Everyday Minerals New Flat Top Brush

Synthetic

on 2/10/2015 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I think this is the first make up brush I bought, can't remember how many years ago. Since then I have repurchased several times. They all work wonderfully and never shed, not even the first one I bought, I still use it till this day, it's practically new except for some fading of the writings on the handle. There are a lot of brands do these kind of synthetic flat top brushes now but none of those compare to this one. It has just the perfect amount of density, picks up the perfect amount of product. It's just perfect for liquid and powder foundations, mineral or not. I don't even wanna use other brushes for my foundation when I have a clean one of these.

on 11/20/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just love love loveeee this brush. It is the perfect brush for applying liquid foundation. My skin is acne-prone and has several small acnes and scars, and it helps provide medium to full coverage with just the first layer of foundation. When I build up the second layer, my skin looks soooo flawless and effortlessly beautiful. I used to think that the effect was because of my foundation (Diorskin Star mixes with Revlon Colorstay), but when I use the same foundation formula with other brushes (Real Techniques Buffing brush for instance), my skin looks unnatural with dry patches and one can obviously tell that Im wearing makeup, which is the opposite to the EM brush. I adore it soooo much. It is not even expensive!

on 6/14/2014 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This Flat Top brush is awesome and so soft. The bristles are dense so they pick up a good amount of product and helps with a full coverage look. (which I need since I have acne and acne-prone skin) I use this with the Everyday Minerals semi-matte base (mineral foundation).

Only downside is when I first used it I looked on my chest and there were loose bristles that fell off. But after a few uses, they bristles didn't fall out anymore. And it is smaller than what is pictured, but I like that for getting hard to reach areas well.

on 5/14/2013 10:19:00 PM

My HG brush for applying mineral foundation. It's super soft but very dense and it picks up and applies powder beautifully. It gives thick foundation coverage, and with extra buffing on prepared skin, it can almost make your mineral makeup seem to 'disappear' leaving perfect skin behind. This brush rarely sheds, washes easily, and lasts for years (I've yet to throw one out).

I have two that I swap out between washings, and a third in storage just in case they discontinue this suddenly. One caveat: if you use this to apply powder, your skin has to be *very* *well* moisturized. Otherwise when buffing, this brush will cause even slightly dry patches to look awful.

on 4/23/2013 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this brush! It is eco friendly with synthetic bristles and a bamboo handle. It is made with quality, the hairs rarely shed (and I've washed it dozens of times). It feels soft when I use it and really applies foundation well.

I do not use this for mineral foundaiton, but for applying liquid foundation. I stamp the foundation into my skin for lots of coverage. For applying to the full face, I stipple it around and then buff. I buff like crazy and it has withstood this for a year! Completely worth the money :)

on 2/12/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a nicely made brush, but (as all flat-tops probably) very harsh if you have sensitive skin. The flat head of the brush makes all the little hair tips jab your skin. You may not notice it if you don't have sensitive skin. After a couple days of using it, my skin became red and inflamed. Some people like this shape, but unless you have very tough skin or just don't care, I would recommend a tapered shape. Honestly, skin should not be "buffed," especially not with a flat top. Who ever came up with this horrible and damaging idea?

I also find this brush (as other kabuki type shapes) too large to apply mineral makeup precisely around small contours. My favorite brush is the brown faux chubby blender 160. It's probably available at a few places, but I got mine from Meow. It's dense, soft, tapered, and a little smaller, so you can get into all the nooks and crannies, yet it's large enough to cover a lot of ground quickly.

If you insist on using this style of brush, I would say this is a good option, because it's well-made for what it is.

on 12/11/2012 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush is just flat out amazing. I had left it aside for ages because I actually don't like the way it distributes bronzer because it doesn't seem to be able to do it evenly enough for some reason. It's probably because the brush wasn't meant for bronzer application so i'm not going to fault it for that. But then again it's also probably not meant for bb cream application but holy shit it is honestly the best brush out there for this. I have used countless of "foundation" brushes to apply my bb cream and for the most part, the application is fine but it requires quite a bit of effort to get it to blend properly especially around my nose. However, out of desperation one day because my brushes were all still wet from being washed, I grabbed this flat top brush. I squirted my VIP Gold bb cream, stippled it onto my cheeks and then buffed. I basically did my entire face like this. I wear spectacles so after buffing blind, I lean into the mirror to check on the coverage and see if i've missed any spots and FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A YEAR, there were no missed spots. I'm not even joking. I held off reviewing because I wanted to make sure it wasn't just a fluke. I am reviewing this brush after a full month of daily usage of "blind buffing" and oh my god, it is perfection. The way it seems to get into every single nook and cranny on my face. And with no effort at all! I literally take five minutes to put my face on before going to work. Amazing. And the best part? I have two more of these brushes sitting in my makeup drawer untouched. You have no idea how gleeful I am about this :P

on 11/28/2012 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Great brush! I have owned mine for a year and it still looks new, except some of the letters have worn on the handle. I use this to set powder, or blend mineral or liquid foundation into my skin. Love the short handle because it's great for travel. A multi-use brush. Must have for the price.

on 9/9/2012 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this brush for liquid foundations, and this works beautifully. It works with most all types of liquid foundations except the super runny and thin kind. I use it to first stipple on the foundation and then buff it all around. It makes the foundation give great coverage and a flawless look. I love it, and for the price, it's really worth it. Plus, it's vegan!

on 7/2/2012 8:02:00 PM

I love this brush! I currently use this as my finishing powder brush. For me, it has the right equation of softness, hair density, and diameter. I can't believe I didn't discover flat top brushes until now. I much prefer them over the dome-shaped ones because they don't throw powder all over the place.

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products