MAC 227 Large Fluff Brush

4.8

brush hair very good

on 3/19/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a good brush no doubt. That being said I suggest the ELF brushes. They work just as well as high end at a quarter the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great handy little brush! I have had mine for 2-3 years now without much shedding or the brush loosing its softness. I didn't pick this up for my eyes, it seems way too large for that; but I did pick it up to define and contour out my nose and eyelids. It is also great for fixing eye shadow mistakes on your outer eye area with its flat sides but fluffy bristles. I wouldn't call this brush a total need but if you like an extra defined look to your face by contouring your nose or eyelids this brush is perfect for that!

on 1/15/2015 3:47:00 PM

I have had this brush for over 4 years so I can really speak about how I feel about it. I have a bunch of MAC brushes (both face and eye) and think this is probably my favorite. It is obviously a huge brush, so I could see how it could intimidate someone with smaller eyes. In the past I have used it to highlight my cheekbones, clean up my brows after filling them in, as a highlight to my under brow bone, contouring the sides of my nose, highlighting the bridge of my nose. MAC currently sells this brush for $32 USD, I think mine was a little less when I purchased it. Either way, it was and is a pricy brush, but it is a very versatile brush and it has held up perfectly after multiple washes and has not shed on me. I recommend and would repurchase. I really feel with MAC brushes if you take care of them and wash them they can last a lifetime. I have some that I have had for 6 years and they look brand new. This brush is HG, if you are thinking about buying this brush, you will not regret it.

on 1/12/2015 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had put this brush aside because I found it too scratchy on my eyelids after I had washed it. Before the first wash it was great to use to apply base colour all over lid. So into my drawer it went. Then I watched a youtuber who used it to contour her nose. OMG it's perfect!!!! I now love it for contouring my nose. I guess my eyelids are just more delicate but I don't find it scratchy on my nose. It applies and blends out NYX taupe perfectly. Previous attempts with smaller countour brushes just left very obvious streaks down the sides of my nose no matter how much I tried to blend it out. This brush just blends it out beautifully. And I can do it fairly quickly, whereas with smaller brushes I had to spend several minutes blending it out. Highly recommend this for contouring the nose.

on 9/27/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Just bought this and it feels scratchy on my hand and it was shedding before I took it out of the flimsy plastic sheet. So disappointed. If it's scratchy on my hand I don't even want to try it on my face. Like the handle and shape, but hopefully I can find a dupe in another line that's soft. I'm returning it. Fail mac. Fail.

on 5/22/2014 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this brush! Large, fluffy and soooo versatile! Use all over my lid to apply y base, blend etc. Use of my cheeks for highlight, contouring etc. Great quality:)!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! I lost my old one a while back and i rushed to the store to get a new one! Its so .... fLUFFY and amazing.

on 1/9/2014 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you're the type who likes to pack on concealer..You should be using this brush for that. If you do so choose...make sure to finesse your application as the eye area is delicate. Never used this brush for anything else bit concealer...pro long wear to be specific (mixd with an eye brightened) does wonders and can highlight at the same time. I use this guy for my "going out" makeup...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this brush. I use it for applying eye shadow to the whole lid,highlighting areas such as brow bone, cheek bone, cupids bow and for contouring my nose. The bristles are dense and apply a concentrated amount of colour. They are also not too stiff but not too loose, just in between, which is perfect for accurately putting colour exactly where you want it! I have just the one, but am considering purchasing another one for the sole purpose of contouring my nose.

on 7/17/2013 11:55:00 PM

This brush is my absolute favorite MAC eye brush. I have large lids, and I've been wearing my eyes out using the 239 and 217 to apply lid color for the past 3 years. Silly, I know...but, hey, I'm busy and I wasn't buying this sight unseen. I don't live near a MAC counter. This brush applies lid color like no other. I also use it to contour my cheek and it's awesome for that. I could lose the 239...wouldn't miss the 217 terribly, but this one, I'd be online PDQ to replace it. And express ship it.

I still like this brush, but the ferule is a bit loose. Not cool. Not cool at all. I've been reading that MAC brushes lately aren't the same quality as those sold just a few years ago. I'm not happy, MAC. Get it together.

Top Rated MAC Products