Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 5/27/2015 6:48:00 PM

Beautiful matte finish when my face is 100% moisturized, but my face has always been more dry than oily. Not for very dry skin!

on 5/26/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this based on great reviews. I am glad I finally tried it and will definitely repurchase and recommend. I am combination-oily NC45 in MAC and picked up shade 70 Caramel in this. The colour match is good but not perfect. It is ever so slightly too dark in winter but when blended looks fine year round.

I avoided this for a long time and tried the HD MUFE instead (disaster though it turned out to be) because the name suggested a heavy and cakey finish. It isn't at all. It sets to a slightly-more-mat-than-satin finish and looks like skin. Nearly undetectable. It also has very good coverage. Unless I'm going for a completely flawless finish, I don't need concealer on top of this. I don't have any major concealing to do anyway so that might not be saying much, but still. This doesn't do anything to help smooth pores or lines so I suggest using it with a primer if those are things you want to conceal.

I love the water proof formula that truly doesn't budge or transfer. I've tried this with a few brushes and a beauty blender. I prefer a brush and have equal success with stippling and buffing brushes. I use a large pea size for my whole face and after a whole winter of use, it's still going strong. I apply this on top of primer, I do not powder to set nor touch up or blot during the day. When I get home 11 hours later there is no separation even in my oiliest zones, a slight shine and minimal settling. Knowing that I go about my day without having to check my face or touching up is worth a lot to me.

The price is definitely high end and the packaging isn't glam, but this is the best liquid foundation I've ever used. It has great coverage, is light weight and wears fantastically. As much as it stands up to the oil in my t-zone is doesn't accentuate any of the dryness on my cheeks or settle into fine lines. I have dozens of foundations and this is one of the few that I would not only repurchase hypothetically but will definitely not be without.

on 5/21/2015 5:48:00 PM

I have a acne-prone skin.My t-zone is oily.
I like a matte finish on my face but i also want my foundation to look not too fake and this foundation really worked for me.First i applied the product with sephora's must- have foundation but it seemed very cakey then i applied it with real techniques expert face brush and it looked so much more natural on me.My advice is to you you should apply this with sth like expert face brush or you may use fingers too.
note.You should use definitely a primer if you want it to look and stay better.

on 5/8/2015 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately, I got the wrong shade for this and it makes my face a little orange-y. Not sure if the shade I got was really on the orange side or the shades turn orange-y once applied, though.

Taking the colour out of the equation, I really did like this stuff. It feels like second skin and it didn't break me out or give me closed comedones. It's dries matte, but not the serious, obvious kind. If you have good skin to begin with and put a little of this, it will probably look like you have no foundation on. It is light and easy to apply, great if you don't have a lot of blemishes to conceal. It can still cover light blemishes, though. I don't think this stays put for a long time. This will probably be gone by the sixth or seventh hour.

If my skin gets clearer, I'll probably buy this stuff again and make sure I get the ride shade for my skin. This is the foundation I can wear to the beach and not look like I have tons of makeup on.

on 5/2/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This starts off quite well and then very quickly becomes a not mess! I've tried it twice and each time I can't wait to take it off because it looked and felt so oily. It's also too cakey. Going in the bin..

on 4/29/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Truly the only foundation Iíve experienced that matches my skintone. Iíve tried so so so many others and they look almost right but then when Iím out in sunlight, they show up orange or 3 shades too dark. This is perfect. I use the light shade í15í and it matches my skin well. The best thing about it is that itís good pretty good coverage. I would say itís more full than medium, but not so much that you canít thin it out. I like to apply with a damp sponge. The best thing to do prior to applying is to exfoliate gently, moisturize, and prime! If you donít, the end result will be flaky and a patchy. Apply a tiny bit at a time and build from there. It will turn out better than slapping on a lot at once, which ensures that you donít end up looking like a mime (pale girls, listen!) Thtaís the only problem with this shade - if you put it on a little heavier, it can look very pasty and unnatural, so definitely add on a little at a time and moisturize so you get a more natural finish.

on 4/28/2015 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This looks really heavy on my skin even when I only put on a small amount. It just looks really cakey on me and I hate that. I did use it for a few months despite how bad it looked and I think it caused some breakouts. I used the whole bottle though and I won't be repurchasing.

on 4/20/2015 9:32:00 PM

I have bought this foundation twice and was disappointed both times. This foundation leaves me extremely shiny like I have a plastic film over my face after just a couple hours it separates and looks like I have a mask on! I have oily skin I thought maybe I didn't use it right the first time so a couple years later I got it again and I still hate it. Even with a primer and powder it still looks oily and cakey. I wish this worked on me like it does on everyone else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this and tried it out for the first time yesterday, and I have to say I was very pleased.
I have very oily skin and my makeup usually is just ridiculously shiny. I have tried matte finish foundations but they never really were a true matte finish, but this definitely is. Also I am very fair skinned (lighter than NC10) and it is hard for me to find my shade in foundation. This was an insanely amazing skin match that didn't oxidize ( that's a first for me, usually the pink undertones turn orange )

PROS:
Actually came in my shade and didn't oxidize
Didn't get oily and stayed matte
Didn't break my face out at all :) !

CONS:
I would NOT recommend to anyone with dry skin or dry patches at all, it will make them very obvious
Kind of expensive, I payed $36 for my bottle I think and you get about an ounce of product, which isn't a lot. I personally think it is worth it though.

on 3/29/2015 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

the coverage is decent; I like to apply with my fingers to waste less product and usually only need about a pea-sized amount to cover my entire face with medium coverage. this could certainly be built to full coverage, i'm sure. doesn't slide off your face but still settles into pores (primer is virtually a non-negotiable here if you have giant pores like me) and needs to be set with a really solid powder and/or touched up throughout the day.

overall I wasn't blown away by this stuff but will definitely update my review as time goes on since I just started using this a few weeks ago. I can say that it hasn't broken me out and does a good job of evening my skintone! but for $36 I have to say, I was expecting a bit more.