September 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Powder - Meow Cosmetics - Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Lulabelle13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an absolute HG foundation for me. I use the flawless feline foundation in sleek chausie.

The color chart on their website is helpful and I was able to find a great match after ordering a few samples. They have comparisons to popular brands' foundation shades to give you an idea of where to start and there is a large selection of colors. There are several different undertones (cool pink, warm pink, beige, olive, etc.) and each of those is offered in 6 different shades. I have trouble finding foundations pale enough for me but I am actually not the lightest shade in this brand.

The coverage is the best of any mineral make up I have tried, including BE and EDM. I don't think powders can achieve as heavy coverage as liquid or cream foundations, but this is pretty good and very buildable. It does start to look powdery if too much is applied. I apply with a kabuki brush and it covers small pimples/ discolorations, but not under eye circles or very red spots.

My skin tends to be very sensitive and I have not had any problems with this product. It has not caused any breakouts of irritation for me. With BE I had a lot of itching.

Overall this is a good every-day foundation for me. It is easy and quick to apply, lasts all day, and gives nice medium coverage that looks like natural skin. I have been using it for several months and still have a ton left in the container. I will re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Two layers of this applied with a flat top powder brush and I almost have full coverage, I feel confident wearing this alone. Fantastic oil control and no breakouts; I just don't like the loose powder form but it's worth the sacrifice seeing as I don't need to reapply during the day and of course the colour selection is extraordinary for pale skin. I wear The 0 Siamese shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you're looking for full coverage then this is NOT it! I spent over $30 just on samples hoping to find that most perfect match that every woman seems to want. I fall between 2 Frisky Siamese (a little too pink on me) and 1 Sleek Sphynx (looked white on my skin when swatched).
Now maybe I could look past actually not being able to find my perfect color match, but the fact that you have to spend $10 or more on your purchase in order for your purchase to be processed and samples are $1 per bag, which are skimpy and not much product imo-(So many other companies such as Lucy Minerals offer generous samples) BUT- this product is a horrible misrepresentation of what the product itself is suppose to be: FULL COVERAGE!! It's not full coverage at all! And the lack of customer service, about 2 weeks to process my order, waiting and checking my email constantly to see when my order shipped was annoying. I understand this is a small Indie company but at least a heads up to the customer saying your order may take 2 weeks to process would be appreciated.

I have been searching for my HG in the mineral makeup world for some time now and Meow is the one company I seem to be fuming about the most because of all the money I wasted in samples alone and was still not able to find a perfect match even though Meow offers 36 colors to the fairest of skin tones to the darkest of skin tones. And yet me, who is light skinned, not fair, with very slight yellow undertones, not dominate pink or peach and maybe a tad neutral or warm toned could not find a color match. Sigh. You'd think with all the color selection someone like me would be able to find a match but nope, wasn't able to. I even swatched the samples several times on my face just be sure.
I've tried Bare Minerals (HATE!! And offers no coverage), EDM (ok, offers more coverage than Meow but not the kind of coverage I desire), Lucy Minerals (LOVE! But not an exact perfect match), Aromaleigh (way too chalky!) and other brands that I can't remember off the top of my head but my bathroom is full of samples, the grave site of laid to rest of samples I have tried and hated (other than Lucy Minerals).
I had such high expectations of this mineral foundation and I'm severely disappointed in the lack of coverage and the inability to find a match for my skin even though there's 36 colors to choose from. Today I applied my EDM in the color Ivory (an almost perfect match) and was able to get full coverage with just a tiny amount of product used.
(I LOVE Lucy Minerals, it's definitely full coverage but I get REALLY shiny as time goes on and I don't have oily skin but I do have combination skin, with a few breakouts and some acne scarring and I have not been able to find that perfect skin match that I'm craving. Pale Olive and Light seem to be the best color matches for me but not perfect.) Lucy is what I will be comparing all the other brands I sample to from now on because I have never been able to find a full coverage foundation until I tried Lucy Minerals. Maybe that's why my expectations weren't met from Meow?
I'm not planning on throwing away my samples, I might try tinkering around with them again just to see if I can get the coverage I'm craving but I'm doubtful. And I refuse to mix 2 colors together considering that there are 36 colors available so I SHOULD be able to find a match
I will be sampling foundation from Signature Minerals next and hopefully will find that perfect color match from them with the full coverage I desire.
I had high expectations for this because of the reviews on here. I'm so disappointed :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Petra345

