEMENT PLEASE PLEASEEEE MESSAGE ME! I've tried over 10 similar products and so far nothing compares :'-(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Pealion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this primer!

Not that I primarily use it as a primer really, but itís my go-to SPF for daily use. I genuinely hate most of the facial SPF products that Iíve tried over the years Ė they make my skin feel tight, tacky, sticky, or look super shiny, they make me look a funny colour/ill (Iím very pale anyway!)Ö and if they donít do any of those things, then they tend not to get on well with my moisturiser and Ďbobbleí.

Not so for this primer Ė it goes on nicely, it doesnít give me that white cast, and being a primer designed to be a bit matte, it doesnít make me shiny and sticky either. Although I normally avoid mattifying products (dry skin!), but this primer gives my skin more of a satin finish, rather than a full on super-matte finish, so in that respect it is perfect.

I live in the UK, so donít get that much of a chance to expose my skin to direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time, but Iíve worn this outdoors at festivals and not burnt or even seen my freckles get darker, which is a good sign that the SPF is doing what it should. This product also gets a ĎBestí rating on Paulaís Choice and they sing the products of its SPF qualities, which is reassuring.

This is a fairly expensive product for daily use, but you know what? I donít mind paying out for something that I love to use, and I love to use this primer. Sure Iíd like more for my money (the bottle is quite small) but at least it comes in a tube that you can cut open to get every little bit out.

Speaking of the packaging, it comes in the usual sleek black MAC packaging style, which I love. Also the cap of the bottle is flat enough that this SPF will stand up on the lid, meaning itís easier to squeeze the product out when itís running low.

This product has, and will remain, a frequent re-purchase for me. Iíd recommend it to anyone looking for a high SPF facial product that doesnít feel like you are wearing an SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Awele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent Oil control for me even on sunny days.

I'm on my second pack. I can't live without it now.

Buy this product if you have oily T-zone.

It did not make me breakout or anything even though I often sleep off with make up on...

Its pricey but it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lizpolito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to like this product because I have very oily skin and it made my face matte all day and I only had to blot once a day vs 8-9 times a day. Too bad they changed the formulation. Now it feels gooey on my face and does not control oil at all! MAC should bring the old formultaion back! I'm still searching for a mattifying primer smh..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by lwjw

OH MY GOD. Why did mac change the formula. why. This was holy grail for the past 4 years and I knew there was something different about it this time round, I actually thought my bottle was expired so I went to the Mac counter and learnt of this new change..which imo, is a huge mistake. Man, I could throw a big tantrum over this. It doesn't control oil at all. Doesn't make my foundation sit well. Basically, it did nothing. It doesn't even dry well after I put it on. Used to keep the oils at bay for five hours, now it makes my face look oilier than it ever did. Not to mention, it smells funny and reminds me of this ointment I used in my childhood. Because I don't want to waste it I'll probably use this as sunscreen on my neck. Sucks I have to hunt for another holy grail again...if anyone has any good suggestions please let me know :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ildahysa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best things to ever go on my face. But actually, it makes my makeup last all day, keeps me matte all day, and has spf!! I've veen using it for 3 years at least and if they ever discontinue it I might give up on life....ok not really but it'll be hard to match this amazing primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has great oil-control! I noticed a big difference at the end of the day when I used this. My nose and forehead was less shiny. The packaging is horrible, its impossible to get the last product out. I did notice that my foundation did not apply as smooth and flawless with this compared to my other primers so I would not repurchase. I really recommend it for girls with superoily skin, its worth it!