January 25, 2015 | 1842 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2015 3:47:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

I have had this brush for over 4 years so I can really speak about how I feel about it. I have a bunch of MAC brushes (both face and eye) and think this is probably my favorite. It is obviously a huge brush, so I could see how it could intimidate someone with smaller eyes. In the past I have used it to highlight my cheekbones, clean up my brows after filling them in, as a highlight to my under brow bone, contouring the sides of my nose, highlighting the bridge of my nose. MAC currently sells this brush for $32 USD, I think mine was a little less when I purchased it. Either way, it was and is a pricy brush, but it is a very versatile brush and it has held up perfectly after multiple washes and has not shed on me. I recommend and would repurchase. I really feel with MAC brushes if you take care of them and wash them they can last a lifetime. I have some that I have had for 6 years and they look brand new. This brush is HG, if you are thinking about buying this brush, you will not regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:20:00 AM More reviews by akatrene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had put this brush aside because I found it too scratchy on my eyelids after I had washed it. Before the first wash it was great to use to apply base colour all over lid. So into my drawer it went. Then I watched a youtuber who used it to contour her nose. OMG it's perfect!!!! I now love it for contouring my nose. I guess my eyelids are just more delicate but I don't find it scratchy on my nose. It applies and blends out NYX taupe perfectly. Previous attempts with smaller countour brushes just left very obvious streaks down the sides of my nose no matter how much I tried to blend it out. This brush just blends it out beautifully. And I can do it fairly quickly, whereas with smaller brushes I had to spend several minutes blending it out. Highly recommend this for contouring the nose.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ocelot1

Just bought this and it feels scratchy on my hand and it was shedding before I took it out of the flimsy plastic sheet. So disappointed. If it's scratchy on my hand I don't even want to try it on my face. Like the handle and shape, but hopefully I can find a dupe in another line that's soft. I'm returning it. Fail mac. Fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by RhondaGrl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very high end great quality brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by bubblybee

Love this brush! Large, fluffy and soooo versatile! Use all over my lid to apply y base, blend etc. Use of my cheeks for highlight, contouring etc. Great quality:)!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by BeautybyElle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this brush! I lost my old one a while back and i rushed to the store to get a new one! Its so .... fLUFFY and amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by catiecarig

If you're the type who likes to pack on concealer..You should be using this brush for that. If you do so choose...make sure to finesse your application as the eye area is delicate. Never used this brush for anything else bit concealer...pro long wear to be specific (mixd with an eye brightened) does wonders and can highlight at the same time. I use this guy for my "going out" makeup...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush. I use it for applying eye shadow to the whole lid,highlighting areas such as brow bone, cheek bone, cupids bow and for contouring my nose. The bristles are dense and apply a concentrated amount of colour. They are also not too stiff but not too loose, just in between, which is perfect for accurately putting colour exactly where you want it! I have just the one, but am considering purchasing another one for the sole purpose of contouring my nose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

This brush is my absolute favorite MAC eye brush. I have large lids, and I've been wearing my eyes out using the 239 and 217 to apply lid color for the past 3 years. Silly, I know...but, hey, I'm busy and I wasn't buying this sight unseen. I don't live near a MAC counter. This brush applies lid color like no other. I also use it to contour my cheek and it's awesome for that. I could lose the 239...wouldn't miss the 217 terribly, but this one, I'd be online PDQ to replace it. And express ship it.

I still like this brush, but the ferule is a bit loose. Not cool. Not cool at all. I've been reading that MAC brushes lately aren't the same quality as those sold just a few years ago. I'm not happy, MAC. Get it together.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

with no offence intended I think the whole mac brushes "raves" are more of a status thing I paint all of my brushes so they all match. I dont judge my brushes by what brand they are. Is it a good brush? Yeah but I have other brushes from shoppers that work just as good. Its just a middle of the road product for me