Joico Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

4.1

-Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Stearate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silicone Quaternium-16, Amodimethicone, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Undeceth-11, C11-15 Pareth-7, Butyloctanol, Undeceth-5, Laureth-9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PPG-12-Buteth-16, Polyamide-2, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Red 33 (CI 17200)

Naturally really fine brown hair that is bleached to as light as it gets. I use this in place of shampoo 1-3 times a week(note: I shower twice daily, I know I know it's bad for your hair), I leave it in for 5ish minutes. Keeps my hair platinum - it honestly makes a huge difference. Once I neglected to use it for a good 2 weeks cause I ran out and I was too lazy to go buy more, and after I used it the difference was immense. I've used other purple shampoos (a Schwarzkopf one which dried out my hair for some reason and some other one but the name is escaping me right not) and this one is the best. It doesn't dry my hair or leave it in tangles.

Annihilated my hair. After washing and conditioning, I gently towel dried my bleached blonde hair and it felt sticky and made a sudsy sound. I rinsed again. Was still a bit sticky, air dried and my hair looked and felt totally fried. The worst it has ever been. I had to put Argan oil and chi keratin leave in conditioner to help save it. I don't think it even washed it. Will never use again. (Chi keratin products are great if you have not tried) Overall, my hair is just too delicate for joico. It may suit others, but I will stick with fudge clean shampoo for now. It can leave my hair purple but at least does not destroy my hair.
*edit: after more research, I have concluded that it is the citrus ingredient causing drying. I have given higher rating because it is probably a lot gentler for hair long term compared to SLS. I intend to a try again and leave in less time.

I have used this Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo for about a year now. I have baby fine hair and find that the shampoo strips my hair very badly, I have been using a leave in condition in for a couple of hours afterwards to nuture it back to something that resembles a normal head of hair. I have recently been to a new hairdresser and had ash brown and ash blonde foils but when I washed it the first time 5 days or so after seeing the hairdresser the whole lot has gone brassy. The Joico shampoo isn't making any difference to it, which I actually find surprising and the battle of the brass continues, it has worked in the past but if you have dry hair, use a leave in conditioner treatment. Even though I still have half a litre of product left of both shampoo and condition I will be switching to Fudge. I not sure why it cant knock the brassiness on the head , but between having a flaky scalp due to it being so drying and not delivering what it promises...time to move on.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased during the Ulta liter sale. You get so much for the price. I wasn't sure how to use this at first. After reading online the best way to use, I shampoo with my regular shampoo first, rinse, then use the violet shampoo and leave on for about 10 minutes. I only wash my hair twice a week so if I use this only, my hair is tangled and still dirty. So shampooing with my regular shampoo is a must. If you use a good conditioner in conjuction, it is not at all drying as most purple shampoos can be.

It really keeps my hair that ashy blonde color that those with Asian hair who do ombre balayage want to achieve. It doesn't leave a chemical scent either like GVP Shimmer Lights from Sally's.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Do I like this as a normal shampoo and conditioner? yes. Do I think this does a good job toning my blonde hair? NO. My hair is naturally dark blonde but I have hard water that turns my hair ugly, Shimmerlites made my hair beautiful but it's expensive. I found this Joico Violet at Ulta during a liter sale. Long story short- I can leave this crap on my hair for 3 hours and it won't tone for crap! It did make my hair slightly darker/grey hued on the ends, but on my hair where the hard water makes me a little brassy: I was still brassy! I disn'tfind this shampoo as drying as Shimmerlites but at least Shimmerlites works. I'd better get a 2nd job so I can afford it now :-p

