Earth Science Eye Makeup Remover

3.8

Water, decyl polyglucose, disodium cocamphodiacetate, glycerin (vegetable), green tea extract, chamomile extract, bilberry extract, eyebright extract, fennel extract, butylene glycol, tocopherol, betaglucan, cellulose gum, hyaluronic acid, phenoxyethanol, allantoin, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, ascorbic acid

About time I review, I am about to repurchase for the third time. I love how gentle this is and it does the job for me nicely. I don't wear a ton of eye mu and not always daily either. My first comment is that this doesn't go very far, the bottle is quite small. I want to try and find it in a larger size. Other than that, it never irritates in any way (sting/burn) and does not dry out my delicate eye skin. It is a gel texture and not a liquid like most eye mu removers. I use simply by applying the product to my fingertips and gently "swirling" and trying to work it in my lashes. I add small amounts of water here and there and then rinse off completely.

on 11/28/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is a good eye makeup remover for sensitive eyes, but it's also not very effective. Even when I tried rubbing it over my eyes and then washing it off (instead of putting it on a cotton ball and rubbing it over my eyes), it still left a lot of make-up that only came off when I used a cleanser. I found that the most effective way to use it was to rub it on your eyes, and then wipe it off with tissue paper or a cotton ball (not washing it off), which can tug at the skin. It's a good price, but I still would not buy again.

on 7/27/2014 2:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is a really good Vegan product. No animal ingredients, no animal testing. It contains chamomile and green tea, so it's great for the skin around your eyes. I find that it takes off even waterproof makeup. I have sensitive skin and eyes and this the best eye mu remover I've used. I highly recommend it.

on 5/19/2014 9:13:00 PM

I wanted to like this product since it is fragrance-free, and like others found it stung my eyes after using the cotton ball swipe method of cleaning. However, the instructions do say to rinse with warm water so after trying that, (keeping eyes tightly shut the whole time), I found I could avoid the eye irritation & it did remove makeup well, but I ended up with red, inflamed bumps on my skin I both times I tried this, the last time much worse than the first. This was the only new product I tried those days.

I suspect I had contact dermatitis due to the preservative blend: sodium hydroxymethylglycinate and phenoxyethanol.

on 8/30/2013 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this in a pinch at my local health food store. It has a gel texture, which I find a little unpleasant, but it works well. I spread it around the outside of a cotton ball and need to use at least 2 cotton balls to get my eye makeup completely removed, including waterproof mascara. It requires a fair amount of wiping as opposed to liquid eye makeup removers that almost seem to dissolve the makeup. It isn't drying or irritating to the eye area, except for occasional irritation caused by the wiping. I would buy it again in a pinch but would like to find a liquid formula that requires less wiping. It seems very gentle on the skin, removes my makeup thoroughly, and rinses nicely without drying.

This is VERY GOOD! I have to admit I was surprised that it works so well at removing makeup since it's from a natural skincare company. This literally gets most of your eye makeup off with one swipe! This beats some high end m/u removers I have tried and is definitely more affordable. It's a liquid-gel so it has a cooling sensation on your skin and when you rub it in your hands it thickens. I find this to be great because you can use this to remove your face makeup and the slight foaming action breaks the makeup down immediately... plus there's no oily residue afterwards. At first my eyes burned a little but I adjusted to it and it's fine. This is great find! I'm glad I tried this on a whim.

on 4/12/2013 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is now, my favorite eye make up remover! I've never used a gel remover before and when I saw that this was a gel, I was skeptical, but I find that I really enjoy it! It is super gentle, I felt no irritation or stinging. It is efficient and effective too! I only use a little and it quickly removes all my make up, even when I've gone crazy with the eyeliner and mascara that day! So yay! I'm becoming a fan of Earth Science products!

Really great makeup remover!! I have been using an oil cleanser to get off all my makeup and even though it does dissolve makeup quite well I didn't like how it got in my eyes and made my contacts foggy etc.
This is so much better because the gel texture is not sticky or oily and does not bother my eyes or contacts at all. It also got off all my eye makeup with a few swipes. I would like to try this to remove face makeup but I haven't yet.

on 12/18/2012 4:20:00 PM

I don't get the low reviews on this one. It's a gel cleanser that's crazily effective as an oil cleanser or creamy milky cleanser --but doesnt leave any residual. Rinses squeaky clean without tightness and nary a speck of makeup. No need for "double cleansing"! the secret? The powerful, yet naturally-derived "star ingredient" of Decyl Glucoside.

The removal process is why i think people are rating this lower-- You have to do it THIS WAY: Emulsify gel all over wet face, massage, and you'll see your foundation, eye makeup, liquid liner, even mascara and oil-based lipstick break down into dirty brown rivulets (ewww). Rinse off, and that's it! Even my false lashes and lash glue come off with this product. No residual, no weird feeling of having to follow up with another cleanser.

IF you are using this the "old fashioned way" i.e. cotton ball, swiping product all over face, etc" then you will not see the product breakdown. This is the worst way to use this product! You MUST use it like a traditional face cleanser - wet face, massage, and rinse. Remember - NO cotton balls!

I have always used milky/creamy/oil-based cleansers to breakdown makeup, followed by a foaming cleanser to emulsify and "double clean". there is no need for that extra step with this Earth Science product. I'm duly impressed.

ingredients: Water (Aqua), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopherol, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract (Bilberry), Euphrasia Officinalis (Eyebright) Extract (Eyebright), Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract (Fennel), Cameillia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Cameilia Oleifera (Green Tea)Extract (Green Tea), Saccharomyces Cerevisia Cell Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Phenoxyethanol

on 7/1/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wear very, very heavy makeup as a part of my job and have been on a mission to find a natural makeup remover for a while now. I had high hopes for this since I use other products from the Earth Science line and love them, but it just wasn't effective enough for my needs. I was always left with leftover liner and mascara even after letting the cotton pad or cotton ball soaked with it hang out on my eyes for a bit. I had to rub more than I care to do in my eye area to try to get everything off, and even then I was always left with some makeup on. The product also irritated my eyes a bit. If you wear light makeup this might work nicely for you but it was not for me. Back to Pond's for now.