October 23, 2014 | 911 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sjbenny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG mascara, I didnt realize how much i depended on it until it ran out at Sephora and the Bay due to a shipment issue. I tried other mascaras but none compare to this one. It is BLACK BLACK BLACK. It makes me look like I am wearing eye liner. It is buildable, holds a curl, stays on all day, dramatic volume and length. The formula is WET, and will weigh down thin lashes like mine, so i always comb through with an old clean mascara wand between coats to fluff my lashes out.

I gave it four lippies because its tough to get off the skin under my eyes. as a result, i have to go in with eye makeup remover after. During the week, I layer it lightly over makeup forever smoky extravagant, to give the volume and effect, without it taking forever to come off.

Comapres to marc jacobs OH! mega lash, and UD lights, camera, lashes, but is more long wearing than both formulas and more buildable than the UD one.

YOU NEED THIS MASCARA IN YOUR LIFE.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually love other Dior mascaras and makeup.. but THIS ONE...no. the brush was hard to work with..it was big but sparse...too many gaps in between the bristles. The formula started out wet..then was very, very dry towards the end. It didnt separate my long lashes very well and left much (for me..) to be desired in the volume department. The other Dior mascaras I ve had and tried were way better then this. Such as the new IT Dior mascara--way better overall. And it was hard to take off at night. Not purchasing again..I would rather stick to other mascaras if I'm spending $40 bucks for just mascara. Never again Dior show blacc out :-/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by norina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have ok lashes, not too fine, not too fair (dark blond hair and hazel eyes, pale skin with pinkish undertones) but they lack the umph and pazzahh factors (not long or thick enough). I used to love Lancome's hypnoses' doll eyes and chanel inimitable in black for special occasions but couldn't find something to bring my eyes out without the drama; till I found diorshow blackout waterproof in black. If you have tried like me eyelash tint and curling you will know what I am talking about. All I know is that I gave this product a go and my lashes turned inky black and long. With just one go at my lashes. I was a goner. With one go it gives the impression that you have outlined your eyelids from the inside. It just gives you that extra oomph. And waterproof. But if you apply 2 coats it's more for going out than a day at the office. Love this product (I've still to try the famous benefit mascaras)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Griffin13

Wanted to love this product. I went in to purchase Dior Show mascara but the sales associate said this was better.
What I did not like,
-Difficult to apply, very wet and messy application. I have long lashes so if I blinked it would transfer to my upper or lower eye. When it smudged it was difficult to remove.
-Most of product was applied to the Base of my lash leaving the ends sparse, thin and spidery looking. Trying to add to the ends would result in clumping and spiky lashes.
-Clumpy, brush would appear to separate lashes but would clump together right away.
-Did not hold curl.

If you like very dark, wet mascaras this would fit the bill. One good part, easy to reapply later in the day. For example, I would go to the gym in the morning and throw an extra coat on before work and it went on easily however with the complaints listed above. I am wondering if it would be better for shorter lashes as it was fairly voluminous at base.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by cwellsto9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have looked everywhere for the most drastic black and "volumizing" mascara. Hands down this is it-and I have tried too many to even want to count! Earlier today I made my best friend (Blonde, blue-eyes, no tan & light eyelashes) put it on----she couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror and talking about her eyelashes!

-I love, and have tried the many mascaras by Christian Dior, but Diorshow Black Out is my absolute favorite!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the regular mascara - not the waterproof version.

I used this mascara for about two months as I really wanted to like it. The name is awesome.

It's a very black mascara (true to it's name) and it stays black all day. It's also gives serious volume. I have short lashes and, each time I used it, my eyes just popped.
I also like the brush - it's quite a big brush (none of that fancy curve stuff other mascaras have - yeah I'm looking at you Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Mascara that is supposed to give volume but you do not)... and it does cover your lashes nicely. The product gets exactly one lippie for that.

*However* - I spent more and more time trying to make sure I have a clean application. The product is very "wet" if that makes sense. If you're not careful, you'll end up with a big glob on your eye and that's NOT cute! I had to be so careful as I had to make sure I don't have too much product on the brush. As time went on and the mascara got thicker, it became even trickier to apply. Second coats were a no-go. I would have just had a blob of black on my eyes.

Getting the mascara off in the evening was another tricky one. On the one hand, kudos for longevity of the product - but on the other hand, if I wanted a waterproof mascara, I would have bought one. The mascara was especially hard to get off. It took several cotton pads with eye make-up remover to get rid of it. No bueno. After two months of long-suffering, it went in the bin.
I will, of course, not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

The first times I used the mascara I totally hated it. The brush was too messy and was difficult to apply the product without smearing around the eyes.
Yet after a while the product seemed to dry up a bit, and I also washed the bush well. Then I could use the mascara with a better result. I like the longevity. For being not a waterproof mascara this one stays on pretty long without dusting and getting smeared. Gets removed without too much trouble.
Probably this product is best suited for someone with very short eye lashes. Mine being quite long need definition in the 1st place which this mascara can't provide well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by 1m083n

If you like unbelievably dark eyelashes beyond every other black promises other brands make, this is your mascara. Compared to the regular Diorshow, the regular diorshow waterproof and Blackout waterproof it does not smudge, holds a curl and is relatively easy to remove. I find the waterproof version of this is dry, and the Diorshow regular and waterproof just give you yucky pond looking panda eyes.
Blackout regular however is just wonderful and i have super sensitive eyes where if they do not like a mascara, not only are they irritated my eyelashes ACTUALLY FALL OUT. This mascara has caused no such thing, in fact, my eyelash population density has increased and they are now long and beautiful looking thanks to this mascara.
The one and only con has to be the big, clunky, clumpy, stupid brush. I can deal with it, but it lets the flawless formula down. It's a stupid brush and it makes me angry because it is so unnecessary, like monster trucks down little english country roads, it just makes application awkward and messy.
However, will continue to buy forever and ever so long as they make it unless they come out with one in mercy of use little eyed perfectionist folks.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by azalea2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed buying a mascara. I have long but thin lashes, so I'm always looking for a mascara that gives show stop black volume, and I really expected this to be the one. Especially since I've read so many gushing reviews about it!

When I applied it for the first time it came on way too wet and didn't separate well, clumping my lashes together. I tried to salvage it by wiggling the wand but all that gave me was unwanted extra length, resulting in a tragic combination of clumpy and spidery lashes. And for all that money! I can only hope I'm the one who's doing something wrong. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by ottybates

This mascara is as dark as deep space; black hole; a vortex. By a long shot, it has the best colour of any product I have ever used.

The formula isn't too gooey. My lashes are naturally long, and I don't get the dreaded blink stain under my eyebrows like I have had with other brands. It applies like a dream, and with a careful hand, lashes will not clump. The larger wand is good for maximum coverage; one coat is ample, although two coats will give knock-out results. I generally do one coat for the day, and a couple for after dark. It's also a good confidence boost; you can really see the difference it makes.

The price is certainly a factor, but as other reviewers have stated, this mascara lasts, wears beautifully, offers great colour, good coverage, great wear time, and luscious plump lashes; I haven't found a cheaper brand that covers the spectrum of beautiful eyelashes in one product.

I'll most certainly be repurchasing.