September 17, 2014 | 756 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by 14coopera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I have ever used! Doesn't give your face that boring, matte dullness or oily, but it highlights and looks so natural and beautiful. Plus, this is the only foundation that I can wear every single day without breaking out. I've been using this for a month and a half or so, and it has helped make my skin look fantastic every single day. Thank you Lauren Mercier for creating such a wonderful product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by whenuwakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color I bought: Rich Vanilla.
I think I am between NC35~NC40, with strong yellow undertone, red areas all over face, large pores, acne-prone.

It blends very well upon first application. Can build coverage quite easily.
Oil controlling ability is pretty good but HD powder from makeup forever keeps my face oil free slightly better.

Without primer, powder sinks into my large pores on nose. Blotting then applying more powder makes the problem worse and my makeup becomes blotchy because the gunk in the pores don't redistribute very easily ;p, unlike other more moisturizing foundations.

Otherwise, it's a great weightless foundation that provides great coverage and some spf.

EDIT:
It breaks me out a little, speeds up whitehead production like nothing else, and seems to accentuate blemishes and fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by nathalierae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not one to splurge on makeup products, but I'm glad I spent $38 on this the other day. I absolutely love it! I'm very much a bb/cc/tinted moisturizer kind of girl, but I've been trying to find a decent mineral foundation for sensitive skin--one that didn't contain a bunch of unnecessary ingredients. In addition to being very sensitive, my skin can get somewhat oily in the T-zone with mild acne from time to time, and the rest of my face is normal to dry depending on the season. Without a primer, this lasts about 5-6 hours without looking shiny on me. It doesn't cake up and has excellent coverage. I have yet to try it with a primer, but I can only assume that it will look flawless all day. I'm in college & I commute for quite a ways in the mornings, so I don't like spending a vast amount of my time applying makeup. A little concealer, topped off with this and my skin looks great! The shade "real sand" works very well with my half white and half latino complexion. The packaging is also very practical--it has a plastic swivel lid inside to close the sifter. I wish every loose powder could be packaged this way.

EDIT: The review I did of this was a bit premature, since I had only worn it once at the time. I used this on and off for about 3 weeks but ended up returning it. For $38, I expected it to have much more staying power. It would get patchy near the areas where I applied concealer after only a few hours. After about 4 hours of wearing it, my skin would become oilier than usual--as opposed to other mineral products which minimized oil. I only consider my skin more on the oily side during the summer, but even so, every face makeup product I've tried in the past couple of years never actually increased my oil production. Not only that, but it made my skin kind of itchy in areas where I got oily (this probably contributed to some of the patchiness, though I don't think it should be getting itchy at all). I always feel like I'm applying too much product with very little pay off too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It is a good mineral foundation but it didn't wow me like the high reviews I read all over the internet. I am a medium skin tone and matched to Rich Vanilla. The match was good and the coverage was nice but I found it to be too shimmery for my oily skin. I prefer LM oil free tinted moisturizer instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this powder was pretty nice. theres sooo much product and itll last forever. the only thing that killed it for me was the shimmer. i cant do it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've only tried a couple of mineral powders but I think I might have to give up. I like the fact that this didn't irritate my sensitive skin, but that's about it.

BareMinerals was super-drying and heavy on me, and broke me out. SilkNaturals looked really cakey and felt itchy. I figured I'd try LM's version to try and achieve that nice sheer-matte finish with just a little bit of coverage for my trouble spots and redness. The good news: it didn't dry me out at all and I was able to find a color match right off the bat -- the lightest one was a little too dark for me in winter, but it's perfect for summertime.

The bad news: it "gave" me pores. My skin is not even close to oily and my pores are, thankfully, pretty small. However, with this stuff, my pores were more emphasized than if I were wearing no makeup at all. I tried it without moisturizer underneath and it was better, but still pretty pore-y. I've attempted every technique and brush type known to man and I just can't get it to smooth out. If there's a learning curve to MMU, I've either missed it by a mile or my skin type is just not compliant with mmu formulations.

