October 24, 2014 | 1677 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Boots - Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this based on PC review as a Best Eye Makeup Remover option. I read that it would be great for waterproof eye makeup. However, this didn't even remove all of my eye makeup -- even the non-waterproof kind. I find this to be extremely average and not the best at all. My HG eye makeup remover is Neutrogena Oil Free and it has never failed me ever. I will never stray from it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by mayelyhood

Will not be repurchasing due to the fact that this does not take of my WATERPROOF eye makeup which makes my eyelashes strip off. If I didn't use waterproof, this might be more like able. But definitely not in my case.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I swear by this product for removing eye makeup. So inexpensive and lasts well too. It definitely does leave an oily film on the eyelids so you will need to go in after you've taken your eye make up off to remove the oily residue.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Sk8ter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

The old formula(metal cap)
Pros:It removed waterproof products from my eyes effectively. It didnt sting my eyes and eyelids at all. It was the only eye makeup remover i used and swear by. So worth the price
Cons: leaves oily film on you eyelids. However i didnt mind because I double cleaned and it's gone.
The new formula (white plastic cap)
Pros: The cap is twisted easier. Price is still cheap.
Cons: It did a bad job on removing some waterproof stuff. It is bit thicker . It hurt when it got in to my eyes.

I so want the old one back, or else I'll start to look for new eye make up remover

My method of application
Pour it in the cotton pad, then place the pad on my eyes for at least 30s,apply slight pressure on the pad with my finger and the makeup dissolve without hash scrubbing( of course happen just from the old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by QOH

I have repurchased this item more than 10 times.
I love that it's mild and non-irritating enough to use on my sensitive skin in any season.
Also very CHEAP. It's always on 1 get 1free sale at Boots.

I will repurchase this item forever. Really.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very basic and good product which works just as good as the more expensive bi phase makeup removers. It is oily but I dont care because it removes even the most stubborn makeup for reasonable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this eye makeup remover. It leaves my eye area clean and hydrated. It even removes my waterproof mascara. It's not overly expensive and it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by completelynumby

Okay, so not a fan of this Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover.

It does the job removing under-eye makeup, but its formula is very greasy.

It is not "soothing" at all. Any of this product gets in your eye, it will sting - and I mean REALLY sting. An uncomfortable grease is left in the eyes, blurring vision for a bit.

2 STARS. Not buying again. Seriously not worth the pain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have only used this a few times but I was impressed from the outset. It is a reformulation and re-packaging of the Botanics gentle eye makeup remover which I never tried so I can't compare. All I can say is how pleased I am with this product.

It is excellent value, the packaging is lovely and, most importantly, it is very effective at removing eye makeup without dragging, stinging, drying or leaving an annoying film over your vision! It is partly oil based, partly water based with plant extracts claiming to contain natural AHAs. I can't comment on the AHAs, the concentration of them in the eyemakeup remover or their effect but it is a very reliable eyemakeup remover and suitable for my sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never tried the old formula, but the new "All Bright Eye Soothing Eye Makeup Remover" is great, though it did not appear so immediately. Boots' whole Botanics line has revamped its packaging and looks a lot sleeker and expensive. That is just as well, since without the new image I had great doubts about this confusing blend of oil and water (and bubbles?) that I'm seeing through the bottle. But at this price point I was happy to take a gamble, and it paid off. It is effective at taking e/s and mascara off with just one swipe, and you don't even need to let it sit on the lids. No stings. This turned out much, much better than my last drugstore venture, the Simple eye makeup remover. My only complaint is that the bottle opening is too large for precision control and I tend to get either too much or too little product.