November 24, 2014 | 1958 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ive been using this off and on for a couple weeks now.

I can't really speak to the comedogenicity of this product since I've been going back and forth with my other foundations (MUFE HD, Colorstay). But, based on how it feels on my skin and the ingredient list, I don't foresee it aggravating my sensitive acne-prone skin. Alas, I have several issues with this.

Smell: really really bad. Way worse than colorstay, which faintly smells like paint. The smell does go away- but the application process is not pleasant. This isn't a make or break tho- just something to point out.

Packaging: I don't care for it. you really do only need a pea size amount for your whole face but so much more always comes out. And there's always a mess left in the cap - on top of the tube. Woulda been nicer in a pump or squeeze tube like clinique's foundations.

Coverage: Its really hard for me to get good coverage since I'm fairly light with a lot of hyper-pigmentation. So i'd give this about a 7/10 with colorstay being an 8-9/10. You can't build up this foundation without it looking cakey. It also sinks into my pores/fine lines making me look older.

Application: I've tried applying with my fingers, foundation brush and stippling brush. Fingers are definitely the best in my experience. Otherwise it goes on too heavy. Either way, it is definitely obvious that I'm wearing makeup.

Colour: I use opal and it pulls a bit pink/orange for me- i think it would be a perfect match in the summer. (MUFE = 115, CS = Buff)

Staying power: This is where I'm most disappointed. while it goes on matte it doesn't stay that way for long. I have combination skin and usually have an oil t zone after 4-6 hours of wear. With this, its about 1-2 hours. Lots of transfer too. I even went out and bought a setting powder to get this to hold better, which didn't really work. And i don't like having to add/ search for another product just to make this work.

With all that said, I'm going to keep it for those extra dry/cold days that are coming up and see how it goes. But when its time to dress to impress, ill be using something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Em1106

I am 36, prone to adult acne, and i have oily, dehydrated skin. I needed something to cover up blemishes and old acne marks. This is amazing. I have been using it for over a year - no irritation or skin problems. I won't dare try the foundation stick though since that has talc and mineral oil. At first I used it as an all over foundation, but as my skin cleared up (I stopped using bareminerals - i think I was reacting to the titanium dioxide) I use it only as a concealer on blemishes and under my eyes. Sometimes alone and sometimes over Clinique Stay Matte oil Free foundation and mixed in with Clinique airbrush concealer under my eyes.
Love this. I wear nude but will mix with sand at the end of the summer.
update - as i become more ingredient conscious i realised that this is packed with stuff I do not want on my skin. With my skin clearing up I don't really need much concealing anyhow now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

After Vichy discontinued my shade in the last foundation I was using, I got this in Opal. Initially I was not happy with it as it goes on very thick and felt too mask like, especially since I am oily, even at 37. After playing around with application techniques, I finally found what works for me. I use this as concealer and under the eyes, and only use a scant amount, blending with clean fingers, or patting it on a blemish with a clean concealer brush. I then set with powder. The key for me, was to use less than I thought I needed. And only apply it to my T zone and under eyes. Alternately, mixing a small drop into my 1/4 tsp of sunscreen to make a tinted lotion also works, if my face isn't looking terribly blotchy. What I like about this foundation is that it's very buildable when applied sheerly. And can be built up to cover blemishes, melasma etc. I love that it does not break me out at all. I am on my 2nd tube of this, and had to chuck the 1st tube because I'd had it for over a year and wasn't sure that it wasn't going to break me out because it had been open longer than 12 months. For the price of this foundation, I'm more than happy with the results and the amount you get. I've started storing the tube upside down to prevent the cap from getting messy, as I noticed it will do when stored cap down. Probably may be better if it were in a pump container, but unless packaging is awful, I don't really mind as long as the product is good. I don't notice any scent with this either, so that's another bonus for me. I'll keep buying this as long as they don't d/c my shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lippielover

