December 21, 2014 | 1781 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ally014

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first Burt's Bees lip balm I ever bought and it's still my favorite. Actually I think I used most of it and I hardly ever do that with lip balms. It feels nice and leaves a nice tint to your lips. I will repurchase in the near future!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product a few times, but I think at this point I wouldn't repurchase again. It's one of the only balms I've tried that add a nice dewy flush with a little bit of tint to my pigmented lips (i.e. it actually shows up) but it definitely ends up drying my lips out if used exclusively. And the scent/flavor is slightly unpleasant for me in a weird way. Like fruit that's gone rancid.

If you need serious lip moisturization, try Lansinoh, Dr. Hauschka, or Weleda balms :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by BeautyReviewer0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't really like burt's bees lip balms they're not very moisturizing on my lips. The balm feels nice on but once its gone my lips feel very dry and worse than what they were before I put it on. I didn't like the smell at first but I gave this two lippies instead of one because now I don't mind the smell I actually like it although it doesn't smell like pomegranate.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by andyschill

This lip balm smells good, adds the tiniest amount of tint which is nice, and is easy to locate in most cities. However, I have never owned a lip balm that I find myself using as much, and that's only because my lips feel dry rather quickly. If you're looking for a lip balm that really aids in your chapped lips, especially in the winter, do not use this brand. I expected more from Burt's Bees.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this lip balm AS a lip balm—it's fairly moisturizing, not too shiny, and adds a natural tint.

However, my sister SWEARS by it as a quick cheek stain, and I have to say that she's 100% spot-on. It makes the skin on my cheeks look dewy and flushed. No need to add a lot—just a tiny swipe on each cheek, then blend.

It also hasn't clogged my pores one bit—if anything, my skin looks better.

I strongly recommend this, both as a lip balm and also as a keep-it-in-your-pocket go-to. Seriously!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not impressed with this. This makes my lips feel nice for about 5 minutes and then when it dries it leaves my lips very dry and I even experience peeling. Maybe I personally just have a reaction to one of the ingredients but IMO you can get a much better product than this lip balm. It does not give long term moisture and you have to apply about once per hour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I bought Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm for the inclusion of pomegranate oil, which is supposedly one of the better skin care ingredients for preserving youthful, healthy skin. I will continue to apply this lip balm during the day but I must say this in no way, shape or form competes with my standby: Cococare Cocoa Butter Lip Balm. If I had to rely on this Burt's Bee's lip balm exclusively to prevent chapped lips, it wouldn't do the job. Within an hour of application my lips feel somewhat more dry, which I think might stem from some of the natural fragrances added to this formula (it contains eugenol [clove], limonene and other potential skin sensitizing fragrant oils). In addition, I don't really care for the slightly medicinal fragrance that seems to accompany every Burt's Bee's lip product I've tried. Just the same, I will continue using this product at least once per day to see if the pomegranate oil benefits become more apparent in time. If I see any improvements that I have been unable to obtain with Cococare or even Chapstick, I'll update this review.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Petrie03

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I've tried some of their other lip balms so I was expecting about the same from this one as well. First off, it's PINK!!!!!! No joke. The lip balm itself is a vivid bright pink, but don't let that scare you. The first time I used it I noticed immediately that it does stain your lips(which I usually do not like). I wore it to school by itself(I tend to do that) and it left a nice subtle pink that lasted for three hours, considering it is a lip balm-that's impressive. This one is lighter than the other ones I've tried, which is a little disappointing cause it wears off easy and fast. It also has a strange tingle or just refreshing feel when worn. It also has an AMAZING smell. Overall I like the product and it is good for those who like to have something on their lips without feeling heavy or a fan of tinted lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by kapeluszkaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first product from Burt's Bees. It is so great, I would never expected this. A little bit goes a long way, it moisturizes and makes my lips look natural and pretty. I think it gives tini-tiny colour payoff but I don't know, maybe it's just me :) Love this - worth to try ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by nnutcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Compared to the original: more slippery, but not as moisturizing. I've had the tube for years and find myself only reaching for it when there is nothing else in sight.