November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I tried a sample size once and my face became irritated and red. I then put a few drops of When Hope is not enough serum on and went to bed. I thought I would never buy this product due to the irritation. In the morning, however, my skin was radiant and a breakout I had on my chin was much improved. So... I thought this product did my skin some good. I went off and bought a try me kit with this, Purity made simple, Hope in a Jar night and Hope in a jar day.

For the first two weeks this system worked really well. Then I started to notice breakouts where I never breakout, bumps, lumps, redness and severe dehydration. I believe this particular product makes my skin very dry and then very oily- my skin produces more oil when use this. Probably to compensate. This either did not help my skin at all and the improvement was down to the serum or it helped my skin only to later make it dehydrated, flaky, dull, bumpy and hurt. I actually poured about half of the bottle down the skin because I don't want to be tempted to use this again. I am that disheartened.

Please be ware that Philosophy products seem to work for a few weeks and then... BAM! I got the horrible reactions. Overrated, dehydrating and harsh. Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by LoveJasonA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love, Love, Love this product. I use it just about everyday it is that gentle. It is also very effective in exfoliation even though to me, it is a very gentle exfoliating wash. I use this every morning to prep my skin for moisturizer and makeup. I have only purchased in 16oz size (not sure if they have a smaller or bigger size) and it last a long time. A little really does go a long way with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by dftns107

I used this once and hated it! I felt like i was washing my face with glass shards. I will never use this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kellyjo7727

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this after purity made simple. Buy the big duo from qvc best place to get products. My skin is happy happy happy n me too. I stopped using my ckairsonic use purity with a washcloth then this cleanser. Wish I would've have never invested in that brush. It did nothing the washcloth n purity are much more effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by CopyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with the few negative reviews on here. Did nothing to clear my skin (in fact, I feel a residue that's almost oily), and now I have this giant bottle that's more than half full and occupying valuable real estate on the corner of my tub. But considering the cost (not a cheap product) I'm hesitant to pitch it. If you try this out first time, get a small bottle, if possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! I had heard so many raves about this product and after using I for several months I can see why. My dull skin has never been brighter and smootther. Yes, it's a bit expensive but you get what you pay for and it last forever! I use 3x a week at night, however that might change once the weather gets cooler.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For an exfoliating product, I don't think it does much of it. The little grainy bits are so tiny it doesn't do all that much with one wash. Maybe if this product was used everyday it could make the face smooth and flake free. But all that would do is dry it out too much and make it worse over time.

Texture: Gel/Cream with little bits in it.

Scent: Not bothersome. Standard. i don't think this would bother someone that's sensitive to fragrance.

Finish: I feel like this takes makeup off better than the Purity cleanser but this left my face feeling tight, which I hate.

Effects: Still flakey and my foundation shows dry patches. But at the same time, oily too. Just doesn't cut it for what it says it does. Perhaps, too gentle. Not worth the money.

Yet another Philosophy product that I'm going to give away. Wasted so much money on this company. Not worth the Hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does a pretty good job making my face smooth. Don't use it everyday because it can only remove so much dead skin from your face. I recommend using it twice a week. It smells really good. Downsides? Sometimes it can get in your mouth and it has an incredibly salty taste. So steer clear of your mouth area when rubbing in on your face. The product also clogs up the cap. I have to unscrew the cap off everytime I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ke1125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this exfoliator every morning as my daily exfoliator for the last 7 months and I love it!! It is gentle enough on my skin to where I am able to use it daily without my skin over-drying. I use it with my clarisonic mia2 and my skin is left feeling soft, radiant, and clean! I have never had any bumps, dry patches, or anything while using it. I have oily skin and in the past I would use harsh exfoliators like those apricot scrubs and they are way too harsh and leave my skin feeling terrible. It does a good job of removing excess oil but it doesn't leave my skin too dry. Philosophy has done a great job of making an exfoliator you can use everyday that gets the job done and is still gentle. I highly recommend this exfoliator! It is most definitely my HG exfoliator! I will never use another exfoliator as long as this one is around.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yikes, my mom bought this and gave me about a weeks worth to try, first day woke up with a white head on my chin, third day worke up with a wite head on my forehead and cheek.

this was the thing that i changes in my skin care, also nothing at all has ever broke me out EVER until now, not sure what they put in it....
my sister said the same think she can not use this brand.....