October 21, 2014 | 1986 users online

Powder - Merle Norman - Luxiva Purely Mineral Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by pappish5

I love this foundation. I have bought it in loose and pressed versions but I prefer the loose. The pressed gets all hard and cakes when applying. I have extremely sensitive skin. Some of the most popular mineral makeup even breakers me out (Bare minerals, Neutrogena, L'Oreal). Color selection is ok but if you can find your color you won't regret buying this makeup. My Favorite!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is for the loose version of Merle Norman's purely mineral makeup. I used Bare Minerals loose powder for years but eventually found it drying and too shiny. I am also a fan of GloMinerals Pressed Base, but sometimes that's too matte for me. Now that I'm 50 and have dry skin, liquid and cream foundations just look too heavy on me. Strangely, a light mineral powder is the best option for my skin, and Merle Norman is fantastic. It leaves a nice, natural but polished look and is completely weightless. It is not shiny or matte. It's just a little dewey like healthy skin. I either brush it on, or I sprinkle a little into my sunscreen and mix in the palm of my hand and apply with my fingers.

Coverage is buildable, so I add a little more to any areas that need concealed, or I use GloMinerals concealer on top of the foundation. You get a very large jar for the price, and it will last forever. The L10 is the perfect color for my fair skin w/ pink undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't even mention all the brands and types of make up i tried all those years. I m 36 with quite good skin for my age. Quite dry because of RetinA especially in winter. I always use high SPF everyday under any make up.
I have used from super $$ make up like la mer , cle de peau , Chanel to low prices like Bourjois. I do not make up much but always wear tinted sunscreen + setting powder or sunscreen + foundation . Most of the time i avoid using any powder type make up on my skin because of my dryness.
I knew about Merle Norman from MUA years ago. And few years back i swapped for a jar of this mineral powder and really liked it but was so hard to get and not much of them to swap for as well as non online selling . So only because of that i give up and i tho my self i'll find something else easier to find . Few years after that i was able to get hold of another jar and my BFF live in USA and they opened MN store close to her so easy for her to pick a jar for me , i got back to use this foundation powder.

Let me tell you first that i m super picky about make up as well as very hard for me to find any make up that wont make my skin look awful as i have dry patches and often my skin peel .
I have never had problem with this mineral make up making my skin worst. If my skin is VERY dry i will just put moisturiser and this on top and my skin wont ever show the peeling. This normally happens with everything else i have used. Also my skin ( in winter ) will also get red and irritated sometime because of the retina and cold weather - and even moisturiser will bother my skin BUT NOT this foundation. I have used this item for about an year and so far this is the first winter my skin looks great . I used in summer Replenix sunscreen spray and on top this powder. And now i use Elta SPF41 sunscreen which is tinted and on top this again. My skin always look great.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how my skin looks with this foundation , very smooth and this last all day long. I use it with MAC 187 brush / or any other similar brush. But not flat top or any other brush that can pick to much powder. The only problem i have with this foundation is that you can't apply without making mess as falls everywhere. But i have learn my way so is not a big problem now. I use this after eye corrector and sunscreen and before eye concealer and blush.

About the colour - right ... I live in UK so i have no chance to try or check colours. I have being reading and checking google images to find out about the colours. So the first time i got this from swap was in shade ML40 which is OK for my skin tone but not perfect , and in fact what i'm still using till today is this shade . I'm around MAC 15-20 and i can wear peach , pink or neutral colours but not strong yellow ones. The ML40 suits me as tone but is tag to dark. I use self tanner on my face ones x week so this is why i m happy to care on with this shade. But for someone who have my skin tone and want perfect match - this will be tag to dark.
I also have this now in L20 and looks much better match . Much lighter BUT i still didn't try it on my face but just hand. So i can confirm that as tone is not as dark as the ML40 and better for skin around 15/20 but i can't comment on the undertone. Looks peachy tho.

BTW this product really last AGES. I have one jar that have been using everyday for the last year and still have more than half left. So i think the price is really good for the time that last.

ALSO i tried the compact version and hate it. Is much different than the loose one. Not as nice to apply either same effect on the skin.

