Philips Sonicare Toothbrush

4.7

I've held out for the longest time but finally resorted to buying this after seeing years and years of coffee, tea, and soda-drinking take its toll on my teeth. Let me tell you that you'll never want to use a boring old manual toothbrush again after one usage of this! I actually look forward to brushing my teeth now. Haha! I have the Healthy White version and it thoroughly cleanses my teeth and gums but in the gentlest way possible. I like using the mini brush heads as it enables me to reach into the farthest parts of my mouth without making me gag. I'm not 100% sold on the whitening option but I did notice a brightening effect on my teeth. I also spend way less time on the dentist's chair now during my biannual oral prophylaxis. I've had mine for almost two years now, even dropped it a few times, and I've had no problems with it. But if the day comes (knock on wood!) that it conks out on me or the base becomes way too grotty (I live in a hot and humid tropical country and the rubber parts of the handle get dirties up easily. What I do is wipe it down with a Lysol wipe weekly), I'd repurchase in a heartbeat! It's crazy expensive for a toothbrush, but it's absolutely worth the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Incredible! I usually hate brushing my teeth and I feel unmotivated to brush them the majority of the time – I randomly came across toothbrushes online by accident (I have no idea how I did but thank God I did) and I researched Sonicare and I researched and watched multiple videos on it and its reviews. A few hours later, I went into my local pharmacy (Boots) as it was half price (I get my points, too!) and I registered it and charged it as soon as I got home. After it being fully charged, I brushed my teeth (I felt unconvinced to this point still) and after I finished, I was astounded by how clean my overall mouth felt, my teeth felt so clean! I used it on my tongue and I have never seen my tongue so clean in my life (no matter how vigorously I clean my tongue with my toothbrush). I enjoyed it so much, I cleaned my teeth again! I love the way it beeps after 30 seconds; indicating to move to another zone of your mouth. You will know when two minutes is up because it will stop. I love, love, love it! Would recommend! Only thing I regret, I didn't get it sooner!

This is a million times better than any other toothbrush (electric or otherwise) but I hate how often I have to replace the brush head to keep it making my teeth feeling so squeaky clean.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought my first one in 2010 after changing to a new dentist who was adamant I get one ahead of a hygienist appointment. My teeth and gum were in really bad shape and I needed to get a lot of work done.

Anyway, I got the toothbrush, bearing in mind I used to use Oral B electric toothbrushes before, and the difference was noticeable immediately. When adverts say you get that dentist clean feeling, this is not exaggerated. Your teeth truly are a new level of clean. The toothbrush and regular hygienist visits have turned my teeth around.

My toothbrush only broke about three days ago, so 5 years later!! The performance did not drop over the years and it cleaned just as well as it did when I first bought it. I've always said that, if my toothbrush broke, I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat. That's exactly what I did. My new Diamond version in pink is even better :-)!

Where to begin? I purchased the FlexCare toothbrush a few years ago. It worked great for a few months until the metal shaft that fits into the toothbrush head wore out. The ridge wore out to the point that it was flat with the rest of the shaft, which made the toothbrush wobble and no longer effective.

When I called customer service and explained what happened, they sent me a new toothbrush. This same problem happened for 5 toothbrushes! Rather than fixing the problem, their solution was to send me a new toothbrush. Their customer service rep told me that it's cheaper to just send out new toothbrushes than to fix the problem. Mind you, I'm the only one that uses the toothbrush and I brush 2-3 times per day.

I called on June 11, 2014 to report my issue again and was told someone will call me in 24-48 hours later. When nobody called, I called again the morning of 6/17 and spoke to Ally. Before pulling up my info, she said it probably went to the wrong "que", which is a very common problem. She apologized and said that someone will call me the same day. When nobody called that evening, I called and spoke to a "floor supervisor" named Melissa. She was extremely rude repeatedly interrupted me and attempted to speak over me. She stated that my issue again was sent to the wrong que and to wait another 48 hours. I asked her since I've been waiting 6 days and it's not my fault that they keep sending my issue to the wrong que, if she can escalate it. She said no and said there's nothing she will do further for me. After 3 more days of not receiving a phone call, I called and spoke to Sonya. Sonya broke the news to me that the "floor manager" Melissa did not send my request to the correct que and we would again be starting from scratch and she told me that I would have to wait another 48 hours for a return call. I questioned how a floor manager would hear my complaint, then make the same mistake, but of course, no ownership or accountability was established. Today is the 26th of June and it's been 6 days since I spoke to Sonya and nobody has called me back. I decided to attempt to get my problem handled via Chat, but Bryan and his supervisor Zack told me that they are not able to explain why nobody has followed-up with me, but assured me that someone will call me by the close of business on Monday, June 30th. Why should I expect a different result? They have "kicked the can down the road" with me for 15 days and all five employees that I've communicated with are in the wrong line of work! This company's toothbrush should have been recalled years ago and is a safety hazard. Their employee told me that himself!

I would NEVER buy any product from Philips again! I understand one employee being a bad apple, but all five? One of them being a floor supervisor too! This is not bad apples, this treatment of a customer is obviously acceptable and part of their culture. Just in case you think I'm making this up, my case number is 50-1640028453. If management cares and remedies the situation, I will update my post. Chances are they won't! Don't buy anything from Philips!!!!

I absolutely love my Sonicare toothbrush. It is truly fantastic and you can literally feel the difference with your tongue. I love love love my Sonicare and have been devoted for 2 years now.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have the Diamond Clean Sonicare and I love it. I get that dentist feeling after every use. From using a manual brush for years, I would now never be without my sonicare. The travel case it comes with it really handy which is an added plus!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

AMAZING! Only been using a few weeks and can already tell a huge difference in the whiteness of my teeth! I have the Diamond Clean one. It is crazy to think a toothbrush is $160 BUT it has a two and a half year warranty and I don't need to whiten my teeth if I use this so I think it's worth it!

I have had several of these toothbrushes and I think it is safe to say they are amazing! I received my first brush as a gift when I was 12, from my Dad, after my dentist said I wasn't brushing my teeth for long enough. It completely solved that problem and my teeth have never been whiter or healthier! After every brushing it feels like I just got back from the dentists. My dentists can't stop raving about my teeth and I haven't gotten a cavity yet! (Knock on wood). The only downside is that I have gone through 3 (all of them have died), my Dad thinks it has something to do with the circuits shorting out, fortunately they each have lasted 1-3 years. I recommend this to EVERYONE! You will not be sorry you bought this. It changes your teeth completely.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best toothbrush ever! I am on my second Sonicare toothbrush. I had the Sonicare Flexcare with UV sanitizer for 5 years and used the heck out of it. I just got a new Flexcare toothbrush and it is awesome. Once you've used a Sonicare toothbrush, you will not be able to go back to any other toothbrush. What I love about my Sonicare is not only how clean it gets my teeth but it's pretty much fool proof. Just select the setting you want (I always use "Sensitive") and brush your teeth until the cycle is completed. Most people don't brush their teeth for long enough to do them any good. I will always find the money to pay for a Sonicare toothbrush. $150 is a lot cheaper than paying for dental work! Oh, also please remember to change your brushhead every 3 months. If you're brushing your teeth twice a day, everyday, you will not be able to go longer than 3 months because those bristles will not be pretty at 4 or 5 or (gross) 6 months. A pack of 3 brushheads is about $30.

Popular Other Products