I am so amazed with this mineral powder foundation! Meow is, by far, the best mineral make up brand I have ever used. I was using Jane Iredale Amazing Base on and off for the last 3 years because JI was suggested to me by a dermatologist 3 years ago, so I figured I might as well use it.. Amazing Base never had the coverage and finish I was looking for, and was quite expensive here in Croatia (AB jar was/is about 55$). So for a while I quit using minerals and switched to Clinique's Stay Matte foundation, which I love, but I just prefer the way minerals feel on the skin. With liquid foundation I always end up feeling greasy and oily. Then a friend suggested Meow, I googled, ordered and boom! I'm in love. I got two full size jars (Frisky Abyssinian and Frisky Manx) and a Munchkin jar in Frisky Korat. I love all of them, I can mix them, or use one shade, blend and voila! It covers all of my imperfections, spots, red areas, it does not look powdery at all, just a flawless, polished, semi matte, slightly dewy, beautiful look! And Meow is silicone free, that is a huge plus for me, since I prefer silicone free products (and JI uses silicones). Also, the price... What can I say about the price except that you get 2,5 times more product for half of the price, comparing to JI.. Girls, order Meow, those 5 ladies deserve it! And yes, the packaging is cute and travel friendly!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been an Everyday Minerals (EDM) customer for years. After I ran out of my last full size (about 6 months ago), I've been trying dozens of other foundations to find the *perfect* one. I tried a bunch of liquid foundations, which look and smell like paint to me now. I like the applications and the ingredients of mineral foundations. Somehow I found out about Meow Cosmetics and decided to give it a shot. I can't help but compare Meow to EDM in this review.

Everyone talks about the cheap $1 samples, but you need a minimum order of $10 and they charge you $4.35 for shipping. That means you are paying $14.35 for SAMPLES. Compare that to EDM which charges you nothing for the samples and $2-3 for shipping.

I used Meow's color help service and they suggested Siamese, Abyssinian, and Korat in the 0 and 1 depth. I skipped over the 0 depth entirely and managed to get 1 depth ("Sleek") in Siamese, Abyssinian, and Korat, plus 2 depth ("Frisky") Korat from somone in a swap. I wasn't even able to assess Abyssinian becasue it was so light, almost white. It would have looked ghoastly. Korat seems to be a decent match, but I'm between Sleek and Frisky in depth. I'm not willing to buy 2 right now, so I ordered a full size of Frisky Korat in the Pampered forumla and hope for the best! I placed my order 10 days ago and I haven't received it yet, nor have I gotten confirmation of shipping. I realize that I purchased it during a sale but I think it's not unreasonable to expect to get the things you ordered within a week. I've since run out of my Korat samples and went on to Siamese while I wait, and I'm surprised how nice it looks as a full application. Many people are saying that if you want Flawless you need an exact match. I think even with Flawless, there are probably a few matches which would look good on you. Siamese seems to be the one that gets recommended to everyone to at least try.

I find that the Flawless formula is not very heavy, but kind of a medium coverage. It seems to disappear into my skin, which makes me feel that this is more of a powder than a foundation.

I took a photo of myself with EDM and it looked very obvious on my skin, thick, powdery, and a bit yellow. In general, EDM has an awful color selection (although they did introduce a new color organization scheme yesterday) - disorganized, extreme colors (some were very pink, extremely yellow, or gray). Meow organizes the colors in a way that makes sense and offers 86 colors in 3 formulas, plus pure white in case you need it. After I compared it to a photo of myself wearing Meow, I decided to go with Meow. It looked very natural on my skin (BUT it doesn't seem to cover as much either).

The things I prefer about EDM: the website, fast shipping, the price of samples
The things I prefer about Meow: the number of colors, true color matches, and the finish.
If only these two companies could merge and combine the best of both worlds...!

Meow also does not have a return policy, which troubles me. I have never EVER returned a cosmetic for any reason. If I don't like it, I live with it. But the fact that they don't even have that option is strange. Slow, slow processing time. Excessively priced samples. And a website which could do with some modernization and a professional graphic designer. Nevertheless, this seems to be a quality product, with skin-friendly ingredients, a large color selection, and reasonably priced for full-sized products. I could see myself becoming a regular customer.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

YOOOOOOOO CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH HELL YEAH FOR THIS FOUNDATION

This is going to be a long-winded and somewhat rambly review because I feel like I need to add in as many details as possible, so if you make it to the end I will give you a cookie. Or if you don't like cookies, some steamed brocolli or something.

Iím still on my sample baggie and have been using this for about a week now (just placed my order for the full size). Not the longest time to wait to review a foundation, but when Iím trying something new on my face Iíll know if itís not going to jive with my skin and cause breakouts for me or any other such tom foolery annoyances within the first couple days.

For starters, my skin type is very oily, very VERY fair, sensitive, and I donít really get breakouts anymore but still the occasional threesome of blemishes popping up here and there. And I am just so sick of liquid and cream foundations. Settling into pores and lines, separating by mid-day, and even the ones that promise an eternal matte finish breaking out in a gosh dang oil spill after 4 hours no matter what primer or setting powder I tried. By the time I got home from work my foundation always just looked janky as hell, and my face just looked tired because of the foundation. And not to mention that it seems to be a universal thing in drugstore (and even high-end brand foundations) that everyone is either yellow or straight-up diaper rash pink.

