September 21, 2014 | 1967 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by zaprina

I had been reading reviews and watching reviews on this product for literally a month before buying it. And I finally bought it yesterday! It makes my skin perfect looking. It also has kept me dry, because I have combination skin, so I love that. I do not like the packaging; I would prefer a pump and it oxidized on me (in my opinion) my sister said it didn't but I think it did. They didn't have my perfect match, I'm in the middle of 30 and 35 but overall I really love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by laurenmoody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. Before this foundation I never wore anything on my face besides a full coverage powder, and I am now realizing ive been missing out! I have extremely oily skin and also very acne prone skin. As a nurse who works 12 hr shifts, my makeup was always flawless when I started the shift, then 6-7 hours in I became a greasy mess! With this product I dont have to blot throughout the day, nor do I need to retouch at all. Ive also noticed that over the past 2 weeks I have not experienced any new breakouts (and my skin normally reacts very quickly when it irritated due to a new product). I feel that a little bit goes a long way with this product. I usually use about a pea-size, dot it around my face and blend it in with my beauty blender. Due to my oily skin I always need to set with a powder, so I use the duo mat powder, and I have flawless skin for hours. Much better than when I just used Clinique's Perfectly Real powder. I would definitely say to moisturize your skin very well prior to use, since it is so matte. You also will need to stick to an exfoliating regimen of maybe once to twice a week. But overall, aside from the price, I give this product a thumbs up! I will be purchasing again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by kayelem

On my second bottle. I love that the packaging is plastic so I don't have to worry about dropping it and having it break. I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. On one hand I can use the tiniest drop and it will cover my whole face with that thick I have just put on foundation look. A few hours later however, it fades and it looks like I have nothing on. I think my foundation has slid off but when I test it with a cotton swab and it will still be there, a silent partner, that makes my skin look sort of better.

Do not use this with a brush. Fingers for full coverage or damp blending sponge to sheer it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this foundation! I have VERY VERY oily skin, and I know that I am covered when I use this. Its also very buildable coverage wise, and for days that I don't have time to use concealer this stuff comes through for me. :) I will be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by huttoncg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product dried out my skin which is unusual because my skin is very oily. It was very difficult to blend because it dried very fast on my skin and caused me to break out in cystic acne... definitely returning.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 More reviews by lexibebe26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had heard a lot about this foundation, which was why it was the first thing I picked up when I went to Sephora back in November. Around January, my skin switched from oily to extremely dry, which didn't work well with this foundation. It was extremely drying on my already dry skin, and caked up on my dry patches, as well as had some sort of odour, which wasn't that bad, but it was noticeable. It was very blendable and did have good coverage, as well as having very sleek looking packaging, which was good for travelling because of how small and thin it was.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by mooncosmicpower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product, this is my favorite foundation I have ever used. It is a medium coverage, but you can definitely make it into a full coverage if you would like. Make Up For Ever makes the best foundations in my opinion. I have acne and very oily skin and this product keeps me mostly matte throughout the entire day. The formula is kind of thick, but it does not feel heavy on my face at all, and dries to a matte finish. I still always like to set my foundation because I am very oily. Sometimes I have to add powder to my t-zone area after 7+ hours, but that is expected. Overall I feel the quality of this product is amazing. The only thing I really have to complain about this product is that it is a bit on the pricey side, and the packaging is not my favorite. When you get to the end of the product it gets really hard to squirt out. I wish it was a plastic or glass bottle instead, and that it had a bit more product in it because it doesn't seem like there is that much in it. A bottle usually lasts me 3 months using it every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros
- Great color match, especially for my fair skin-tone. Better color match than MUFE HD foundation.
- Great staying power - no need for powder on top
- Reasonable price, especially in comparison to other high end foundations

Cons
- Cakey at times, no matter how much I did or did not moisturize. It depends on the day and how my skin is that day. Worked well in the summer during hot/humid temperatures.

Other Comments
- works well with cream blush, which with other foundations may make me look too oily.
- overall, I'm on the fence. I really like that it can stay put all day (depending on my skin that day) but I do not like the cake-iness at times that appears later. Moisturize really well with this foundation. Overall good and worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by caldiva42

I just purchased my 2nd bottle of this in #65. 1st bottle lasted over a year and half! This IS my HG in the summer when I'm in extremely hot heat and I need more coverage than a TM or BB. I use a pea size amount and my beauty blender and it covers like a charm! On days I need a little more coverage due to scaring or break out I use another 1/2 pea size and let it work it's magic! I am combo/oily and use the Lorac Porefessional Primer, UD All Nighter setting spray, and this stays put about 12hrs with very little shine break through. I do NOT have to touch up the makeup at all and it doesn't slide off my face.

For those who say the dry patches show up, make sure you exfoliate and moisturize well and you won't have any problems with that.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Blair13Bear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wanted this to be my HG foundation but my biggest problem with it is I have to use A LOT of product to get any coverage. Every review I have seen says the tiniest bit goes the longest way but I don't see how that's possible. I have used every make up brush I have as well as my beauty blender and nothing applies this well. I have also tried layering this on top of different primers and I never get anywhere near the coverage that I want. When I got color matched the girl at Sephora seemed to have a difficult time matching me to this product as well. I gave it two lippies just for the fact that I think it is SLIGHTLY more mattifying than some other foundations but not nearly mattifying enough. I also enjoy the packaging of the product... I would not recommend this product to anyone with any dry patches on your face or to anyone that has skin issues (acne, acne scars) I have maybe 3 break outs at most and I have minimal acne scarring on my jawline from hormonal acne in my teen years and this product isnt able to cover any of it at all. I dont expect miracles and I know I need concealer but seriously? How can a foundation that is promoted to be full coverage not even cover a tiny, light acne scar even a little. Such a waste of money. I wouldn't waste your time with this product!