October 23, 2014 | 1170 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by EmilyJS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A good foundation, overall. I bought this because of the wide shade range - this is one of the VERY few foundations which is light enough for very fair people, and also I'd heard great things about the coverage. I love high coverage foundations and prefer matte also, so it was an easy decision to buy this. I will say, it definitely does tick all those boxes.

The lightest shade is by far the lightest foundation I've ever come across, though it has a pink undertone and I'm not fond of pink undertones, it's a really good match for me. It's lighter than Missha's perfect cover no.13, which I also have, and that'd be a good almost dupe for someone looking for very fair colours with a bit of coverage. It definitely has full coverage. It's not overly thick, but even a small amount will cover every imperfection and make you look like a doll. This foundation can pretty much double up as concealer.

My only problem with it is that it can easily cake on dry skin. If you're oily skinned then just ignore this last paragraph, but if you have normal-dry skin it can be a bit difficult to work with. You'll need to moisturise well, prime, then use a beauty blender, or just gently pat it on with finger tips or it WILL cake and accentuate dryness. I may repurchase this in the future for special events, but not right away as it's pretty expensive in Aus.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Caleeesi

I bought this from sephora for $42 CAD, which I think is a pretty reasonable price for a bottle of foundation. I've only had it for a few weeks but I can already tell it's going to be a favourite. The coverage is great and the lasting power is wonderful. The one thing I've noticed is that it can cling slightly to dry patches so I typically moisturize with argan oil about 10 minutes before makeup application, and then prime with my porefessional by benefit. The foundation lasts a full 8 hour retail shift and still looks like I first applied it. I also adore the packaging. I can throw this into my travel makeup bag and not worry about the bottle breaking. It's great so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lee2an

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to LOVE this foundation when I was in my 20's. I have combination skin, oily in T-zone. This foundation was able to keep my face matte and it stayed long during all those late night partying I used to have. I'm now in my 30's, maybe it's cuz the change in my skin or the color that I got.. It now goes on my skin pale, dry and flaky. It is good if you have oily/combination skin, but not for drier skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by yeahitsparisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally use makeup forever the regular HD foundation. I did not like this makeup at all. I don't swear much to begin with but with it being waterproof I was happy. It melts right off, when you touch your face it goes everywhere. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by zaprina

I had been reading reviews and watching reviews on this product for literally a month before buying it. And I finally bought it yesterday! It makes my skin perfect looking. It also has kept me dry, because I have combination skin, so I love that. I do not like the packaging; I would prefer a pump and it oxidized on me (in my opinion) my sister said it didn't but I think it did. They didn't have my perfect match, I'm in the middle of 30 and 35 but overall I really love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by laurenmoody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. Before this foundation I never wore anything on my face besides a full coverage powder, and I am now realizing ive been missing out! I have extremely oily skin and also very acne prone skin. As a nurse who works 12 hr shifts, my makeup was always flawless when I started the shift, then 6-7 hours in I became a greasy mess! With this product I dont have to blot throughout the day, nor do I need to retouch at all. Ive also noticed that over the past 2 weeks I have not experienced any new breakouts (and my skin normally reacts very quickly when it irritated due to a new product). I feel that a little bit goes a long way with this product. I usually use about a pea-size, dot it around my face and blend it in with my beauty blender. Due to my oily skin I always need to set with a powder, so I use the duo mat powder, and I have flawless skin for hours. Much better than when I just used Clinique's Perfectly Real powder. I would definitely say to moisturize your skin very well prior to use, since it is so matte. You also will need to stick to an exfoliating regimen of maybe once to twice a week. But overall, aside from the price, I give this product a thumbs up! I will be purchasing again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by kayelem

On my second bottle. I love that the packaging is plastic so I don't have to worry about dropping it and having it break. I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. On one hand I can use the tiniest drop and it will cover my whole face with that thick I have just put on foundation look. A few hours later however, it fades and it looks like I have nothing on. I think my foundation has slid off but when I test it with a cotton swab and it will still be there, a silent partner, that makes my skin look sort of better.

Do not use this with a brush. Fingers for full coverage or damp blending sponge to sheer it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this foundation! I have VERY VERY oily skin, and I know that I am covered when I use this. Its also very buildable coverage wise, and for days that I don't have time to use concealer this stuff comes through for me. :) I will be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by huttoncg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product dried out my skin which is unusual because my skin is very oily. It was very difficult to blend because it dried very fast on my skin and caused me to break out in cystic acne... definitely returning.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 More reviews by lexibebe26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had heard a lot about this foundation, which was why it was the first thing I picked up when I went to Sephora back in November. Around January, my skin switched from oily to extremely dry, which didn't work well with this foundation. It was extremely drying on my already dry skin, and caked up on my dry patches, as well as had some sort of odour, which wasn't that bad, but it was noticeable. It was very blendable and did have good coverage, as well as having very sleek looking packaging, which was good for travelling because of how small and thin it was.