I really suggest if you never tried this to go ahead. As i said i m super PICKY and i ABSOLUTELY LOVE this mineral make up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing, wonderful, miraculous foundation- just way too orangey! I have extremely sensitive, pale yellow skin that breaks out with almost anything. I've tried high-end (Sisley) to mid- (Dior) to low end, with minimal success. I love Lorac Natural Performance foundation, but wanted a light powder foundation for off days. Usually, mineral powders look ashy or don't last on me. This is absolutely perfect- except for the shades! It has natural coverage, doesn't transfer, lasts perfectly, has no bismuth oxychloride and makes my skin look amazing. Unfortunately the L10 is WAY to orangey on my NW15 skin. Usually I can get away with a little bronzer on my neck, but not this time. Devastating! PLEASE, Merle Norman, make a paler shade! I'd be a devoted user for as long as you make it. *Sigh* such is life when you're pale

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great loose mineral foundation/finishing powder with very few ingredients, so fab for sensitive skin! My biggest complaint is the color choices. I wear L10, the lightest color and at NW15-NW20, I'm not considered pale or even very fair, more of a fair to light skin. I can not imagine anyone lighter than I am (or yellow/warm toned) would be able to wear this as a foundation as I think it is a little dark for me, but they might be able to use it as a finishing powder. Unfortunately most of Mere Norman's colors are quite dark or peachy toned and although they have good formulas, their idea of skin colors are very old fashioned even if their formulas are not.
If you do not like sparkles in your powder, also skip this one as the titanium dioxide level is very high. I use this one as a finishing powder, and with a light hand, it is very pretty indeed and as with most mineral powders, looks better as the day goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by zvalentia

This is literally the ONLY makeup that doesn't break me out. It doesn't containt bismuth, talc, or mica. It's truly organic, and should be touted across the globe as the BEST foundation ever made.

I've literally tried every kind of makeup: BareMinerals, Lancome Teint Miracle, Erno Laszlo's excuse for foundation, Philosophy's Tinted Moisturizer, Laura Mercier Foundation. Bobbi Brown liquid foundation, etc.

If you have sensitive/acne-prone skin you will LOVE this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Chalupa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. I have also used the Merle Norman loose version and love that, too. This product does not accentuate pore and fine lines, dry out your skins, etc. It's like magic what is does for you face, although you look like you are not wearing makeup. I am relatively new to Merle Norman, but I have to say that pretty much everything I have tried, I simply love. Their products are high quality, long lasting and not unreasonably priced. I am lucky to have a store within 10 miles of my home.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by KatelynRae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this today and I can already tell I am going to have to return it. Luckily the lady at the counter said they normally don't do returns, but she was feeling "nice" and said I could return it if it isn't my color. I wouldn't call this nice orange hue on my face my exact color. I believe I was given L20 which surprised me because I am usually the lightest shade. If there was a color called White With a Touch of Pink, that would be my color. I also find that it doesn't provide enough coverage for my acne scarring. I am not expecting them to vanish, just a little more coverage would be nice. While it feels nice on my face, it doesn't look nice on me! On to the next one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by 1funnyface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this makeup!!!! I am now 55 years old and I have tried ALOT of foundations. But this is the one I will buy again and again. Once in awhile I'll try something different that I have at home or that my sister gave me and I always go back to this. It makes my skin look warm and radiant-really, it does. And I'm talking 5:30 am!! And it lasts and lasts-no more touching up during the day. I use M56 and now it's called Purely Mineral Makeup. And at this age, I have to be very careful that I don't look like "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane"-know what I mean? This is great stuff. And BTW, my mother has ALWAYS used MN Cleansing Cream-like FOREVER?? She's 92 and looks like a young 70 year old-think about it..........

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by nursedye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation provides pretty good coverage and doesn't tend to settle into lines. it also withstands a lot of humidity. What I don't like is that it is so shimmery. I prefer a little bit more of a matte finish. And I hate that when I try using this powder, it just goes everywhere and makes the biggest mess. This container has a lot of product and will last a long time. I only use this occasionally over my liquid foundation for nights out when i want a little bit of shimmer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No