I have not done this in a long, looong time but this product blows my mind for real. THis is the dermablend foundation, around 30 CAD, "NUDE" shade, and it is liquid and mattifying 16 hr wear. FYI, I am late thirties, dry and oily, and stressed and overall "weird" skin type. This product is high coverage but you only need a wee little bit!!
First off, the coverage is phenom. I have alot hyperpigmentation from over sun worshipping and old acne issues. This stuff gets rid WITHOUT the total masque look and it kind of amazes me. Plus, it seems to mattify while hydrating at the same time. Weird!! There isn't a great color selections but you can practically get two for the price of one "high end" foundation at sephora (which I will get to in a second)- and mix to get your absolute perfect shade. I have a leftover tan and find nude a bit too light so next pay I am going to get the darker one and mix. Like I said: a little goes a very very long way. I have used MUF HD, MAC (various powder and other), Dior, Cover girl, L'oreal, PUR minerals, Smashbox cc cream, other BB and CC creams and on and on. This tops it and I am so glad I found it!!!! Oh yeah---it lasts and lasts all day and makes the makeup you put on top of it last. The SC who sold it to me was in love as well. No--I do not work for Vichy --I am a social worker - but when I find something this good---I freak out! I would be amazed if you were not happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Throughout high school I would get a lot of breakouts and I found this foundation perfect for my skin! It covers a lot without looking cakey! Also im very pale and it is difficult to find a thick cover-up without looking orange, but this foundation matched my skin tone perfectly! However, as I my acne began to go away this foundation became too thick for my skin! So I would recommend this foundation to someone who wants a lot of coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by alleahoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Brilliant foundation, I have acne and some bad acne scarring and this foundation covers everything and makes my face look almost flawless well within reason. Is a little pricey but a little goes a long way with this foundation, The only problem with this foundation is it does nothing for oil control.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasnt aware of its existence until i watched, like many others, Lisa Eldridge's video on how to cover acne and i was impressed.

Usually i am NC20 but because i just came back from holidays i think im more of a NC25 so I bought it in #25 Nude. Definitely a good choice because Opal is too white.

It is on the heavy side but not as heavy as most reviewers say, i'd say its somehow like Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage, maybe a tiny bit less heavy.

The two major differences between these two however, is first the price and second the finish. ELDW is more matte as opposed to Vichy Dermablend which is more dewy. It definitely gets oily during the day and needs to blot. I really wish it was more matte but i like it especially since it is half ELDW's price.

I would like to add that both ELDW and Vichy Dermablend however have a VERY limited shade range so it is not very easy to find a good shade.

I took one lippie off because of the not so matte finish and the limited shades. Other than that, i really like it.

I recommend it but i do not guarantee that you will find a shade that fits you. Still worth a try however.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by nourgado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

wandarfol

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

Great coverage, probably one of the most highly pigmented foundations I've ever used. But it's not great if you have either very oily or very dry skin. Great staying power, it really stays put until you take it off (a makeup wipe won't do, you need to really cleanse your face to get this foundation off). Feels nice on my skin, but makes me oily throughout the day. Does not look good on dry skin.

Covers up acne scarring: 9/10
Covers up active breakouts: 5/10
Covers up dark circles: 10/10
Covers up uneven skintone: 10/10

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skintone: around NC30
Skin type: Oily combo

Most of the shades run pinkish-orange. Luckily I was given a sample and the closest shade to me was Sand. Now I know some people use this as a foundation, I however used it more like a concealer. I recently got an allergic reaction from a product and it left behind small (flat) spots . So while using other products to fade it I was using this as a concealer. Now the shade was the best I could find but definitely was not a match. It had a pinkish-orange tone to it and I have yellow-olive skintone. So if I was someone who needed this as a foundation it would look way off compare to my neck. Nonetheless, because the color was that pink/orange shade it almost helped correct the brown spots. I would apply a thin layer of vichy (to color correct) and on top a thin layer of my own yellow based concealer or foundation. The finish of vichy dermablend is matte (natural looking). I believe it does last quite long on my skin...sometimes on hot days I'd have to double check and apply a little more of needed. Now I also found this worked better on brown spots than say red spots(discoloration). I don't think this has amazing full coverage but I guess to each their own. Mind you when it comes to base makeup I prefer sheer-medium natural coverage. I'm not big on full coverage unless it comes to concealers (medium-full). Now the spots are fading nicely but I'm not sure if I would buy this or not. I'm thinking there's probably something better out there... Btw I do prefer this liquid version over the foundation stick(easily looks cakey). Give it a whirl if you're looking for a concealer/foundation.