August 27, 2014 | 1886 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by ReseesRulesAll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

All the bad reviews amaze me this works perfect for me with my primed and poreless by too faced and revlon colorstay. It gives my face a perfect matte glow and the best part is I don't ever touch up my face from when I put it in at 8 til 5/6 at night. Plus it's always humid and very hot 90+. The only thing is that it is a bit more expensive and I find it too similar to sephoras pressed powder. Yet the only reason I buy makeup forever over sephoras is because my shade, 207 just can't be replaced by their colors. It's such a unique color and it's my perfect shade which makes me love the product more. I've repurchased this three times in the past 5 years(everytime I run out). Great product definitely my go to powder and I've been through many powders ( makeup forever hd finish, primed &poreless powder, bareminerals mineral veil, sephoras pressed powder, Almay, revlon, etc) I also just like how if used with a very fluffy powder brush it feels light and airy even in too of revlon which is a very thick foundation ! The great thing is when you go to sephora you can just test it yourself:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Kaitlynsamuel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has to be my favorite powder. Matched my skin perfectly stayed matte and will only go cakey if you keep applying throughout the day. Blotting sheets do help with the oil instead of re applying. Probably the only powder that doesn't make my skin irritated or break me out. Lasted me about 2-3 months!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful silky MATTE, medium to full coverage (depending on application method) foundation. Can be used to set other foundations. For my very oily skin, I prefer this over Lancome's dual finish powder foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I worked with this foundation for a few weeks now to basically force myself to like it but I just hate it. Another poor quality powder foundation! I'm not saying everything is a bust with this because it does have a few really good qualities such as staying matte all day long even after workouts! Also, it doesn't cause any skin irritations with is a huge bonus. However, these are the cons that I can't deal with enough to keep this.
Cons:
1. Dated finish. I mean, what is up with the 90s powdery finish? It is very cakey. It makes the skin look chalky and dry. I have oily skin but I'm a huge fan of foundation allowing skin to look like skin. I want my *cough* natural beauty to glow through the foundation, not have a powdery veil over it. There are many foundations out now on the market that have a matte finish and allow skin to look like skin!
2. Poor staying power. My oils don't break through this foundation but it does fade very fast on me. After two hours of wear, I still have a matte finish but spots have faded and I look like I suck at applying makeup.
3. Oxidation. As with MUFE's other foundations (HD & Mat Velvet) this one too oxidizes like a bastard. BAD, it oxidizes about three shades darker and very orange.
4. Poor coverage. Now, I'm normally a light coverage person on a daily basis. I typically wear a tinted moisturizer. However, the coverage I got from this was more like a setting powder.
Conclusion, I'm back to MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation because that give great coverage and it lasts all day. This isn't HG either because it doesn't have the best oil control. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Blove14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fairly oily skin and find this powder somewhat controls it for a few hours. Pros: - can build coverage - stays on the skin all day without being absorbed by your skin or having to reapply -controls oil for a few hours -blends well Cons: - I find when you apply with a powder brush the powder goes everywhere. It comes off the pan really easily so be careful when you swipe it with your brush. Just dabbing will pick up enough powder. -oxidizes a bit after you apply. I'm thinking about returning mine for a shade lighter

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Leahdearr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Returning . Did nothing for my oily skin. I used it with a primer and with the MUFE Mat Velvet +. What does work for me however is... Cover girl 3 in 1 with Mac blot powder. So I'll be doing that and returning this right away.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by HelenB16

I was really excited to get this based on the reviews and based on my laziness. I hate having to blend away with liquid foundation and wanted to try a powder foundation that would cover my acne scars and control my oily skin. This powder looked really nice after applying with the sponge and after spritzing my setting spray but didn't control my oil for more than 2 hours. Maybe it would work better as a setting powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by reh92

I tried to use this as a setting powder and it felt too heavy and chalky on my face. I would not recommend it for the use to set a foundation. Maybe to set a bb cream... Also my skin is too dry to try this as a foundation by itself. Smashbox Halo powder was much better and more natural for my skin. If you want a REALLY matte and flat base then I would recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by evill_fishy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great powder foundation - with a drawback. I have dry combination skin that's recovering from some mild hormonal breakouts, so needless to say I have a few marks that need covering up. What I like to do is to apply a pretty emollient moisturizer, then while it still hasn't sunk in conceal any really major discolourations with some Maybelline stick concealer and pat a thin layer of this on top followed by some Urban Decay All-Nighter. Once that's dry I'll go over any areas that look like they could use a little more coverage with this again. However, on days that I'm in a rush I'll just skip the concealer all together and this does manage to cover most acne marks even on its own. It's probably the least cakey powder foundation I've ever tried, though I wouldn't say it's undetectable. I've tried using it as a setting powder and I wouldn't recommend that as the coverage becomes way too much, for me anyways. The finish is pretty natural for a powder - despite its name, it looks more like a satin finish than a matte to me. This is also great for photography as it does not contain sunscreen and therefore does not flashback.

I hate the feeling of liquid foundations and find that most of them streak on me, never quite blend in with my concealed areas, or just turn into an oil-slick transfer mess by mid-day no matter how dry I am. If you're like me and can't live without some powder in your life, this will feel great to you. During dryer seasons this lasts on me without any touchups for at least 8-9 hours, more humid seasons may require a few t-zone touchups but not much.

Now we arrive at my one qualm with this foundation - the shade range. I have a pretty fair asian skintone, but by no means am I the palest around (around NC20). Initially I bought this in shade 203, which seemed like a reasonable area on the shade range for me to be in. Considering the number of people who thought I had gone on a tropical vacation, I was clearly wrong. So I took it back to Sephora and came home with the lightest shade in Sephora's range - 200. Initially this looked okay in the mirror, but I found that in certain lightings it still looked way too dark, and by mid-day it had definitely oxidized to a much darker shade. So while I love the formulation of this foundation, MUFE seriously needs to rethink the lighter half of the shade range, and sadly I will not re-purchase until then.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by mmmarzan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall a great powder foundation. Doesn't look too good as a setting powder for some reason on me it oxidized really bad. But by itself it's great. Good coverage, I would say medium-full if you really pack it on. Only downside is the price, and because of that not sure if I would re-purchase.