January 29, 2015 | 1265 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 11:45:00 AM More reviews by crystallw

I've been using this product for a while now, and the first thing I'd like to say is I'm glad it's not as bulky as my EOS lip balm. I do quite like the product and how it's not sticky on my lips, but if I don't use it for a long period of time after my lips get insanely dry. When it is on though, it seems to do the job. I'm also not a huge fan of the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Danielle312

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Burt's Bees is the best lip balm you will ever use... HANDS DOWN!!! It is has all the moisturizing properties you want in a lip balm...moisturizing, non-greasy, non-sticky, ect...with a variety of flavors that you will love. It has the qualities I always wished Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers would have had besides just the flavors. I have been using Burt's for about thirteen years now and swear by it. I have only ever had chapped lips when I ran out of it and did not repurchase after a few days. I have used Carmex, Blistex, and Chapstick in between just to try out a tasty flavor they have...I always end up tossing it and going back to Burt's because that stuff ended up making my lips dry and crack. This Flavor is another gem to that line. It has all the good qualities mentioned above. This one has a nice scent to it. I cannot accurately describe what a pomegranate smells like, but this scent smells like it belongs in the cherry/berry family. Overall, it is a pleasant scent for sure and is worth checking out if you want a balm that is different.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2015 4:28:00 AM More reviews by luvhydration

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Didn't offer any real hydration - greasy formula with a nice scent. Bad balm.. Definitely wasn't worth it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Halyal

As lip balms go, this one is not the best, but it is certainly not the worst either. I like the feel of it on my lips, but as soon as it wears off, my lips are dry again. IMO instead of rectifying the problem of dry lips, it is just masking it. I don't particularly like the smell of this balm, but it is not offensive either. All in all, it is just ok. If I was given another one I would use it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy another one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by 4Everlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really dislike this lip balm. First of all, it doesn't have any SPF. So there's no protection for my sensitive lips against the sun. Second, I hate how I can't use it in the Summer. The lack of SPF plus the oils basically cook my lips in the sun. Third, this isn't very moisturizing, not as hydrating as I expected it to be. Didn't dry my lips out, but didn't help them either.
Overall, not worth trying. A bad lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ally014

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first Burt's Bees lip balm I ever bought and it's still my favorite. Actually I think I used most of it and I hardly ever do that with lip balms. It feels nice and leaves a nice tint to your lips. I will repurchase in the near future!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product a few times, but I think at this point I wouldn't repurchase again. It's one of the only balms I've tried that add a nice dewy flush with a little bit of tint to my pigmented lips (i.e. it actually shows up) but it definitely ends up drying my lips out if used exclusively. And the scent/flavor is slightly unpleasant for me in a weird way. Like fruit that's gone rancid.

If you need serious lip moisturization, try Lansinoh, Dr. Hauschka, or Weleda balms :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by BeautyReviewer0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't really like burt's bees lip balms they're not very moisturizing on my lips. The balm feels nice on but once its gone my lips feel very dry and worse than what they were before I put it on. I didn't like the smell at first but I gave this two lippies instead of one because now I don't mind the smell I actually like it although it doesn't smell like pomegranate.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by andyschill

This lip balm smells good, adds the tiniest amount of tint which is nice, and is easy to locate in most cities. However, I have never owned a lip balm that I find myself using as much, and that's only because my lips feel dry rather quickly. If you're looking for a lip balm that really aids in your chapped lips, especially in the winter, do not use this brand. I expected more from Burt's Bees.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this lip balm AS a lip balm—it's fairly moisturizing, not too shiny, and adds a natural tint.

However, my sister SWEARS by it as a quick cheek stain, and I have to say that she's 100% spot-on. It makes the skin on my cheeks look dewy and flushed. No need to add a lot—just a tiny swipe on each cheek, then blend.

It also hasn't clogged my pores one bit—if anything, my skin looks better.

I strongly recommend this, both as a lip balm and also as a keep-it-in-your-pocket go-to. Seriously!