Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

To be honest, this product is good. It gave a flawless luminous finish to my make up. I have colleagues asking me what I have done to my skin as I look so glowy and perfect!

However, that glow is not my thing. Personally, I find it too shiny. So I am not sure if it controls sebum or not as it looks shiny all day...it did give me some breakouts though. and it can get a little cakey when touching up..

Avoid flash photography as this definitely can give you white cast.

Nevertheless, Ladies who love such glow should give this a try!

on 7/23/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I remember using this a few years ago and I really enjoyed it! However, i think I got a color that was a tad darker so it wasn't a perfect match. However, it felt nice and light on my skin, looked natural (if you blend and buff it in really well) and stayed put for a good amount of time!

on 7/22/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I haven't used a tinted powder in probably 20 years, I have dry skin, and don't like a lot of coverage so I have always opted for translucent. The shade Real Sand is nice for light to medium skintones with yellow undertones. It it probably too dark for fair and very fair tones. It's very finely milled and undetectable on skin. The finish is natural, not matte or dewy, that being said this probably would be better for dry or combo skin as it does not control oil or reduce shine. I really like that the sifter is closeable, this is such a great feature. Even when closed a powder turning over can be quite messy and wasteful. Wear pretty well under normal conditions, expect 6-8 hours. Like most other cosmetics does not seem to do well in very hot or humid weather. Runs about $40USD.

on 7/7/2015 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first high end foundation back in the day and then I went on and tried so many other foundations even though I loved this one. After years of looking for the perfect foundation I came back to this. And I still love it. It gives you a very natural finish which I love. It's not completely matte but little dewy so you won't look cakey. As far as with oil control..... With my crazy oily skin this lasts probably 4-6 hours depending on what I'm doing. I don't expect any foundation to stay on my skin for long anyways. Coverage wise it's good enough to even out your skin tone but don't expect to cover blemishes or acne scars. Concealer is your friend! Anyways I recommend this foundation for people who want natural finish. ;)

This powder is awesome. It gives nice coverage without being cakey, blurs my skin imperfections and gives it a polished look. Really love how finely milled it is and the smooth texture. The only con is that, on examining the amount in the container, you don't get very much. Since its so lightweight, I tend to use more, and I can see myself going through this quickly.

on 5/19/2015 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is divine.

I have it in both the loose and the compact version and I love them both equally.

I usually like to apply either the loose or the compact on top of my MAC face and body foundation and it gives a very natural finish. Such a good combination!

I have this in natural beige, and I'm NC30.

on 5/19/2015 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried Laura Mercier for a change from Bare Minerals. On the plus side you do get more powder for the same price, but apart from that I prefer BM as their powder seems finer (LM can look patchy) and BM seems more "glowy". The key to these products is getting the right colour match which only comes with trying them on in person. I have a super oily t-zone so both products cater to a natural (not too matte) look for people like me. If you have olive skin get a yellow "honey" based colour.

on 4/28/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My skin is horrendously dry, therefore I'm generally petrified of powders. I had heard that the Laura Mercier was a "dewy" powder and that it was very glowy after a few hours of wear. Once I heard this I decided to see if it was true for me and my dry skin, because if it didn't cling to dry patches and prolonged the wear of foundation then it would be a win! I find that the shade I have Real Sand (NC25 in Mac) is a great match for me, very yellow based so love that. Now, I have only used this over Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser, and have heard that it only goes well under specific liquid foundations. For me, I haven't used it with my other foundation so can't comment, but it goes on so smooth and lovely with the Nars TM underneath. It is true that this powder does not look cakey, or powdery in the traditional sense of the word. It isn't matte on first application, its more of a satin finish. Then after a couple hours wear your faces natural oils come through (now my face doesn't produce alot of oil so I'm happy when I can see that I'm a little shiny haha) and helps to give a very luminous look to my dry face.

Now I can understand how people with oily skin might think when they hear that, but I'm not talking from the point of few of someone with oily skin, so dry gals out there this is review is probably more up your alley. So after a couple hours of wear I notice that the natural oils will be coming through from my skin, but not breaking down the foundation and removing it. More like mixing and combining to make a luminous glow (this might sound gross but its true, I can't see any traditional patchy breakdown). It does extend the wear of my tinted moisturiser, which is a bonus, but I wouldn't say it extends it by that much. I didn't really get it for this purpose anyway, I'm not a big believer in trying everything that going to prolong foundation (primers, heavy foundations, powders, setting sprays) because I'm happy with the nature of makeup; its there to enhance, but eventually it will fade throughout the day and thats fine haha.

Now I am a packaging girl, I love packaging and the aesthetics of packaging design (Hourglass, Ellis Faas and Georgio Armani for me are brands with amazing packaging). I really don't like Laura Merciers packaging. The plastic to me feels so cheap, the colour is just nothing, I just don't know why I just don't like the packaging! But as with Benefit, it really doesn't matter when the product is so good. I'll overlook the crappy packaging haha.

I am actually seriously considering picking up the Pressed Powder version of the Loose Mineral Powder for my bag for touch ups, and I'm wondering if it will hold up against the loos version. All in all, such a great powder for dry skin gals.

I find this foundation to be very dependent on what you use underneath it. I have used Maybelline Baby Skin, L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base, and regular moisturizer beneath it with poor results. It will look cakey, thick, will turn shiny quickly, oxidize, and slide off.

Do you know what works underneath this? Neutrogena sunscreen. Works perfectly. Anything with a powder finish will work under this. Silicone oil will not.

(With the right primer) This stuff is amazing. IT'S SO PALE! YES! IT'S PALE ENOUGH! I don't think anyone understands how unusual it is to find an ultra-pale foundation. It's magical. And a good pale foundation? Wonderful :)

This is a hydrating powder, so it will not make your skin dry. It is still a powder though, so it does control some oil. I don't think it could handle extremes. Not sure about this settling in to heavy lines, but it doesn't settle on me. This is definitely a foundation, as it has heavy coverage for a powder. It covers redness very well. It is not matte, so it does not look like a mask. The finish is lovely and glowing. A kind of satin finish. The glowing look to it isn't quite as naturally flawless as Luminous Silk, but still very healthy. When wearing this I've been told that I look very "fresh faced". I don't really see how you could mess the application of this. It's very easy and quick.

This is an absolute keeper for me because I've found this actually improves my skin. I've never had another foundation do that. On wearing this for multiple days in a row, my pores will disappear. My skin is very sensitive, and this actually calms it.

It's pale enough, it looks good, and it makes my skin look nicer. To me, that is well worth $40. The container that I'm using I've had for over a year, and I'm only 2/3 through it, so the price is quite cheap if you think of it that way. I see that the shade selection is smaller than it used to be, which worries me that this may be discontinued. I don't think I could find something else that works this well. Bareminerals is too dark for me...

on 2/17/2015 12:39:00 PM

This pleasantly surprised me. I used to use the mineral powder by urban decay but of course that was discontinued. I found this actually gives me pretty good coverage. I don't like it as much as I liked UD but it works. Wish it was a little more buildable though and other colors available.