October 20, 2014 | 2032 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Staaarlit

What a shitty product. This eyeliner deserves no star. I don't know what reviews I read that prompted me to buy this product, but I know the number of recommendations was high, and that was why I decided to pick this eyeliner up. Well, it was a mistake. A fat, terrible mistake.

The applicator is crap -- it's very stiff, and it prevents the product from gliding across your lid. The motion is a "stop-and-go" type, which makes the application time consuming and the outcome far from perfect even when you have a steady hand. The applicator also makes it inevitable for the product to make its way onto your lashes during application. By the time you finish drawing your line, your lashes would surely have this product hanging in clumps on it, and removing these clumps without yanking out your lashes and affecting your already-drawn liner is nearly impossible and would probably frustrate the hell out of you.

The formula may be waterproof, but it crepes on my lids. Maybe it is because of the fold of my eyelids, I don't know; but they said this would be great for "Asian eyelids". Well, it seems they were wrong. Oh, and it takes a really, really long time to dry. And I mean, REALLY long. And 20 minutes later, product looks crepey and starts to fall out in some spots. Whut. the. Eff..
(Edited: I just went to remove the eyeliner and found that it was not difficult to remove whatsoever. I was able to remove it with ease with my diy makeup wipes -- a blend of coconut oil, tear-free baby wash, and water. I guess the formula isn't that strong after all.)

This eyeliner is cheap, and I'm not just talking about the price. A big disappointment because my hopes were high due to the raves. I've tried this product several times, and all tries have yielded the same outcome. This morning was my last try. It was so frustrating that I thought, "hm, I need to review this shit on makeupalley later." This product now sits with my trash. I seriously wish I could get my money back. I don't know what those reviewers were talking about giving this product praises. Don't waste your money.

Update: After tossing this, I was tempted to once again go on the search for the eyeliner that would not smudge regardless of weather or eyelid type. My "Asian" eyelids are the type that has a fold that sits quite low (as in near my lash line), so the space below the fold is small. Any eyeshadow or eyeliner put on the area up to my fold are pretty much unseeable when I open my eyes. Eyeliner is impossible to wear without smudges, and waterproof does not equal smudgeproof. So finding the perfect eyeliner is tough. Anyways, had to share that before I go on to say that I've just found the very first (drugstore) eyeliner that's smudgeproof! After much research, I discovered the L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H. I went out and bought it last night, wore it this morning, and it lasted through 12 hours without smudging! I was really excited to test its smudge-proof claims and, guess what? Those positive reviews turned out to be true! Anyway, thought I'd share since this Wet n Wild H20 liner was such a disappointment. Good luck!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awful! Spoiler alert: this brush is HARD. Don't poke yourself in the eye! Couldn't get a smooth line at all. There was no gliding on the eyelid, just dragging. And don't mess up, because it's not coming off! If you want waterproof, you've got it. I had a hell of a time even trying to remove it with avocado oil (that or jojoba oil are my "makeup removers".) Wet 'n' Wild's Megaliner is far superior to this, and also at a great price. Needless to say, I'm returning this travesty and won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by npha

Heard so many good reviews on this so I thought I'll give it a try. Tried it on with primer beneath my oily eyelids but definitely not the eyeliner for me. I wanted an eyeliner that wouldn't come off or transfer but this transferred to my lids and it wasn't cute. It definitely was waterproof bc it didn't budge coming off. Would recommend if you have monolids.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by ilikefishh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst liquid eye liner I ever purchased.
The very first time I used it, it got all over my eyelashes.
It made them clumpy and sticky. I have wrinkles due to trying to take this thing off my lid. Ok, I'm dramatic, but it was horrible. If you make one mistake, just one teeny tiny little mistake.. you're screwed. DON'T BUY.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the worst liquid eyeliners I have used. The color is a grey/black, which dries to an uneven, dull finish. This irritated my eyes to the point of my contact lenses getting all cloudy, and what possessed Wet n' Wild to make the applicator a hard plastic? The tip isn't even soft, so one wrong move to you stab yourself in the eye.

The one thing going for it is that it was nearly impossible to remove, so it is waterproof, but so not worth it. I use the other liquid eyeliner this line makes and it's great.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by kizunareii

the worst eyeliner I've tried. Not only does it take forever to dry, the consistency is sticky and it has an almost shiny finish (and how attractive is that?). Pigmentation is quite poor--it was streaky gray black at best. Worst of all, it reacted terribly with my skin and it started to burn after a few minutes post-application. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I could only tolerate using this once and giving it a single second chance.

Pros: Not just waterproof, but MU remover proof. This could come in handy I suppose, theoretically.

Cons: formula is very watery and takes FOREVER to dry. I always give my mascara a minute to set/dry before putting my glasses back on but this took way longer to dry than that. To the point where it just wouldn't dry and I couldn't leave the house for another 10 minutes because of how long it took to scrub it off after wiping off the wet part. Application is so troublesome it's not worth it to me.

Brush is painful to use also; I recommend using it on it's side to press the product against your last line if you absolutely must try this. But I don't recommend wasting even the few dollars that it costs.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by happifayce

First off, when I took this out of the box, there was this sticky mess all over the bottle...yuck. Second, this takes about an hour to dry...not pretty because it transfers to my eyelids. I don't have an hour every morning to wait on this to dry. Overall, not a good purchase and won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by MoonandStars0108

Very difficult to take off using eye makeup remover. Its also sticky and it sticks to my eyelashes, not the best feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by RainaVixen

I love this liquid liner, it's really sticky though but it does stay on soooo well !! It's like $4.00 where i buy it from, so you can't beat the price, thumbs up !