I heard about this company after a google search for pale foundations and someone on some forum had mentioned the brand so I checked it out. And holy hellsecks they have a ton of foundation shades (86 if weíre being exact here) and a buttload of undertones (13) and depths (6) to choose from. Sample baggies are $1 each and please, dear lord have mercy PLEASE get samples before you order a full size. The lighter coverage formulations are a bit more forgiving but if you're getting the Flawless Feline, it needs to be a pretty dang exact match. You think youíre one shade but it turns out youíre something completely different. And, to be honest, I always brushed off mineral or other powder foundations because they just didnít make sense to me, I donít know why. I always just thought ďWhat? Powder? How is that going to give any coverage or even stay on your face?Ē HOW WRONG AND FOOLISH I WAS, MON CHERI.

I got my sample shades all in the Inquisitive range and the perfect (and I literally mean PRRRRFECT) match for me is Inquisitive Manx. Flawless Feline version (well, duh, otherwise why would I be writing the review for the Flawless) because I love me a good full coverage foundation. And lemme tell you this - there are pretty much two types of pale skin: normal pale skin, and then translucent pale skin. The latter of the two is an absolute arse to try to match a foundation to because if it's not a perfect match, it's really hard to make that foundation work with your skin. Underneath the black hair dye I am a natural redhead with that translucent skin, but this matched perfectly and just makes my skin look amazing.

I use a smaller, somewhat dense kabuki brush to apply it and it just melts into the skin when youíre buffing it on. Covers my redness, evens out skintone, and after the initial buffing I go back in with a bit more of the foundation to apply it to areas where I get extra red, like around the nose and mouth. After it settles for a few minutes it just looks so good. Also the coverage seems to go up after it's settled for a couple minutes, so give it a little time before going back in and putting more on. Does it look like youíre wearing foundation? Well, yeah, because it makes the skin look pretty flawless, but it doesnít make you look like youíre wearing foundation in a bad way (if that even makes sense). And it just looks like great skin, dare I say even somewhat airbrushed. You DO have to use a light hand though because apply too much and it won't look so pretty.

It doesn't feel heavy on the face. I was actually really surprised at how light it feels, I guess because I'm so used to "full coverage" meaning that heavy feeling on the skin. It really feels almost like I have nothing on my face.

On to the issue of oiliness - I use this with their Oily Skin Primer and it looks great all day. I put this on at around 8AM this morning, it's now 10:50PM, still lookin' good. A little sheen, but more of a..."skin" sheen rather than an oily sheen if you know what I mean. Doesn't look oily, just looks like natural skin, and the texture has stayed mostly the same as well.

After I take it off my skin still looks good, too. It doesn't look like it's been suffocating all day under a mask.

I also don't notice a smell with it when sticking my nose into the baggie.

If you got through this entire review, thanks for reading. I'm just so in love with this I can't help but ramble a little. After my full size jar comes, I plan on just tossing out my old foundations because I really have no desire to try anything else now. Not even a brand advertising a foundation using Tom Hanks riding a 3-headed camel with dragon wings into the sunset with wild promises of perfection could snag me in to try something.

I'll be uploading some photos tomorrow sometime of swatches, how it looks on the skin after applying, and also how it looks after most of the day.
-------------------------------
*** ADDITIONAL DETAILS ABOUT UPLOADED PHOTOS: In the swatches it looks like Manx wouldn't fit my skin, but my arms are much darker than my face (I'm guessing because I wear an SPF on my face everyday and because skin is just weird like that). I have a couple more photos of swatches to upload when I can find my card reader (I took these on my phone). Meow also carries the shade Snow Lynx which is pure white with no undertones, so if you find an undertone that matches but it's even too dark still, just mix some in!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried samples from this site once before, and I wasn't really blown away with their foundation. My purpose of my first order was to get some of the -amazing- blushes after seeing beautiful swatches online. I got some face samples - just because.

My second time around, I figured I would give these a better shot. My tried and true foundation never really matched me, and I was tried of mixing to get my shade every single day. I needed something easier.

Firstly, their foundation charts are INSANE, in a good way! There are even foundation matches based from other brands, so transitioning is easier. Along with the detailed descriptions given, I pretty much had my shade from my first order! I love that your color has a shade range, so you can go lighter, or darker with ease. No more mixing (hopefully!). This site has the best shade range I've seen anywhere, in stores or online. I've also never had a foundation that actually matched ME before. I'm blown away by this! I'm neutral, leaning yellow, and Frisky Siamese is just right. Why did I gave up on this in my first order?!