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This violet shampoo definitely neutralizes golden tones in blond hair. I'm sure it would do the same for gray or silver hair. I left it on for 10 minutes and I got a nice neutral blond shade. It smells nice and lathers well. However, the effects, at least for me, don't last through a regular sulfate free shampooing, so if I want the effects of Color Endure, I have to use it as my regular shampoo. The trouble with this is that all color enhancing shampoos are drying to some degree and this one is no exception. If you're able to maintain your color using it once a week or so, then this situation wouldn't apply to you. However, if, like me, you're frustrated about this and rather like your regular shampoo (as I do) then perhaps a toner is in order. I used Redken Shades EQ in 9V (v=violet) and 9NB (neutral brown) in equal parts with the Redken Shades EQ processing lotion for about 10 minutes on clean, damp hair. Rinse, but don't shampoo. The effects will last weeks if you use a sulfate free shampoo. This worked out much better for me than using purple shampoo for every wash. However, once my hair begins to return to the overly golden state, I do use this shampoo if I'm awaiting toner in the mail or don't have time to do my hair at that moment. I think this shampoo works as well as Blond Brilliance Lathering Toner in the cool tone, which is my other fav purple poo (it smells divine and is available at Sally's btw). I find that toning with Shades EQ gives me beautiful color and shiny healthy looking hair. It isn't drying at all and acts more like a conditioner, imo/ime. It's actually a conditioning color gloss but is really a demi permanent color formula, which is why it lasts several weeks. Right now, my hair is still looking quite good and I did the color three weeks ago. I applied it to damp hair but next time, I may try it on dry hair. Supposedly the effects last even longer that way. I know this is supposed to be a review on the Joico shampoo, but I simply couldn't let the opportunity pass for educating those who are tired of resorting to purple shampoo in order to control the ugly yellow tones that inevitably surface in blond hair. I didn't want to get rid of all the warmth (I wanted a warm neutral look) so that's why I mixed the violet and the neutral brown shades. The ugly gold is toned to a more subtle warm hue with the addition of the 9NB. If you want an ashier result, use 9V alone, but watch it carefully and rinse as soon as the gold disappears, just fyi. I learned about Shades EQ from the hair board and it receives tons of love there. If you're having issues about shade selection, I urge you to post your question on HB. There are many color experts there that can assist you. Wella Color Charm toner in T18 is also an option, but again, watch it carefully. If you don't, you could end up with purple hair (which you can fix with a clarifying shampoo or Dawn dishwashing liquid but it's a pita). In sum, I do recommend Joico Color Endure but only as a temporary fix. For me, a toner was the best solution, although, like I said, I do occasionally use Color Endure and will eventually use up the bottle and likely repurchase for days when I need it. HTH.

comprei em londres na tkmaxx por 12 pounds o litro. De modo geral é bom, da para ver que o cabelo fica hidratado com este shampoo assim que vc enxagua, mas nao percebi que tira o amarelado porem nao usei com frequencia fiquei variando no uso. Meu shampoo predileto ever é o vitamino color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this product on my prematurely grey hair which I don't like to dye. Frankly, this shampoo is just average and doesn't seem to make any difference. I have coloured my dark hair in the past and that has left colour that just refuses to come off so now I have a bunch of different colours in my hair. I would just like to have black and silver Cruella hair but this product is not the thing. I'm using the red bottle sulfate free version.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I haven't been using this for very long but I felt compelled to write a review when I read the 1-star review below that criticized this shampoo for not fixing her "Crayola orange" dye job. In my opinion, it's ridiculous to give such a negative review on that basis. What she needed was a professional toner given the severity of the orange in her hair. For most of us, however, that just want to neutralize run-of-the-mill brassy tones, this shampoo works great. Personally, I have dark blonde hair with highlights and like to use this because I have cool-toned skin and the warmer my highlights get, the more it clashes with my skin.

Be advised- this is a drying shampoo. Don't be surprised if it leaves your hair much more tangled than normal. Even after thoroughly conditioning my hair, I had a to use leave-in conditioner (I usually don't) and really work out the tangles with a comb. However, this is a trade-off I'm willing to make because I really hate when my hair gets brassy.

Hope this helps!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Great for my dark brown hair with highlights! EVERY TIME I get my hair highlighted it goes a hideous yellow/orange/red brassy colour within 1-2 weeks. My hair is pretty dark so I like to give it a bit of life with some highlights, but it seems like a lot of maintenance. I finally decided to splash out on a toning shampoo. This one works GREAT! It really tones down the brassiness. I mean seriously my hair would look so stripy and then this shampoo helps blend the highlights to make it look more natural.

Pros: lathers and is sulphate free. Smell isn't overpowering.