I guess I could use it with a primer, but that kind of defeats the purpose of an easy, light, one-step process. So this powder has been demoted to my concealer-setting powder in summertime.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by lillyalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I reviewed this after the 2nd day i wore it and gave it 5 lippies, as I thought it was outstanding. After 2 weeks my skin has broken out and I am now noticing this powder accents pores. I never have even noticed pores on my face before i used this foundation.....This powder really accentuates them!

Im so disappointed as it does give a beautiful finish except for the pore enhancing, and its also a tad too pearly shimmer. (even used with primers)

I have used estee lauder double wear powder for years and its been my holy grail, dont know why i though i was ever going to find better, i will be going back to my estee lauder tomorrow.

If your skin can handle this product, then im sure its a beautiful product for some people. My skin is not overly sensitive, and I couldnt handle this a day longer...would not
recommend unless your skin handles anything you slap on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Songbird222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my daily foundation. It does not oxidize and turn orange; the color is a perfect match for my skin; it has fantastic buildable coverage; and looks completely natural. It's not cakey, and a little bit goes a long way. It's expensive, but it lasts so long it's totally worth it. Non-comedogenic and safe for acne prone skin. I love this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Uletbulu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this product. It's a bit pricey but I do believe that high-end foundation is unlikely to oxidize, which was one of my biggest problem with other drugstore foundation. And really, this product doesn't oxidize. It's easy to apply with kabuki brush. If I want more coverage, I apply it more. But the max coverage it can do didn't give me medium to full coverage. I still can see my acne scars, they are just not red like when I didn't wear this product. I usually use this over my moustouriser. It shines at my face because I hear this product contain crushed pearl. It is not matte. But I think it makes my face glowing and look younger. Even though after few hours my face still get oily and I have to blot it. And this product doesn't make me break out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I've now come to the conclusion that Laura Mercier face products and myself are just not meant to be. They just never work for me and this mineral powder regrettably, was not an exception. I bought this mineral powder cause my favourite youtuber, Estée from essiebutton raves about this powder and we like a lot of the same face products so I thought I'd give this a go. I bought it for $42+ tax at Sephora in Canada in the shade Soft Porcelain. The shade selection for fair skinned girls has to be the best thing about this powder. I rarely find foundations that are light enough for my porcelain skin in the winter and this one matches it perfectly. First off, the packaging sucks. I cannot believe that for $42, Laura Mercer didn't put this powder in a smoked glass jar, but instead put it in smoked plastic. If Revlon can turn profit putting their products in plastic jars, so can Laura Mercier- no excuses. The next thing which doesn't work about this powder is application. As with every face product I test, I try applying it and using it in every way known to mankind as I did with this one as well. Water based primer, silicone based primer, no primer, 4 different moisturizers, kabuki brush, stippling brush, beauty blender, paddle brush, round kabuki, flat kabuki, angled kabuki, I could just not get this stuff to not apply super patchy with the first few times resulted in me using way more product than was necessary. Now when it is on my face for the first hour in the areas it did apply evenly to, the powder looks beautiful. It provides me with medium coverage, gives me skin the most gorgeous radiance finish- it looks completely airbrushed and my dry, dead, flaking skin looks healthy for once! But literally an hour later, it is mostly gone and the little that remains of the powder has settled in to my smile lines and girl, I'm only 17, this should not be happening to a baby faced, wrinkle- free teen. I tried the powder on my mom just to add a bit more coverage to her liquid foundation and it settled in to all the lines on her face within a matter of minutes. Yikes.... I wouldn't say that this powder has no redeeming qualities because the porcelain shades and the finish of this powder are completely flawless but I could not for the life of me, get it to apply evenly or last. This powder seems to have clearly worked for quite a few people so don't lose complete faith in it after reading this review but it didn't work for me and I will be going back to Sephora for a refund.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No