For me, this has build-able coverage. Major acne scarring will not be covered up with one layer (at least mine won't). This has nothing to do with quality issues. I've used MM for years, from several brands, and layering for coverage has always been a must.
Layering is pretty easy, though, and it leaves out the need for concealer. I never feel like I have a heavy face, even after hours of wear. My acne, and or scaring, is TOTALLY covered with this.

I also use dense kabuki brushes. The Eco Tools retractable (retracting it in can make this super dense when I need it), and the Eco Tools Bronzing Dome brush are both great. If you're looking for super full coverage, a dense brush is a must as well.

I do set with a pressed powder, or cornstarch, and this lasts until I wash it off. All day long! I've used this for about a week, and I'm sold.

My samples came in baggies, which are annoying, but cheap and functional - so whatever. The big jars look adorable on the site, so I will comment when mine comes!

There is a $10 minimum you have to spend on the site when you place an order. With a small company, I understand the need for that, but be warned. There is also a commit to order prompt that you must agree to, stating no changes can be made once the order goes through. I'm not sure why this policy is in place either, but the three times I have ordered, I've never encountered an issue.

Glad I gave this another go!! Won't use anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by KatKoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

ABOUT MY SKIN: I am extremely pale with minor skin problems including mild rosacea. I have this in Inquisitive Chartreux. I have combo skin, but my dry areas are very dry.

PACKAGE - This is a way bigger container than any other mineral foundation I've ever encountered! The design is a little quaint, but I like that. It comes in a cute bag too!

VALUE - Good grief!! I have had mine for over a year and I do not feel like I have used any of it. There is an inordinate amount of product for the money!

APPLICATION - I have applied this with several brushes and all of them have worked well with this foundation. The only thing I think is important to say about applying this product, is go light. This stuff will make you look like you have a pound of makeup on, even if you only put a tiny bit. Be careful!

WEAR - I don't use a primer, but I would suggest that most people should. It will last all day on my face, unless I touch it. In which case, I will remove some onto my finger where I rubbed/scratched my face.

FINISH - Very, extremely natural. This is one of the more natural looking products I have ever used, provided that you apply it lightly. There is very little to no shimmer and it seems to even and smooth out my face.

COLOR RANGE - This is where Meow has got it covered! The have more than 80 colors or something like that. If you are extremely pale and can't find any other suitable foundation, please try this! There are also several undertone options, which is great if you are on the extreme end of the color spectrum, because you can find a true match!!

FACIAL CARE - If you want to use this foundation, you have to ensure that you are exfoliated and moisturized or you will have a lot of problems with it.

IRRITATION - I am sensitive to almost everything I put on my skin. But even though this does contain mica, it has never been problematic for me. Other foundations have caused me to break out, but this one leaves my skin very healthy looking.

OVERALL - Get yourself some samples and fall in love with this foundation.

NOTE - I tried the lighter version of this foundation, Pampered Puss, and found that it was much more shimmery (which is not my personal preference.)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by moushka26

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meow's Flawless Feline is a very good, medium-to-full coverage loose powder foundation without bismuth and is therefore unlikely to cause skin irritation. It's comes in 86 shades; samples are available for $1 each to help you find your best shade. After a lot of trial and error, I found my shade in Frisky Sphynx (NW20). The powder adheres well to my angled kabuki, does not puff back at me, and provides a gorgeous, natural finish. After applying the rest of my makeup, I spray with a tiny bit of Fix+. With setting powder (Meow's Equilibrium Balancing Powder all over and MAC's blot powder on my forehead) I get through most of my day with a lovely finish and a few dabs of blotting paper around my nose at lunch. The foundation is not undetectable; you will look like you're wearing something on your face, but the ability to match your skin tone exactly means you'll look like a polished version of your best self.

With so many shades over three depths of coverage, it can be daunting to find your shade. If you're a bit of a perfectionist, patient, and realize that samples are a necessary evil, you should be able to find your perfect match. This is not an instant-gratification process but it's been worth it to me.

A warning about Meow's customer service policies, which you are asked to read before placing an order: there are no returns, exchanges, credits, or amendments to orders. Once you press that "pay" key, you're committed. I found this out the hard way. I'd be happier with friendlier customer service policies, but I the excellence of the product speaks for itself. Meow is generous with gift samples and the purchased samples, while small (1/4 tsp), are sufficient to let you make a decision about the shades. Although I love the powder itself, the lack of a twisty lid over the inner powder sifter is annoying and, along with the customer service policies, is why I deducted one lippy from my overall rating.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by flatula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Meow Cosmetics foundations! Flawless Feline is very full coverage and is very matte. After about 6 months of use (in combination with the OCM), my acne cleared up and I don't need full coverage anymore, so I've since switched to Pampered Puss (medium coverage) version. The price is great, lasts forever; only downside is finding the perfect shade when ordering online (you can get samples for $1 each, but I had to spend about $20 in samples to find a good shade for me). This has more coverage than the concealers they sell, so you may want to save $ by using this as concealer.