September 2, 2014 | 984 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by madalinasava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, it smells amazing! Strawberry sorbet or smth, amazing smile that lasts at least for a few hours. I bought it based on the hyper-reviews and I wasn't fooled this time.
Second, it does protect and give a beautiful, striking noticeable shine to the hair. Good quality product.
I already used it for a few months and not even half the bottle is consumed yet. It's kinda pricey, but based on how much it lasts, the price is kind of ok.

As CONS: the packaging!! Horrible! The top part (made of cheap glossy plastic) does not fit perfectly the bottle and keeps falling. And if by any means, the bottle gets in any other position that vertical, the liquid comes out (from around the pump or i don't know) !!
If i were to change smth in this product, the packaging would be! For this price, they could have done it so much better.

Overall, maybe I'll rebuy. That 'MAYBE' is not because of the bad quality, but because there are so many wonderful hair products in the world and I'd like to try more. This has not won me so completely to make it my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by icebabe86

Absolutely incredible stuff! I was actually on the verge of purchasing new hair straighteners as I thought they weren't performing very well but this product has changed all that.
I have naturally wavy hair cut in a bob which if it were long would look lovely but as it's a bob it needs straightening at the moment. No matter how much I straightened my hair would never stay smooth and sleek but just a few sprays of this amazing product and my hair looks smooth and glossy and perfectly straight!
I have used heat protection sprays before but never found one that worked very well, they are all too wet in consistency and my hair looked fried with most of them. I read the reviews on here for the tigi s factor spray but put off purchasing for a while due to the high price. Eventually I caved and bought it and I'm so pleased I did. It's worth every single penny and it's saved me 100 on new straighteners!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by flatteries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this almost two years ago based on the reviews I read here and I absolutely adore it. First of all, the smell- it's like delicious strawberry candy and I never get sick of it. I use this for blowdrying after using a serum or hair oil of some sort and it makes my hair extremely soft and smooth (and again, smell delicious). I notice a difference when I don't use it, my hair does not feel as good without it. It may just be the first hair product, aside from of course shampoo and conditioner, that I have actually finished and repurchased. I love it! Give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an outrageously priced, absolutely awesomely scented hair product that makes my hair a staticky mess. I love the fruity, sweet, candy scent, but that's about it. I've tried it on wet hair and dry hair, and before and after styling, but it always makes my thick, untreated hair full of static with negligible shine. Plus this stuff is laughably expensive.

Try Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum or Citre Shine Spray Laminator if you want a sweet, fruity scented serum or spray product that actually works for heat styling and shine!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Munecaz1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

TIGI S Factor Heat Defender Spray where have you been all my life? I've used so many products to try to tame my frizzy wild hair when I heat style and they've all left me disappointed....except for this one. I read the reviews before purchasing because it is kinda spendy. BUT.... it is totally worth it!!! I don't even use that much. Maybe a few light sprays around the head before flat ironing and I'm good to go!! I use it with Beyond The Zone Smooth Criminal leave in spray/blow drying balm & my hair is silky smooth & smells so yummy!! Would definitely recommend & will buy again when I run out :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by seasonsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Get this stuff if u want healthy-looking, sleek snd shiny hair ! This truly protects your hair from heat damage!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Judbbb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Got this today after running out of my ghd product. I can only say that I wish I'd found this product earlier!its amazing!!!!!!!it is expensive but as always you get what you pay for !my hair looks and feels great!im so impressed !well done tgi!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Bclancy

I bought this because of the great reviews here. At the time, I clearly needed some kind of heat protectant, as I had just started using a curling iron every day and could already see damage starting to happen. At $33 before tax this is easily the most I've ever paid for a styling product. Is it worth it? Well for one thing, I haven't noticed any more heat damage since I've been using it. And even if I use too much product, after ironing my hair just looks glossy, never greasy or limp. In fact I like this quite a lot. The only problem is, I bought this a month ago and the bottles already more than half gone. Now this isn't a product you have to saturate your hair with to get it to work. It's just that, as with any product, I find I end up using more than needed to be sure I haven't missed any areas.
Because of this and the high price tag, I tried several drugstore heat protectants (Organix and John Freida) but neither of them gave me the protection and the lovely glossiness that S Factor did. The first one made my hair sizzle on the iron and the second one was very heavy and came in a pump bottle instead of a spray can. So while it works fine for wet hair when I blow dry, it just made my hair feel weighed down and greasy when used before curling. So I ended up going back to S Factor Flat Iron Defender. Now that I'm using it again I've been trying to use less by just using one spritz on a section of hair, then running my fingers through to spread the product evenly. I seem to be have reasonable success at using less product, so we'll see how long this bottle lasts me. I will repurchase when I run out, but continue to look at other heat protectants. If I switch to something I like better, will edit.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! Bought it because of all the reviews here. My hair is colored, highlighted, flat ironed to death, damaged, dry, frizzy, easily broken and brittle! This product turned back 20 years on my hair. I'm 44 and after using this product my hair SHINED and was silky and laid flat and had swing and movement just like it did when i was 22 and had no chemical processing done to it. Almost brought tears. Never thought i'd see my hair like that again especially at this age! No greasiness at all by the way. I sprayed the Tigi when my hair was wet. I air dried it. And in the morning i sprayed it again on dry hair and then flat ironed. WOW! The mist comes out so fine.. it's almost like a cloud.. barely there. But once you run a flat iron over it, it makes the hair look like those hair commercials. I kid you not! SO happy i bought this. It's SO expensive though. Yikes! I do see the bottle lasting a while though because you don't use much. A few sprays and that's all you need so i guess you do get your money's worth. It just hurts to lay down $32 in one shot though. But at Ulta, with coupons and points you can get it for $24 or so. As far as the packaging... i kept reading MUA comments about how bad it is etc. It's really not people. Come on. It's a plastic bottle with a spray nozzle. Honestly dont see what the big complaints are about. Overall, perfect product! BUY IT! Im excited to try the shampoo and conditioner by Tigi also. Now if only i could find a face cream to turn back 20 years like this product did to my hair.... Hmmmmm...........

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by zeppelindoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing smells AMAZING. I've never used another hair product that smells as good. My friend gave me a hug and said I smelled like a cherry Icee, but I think it smells more like strawberry sorbet.

I straight iron my hair on most days and this left my hair feeling soft and shiny. It is a really great product, but really, really expensive! This retails for $30 at regular price. I found it on Amazon for about $21, but still very pricey for something I would normally use up in a few months time.

The packaging is awful, which is why I gave it four lippies instead of five. I had only used about 1/3 of the bottle when it got knocked over from my bathroom counter (3 feet tall, at most) onto the floor and shattered due to the flimsy packaging. I'm a klutz and I've dropped many of my lotion bottles/hair products/makeup jars, etc. but none of them have ever broken before. I was so sad to have lost it and I haven't purchased another because of the hefty price tag. I went to Target and got another heat protectant for $7 instead.