December 22, 2014 | 1070 users online

Blush - MAC - Satin Blush - Well Dressed

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by avenged1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

In the pan it is a pretty, pastel, pale, pink (oops a lot of alliteration) with a blue undertone that seems like Saint Germain for your cheeks. I find it quite difficult to get this colour to show up on me, even though I'm very pale. I have to really build this colour to make it noticeable on my cheeks and even then it could be described as subtle at best. I can imagine darker skin tones may have difficulty noticing it.

The texture is soft, finely-milled but slightly powdery. When I try and build it I find it looks powdery to an extent. It fades throughout the day but has lasted between 3-6 hours.

If I lost it I doubt I'd replace it. I don't think I'll buy it again. I was disappointed as I thought it would be beautiful with dark smoky eyes and a natural lip.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Xxalea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Very delicate and I doubt it will be as visible on darker skin tones as it is on fair skin. It does give a subtle flush and looks very natural though. Definietly needs re-applicating throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by WindyJoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Still not sure...potential to be orangey like everything else. MY HG's are pink cult & full of joy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by swtlitchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perhaps this blush would work on fairer skin tones (I am NC35) but it is so sheer that I barely see any product when applying it to my face. It looks like a nice pink leaning towards a cool tone in the pan, but is simply too sheer to do much good. After a lot of layering and fussing, I'd rather just use a different blush! Staying power is minimal and I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ghostlypale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Once again, it is MUA, not Allure or any other magazine's "best of" list that points me to a stellar product I now can't live without. I would never have chosen such a bright, girly pink with shimmer no less without all the great advice contained in these rave reviews. I always go for brown-based pinks/peaches that look muddy in the pan but transform on the face into a blush/bronzer hybrid--they really help with the roundness of my face. But I apply them very sheerly with a duo-fiber brush, and the times I've gone too heavy I've had some unpleasant surprises in mirrors later in the day ("My face has GRAY streaks on it!" Too much MAC Blush All Day + fluorescent light = scary). The sheer application gives me some definition, but there are many days I feel I need an extra boost--days where I look in the mirror and seem to be disappearing in front of my own eyes. The addition of MAC Well-Dressed, applied lightly from the top of the apples to the highlight area of the cheek, really wakes up my face. It adds a "prettiness" factor and the shimmer gives a gentle glow. Even my eyes seem to have a little sparkle. It's feminine, and not at all over the top--in fact, it's hard to overdo. And I can use it with any of my muddy buddies--MAC Cubic, Buff or Tenderling, and of course, my beloved Tarte Exposed. It colors a bit and highlights a bit in one easy step. FANTASTIC! Thanks, everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Iv'e had this a long time and still loving it as much as when it was all shiny and new. This is a perfect light cotton candy pink / dolly pink. The great thing about this blush is that it is so forgiving - you can apply lashings of this with just about any brush you throw at it - a little buff and blend and Miss Well Dressed is so well behaved - looking innocent, subtle, never overdone and ever so slightly glowy. (I'm not sure how this would work for darker skin tones - it would possibly show up chalky)..My skin is pretty pale and pasty especially in winter.

I'm enjoying applying this with a flat top kabuki as I find the dense brushes really help to blend this in so nicely so it just looks like healthy flushed skin. Loving this blush with a brighter eye look and paired with a soft natural / pale lippie like Mac Creme Cup - so pretty.

Even though this blush is a little high-lighting on it's own this looks really pretty paired with Mac Soft and Gentle or with some Meteorites Balls dusted over the top of the cheekbones.

This would certainly have been a repurchase - but I have just made a discovery rifling through my blush hoarde - Well dressed is a perfect exact dupe for Benefit Thrrrob. On my NC15 skin with a definite yellow undertone - these two swatch the same and on my skin look exactly the same - Wish I had worked that one out before buying them both :)

If you have the same skin tone as me this may be something to consider if you already own Thrrrob.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ambergray

LOVE! Use this everyday with an MUA stippling brush and gives a natural glow, lovely blush and looks like I've hardly used it even though I've used it everyday for a few months:D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a cool-toned light lilacky pink. I find it to be very flattering on me (light, yellow/olive). Lately, I've found peach-toned pinks and reddish blushes tend to make my cheeks look a little blotchy as they emphasize any redness.

It's sheer, so I use the #116 brush to apply it. It is not very pigmented, so I usually need to layer it a little bit to get the best effect. The texture is smooth, but perhaps a little too lightweight. It does not last the entire workday, unfortunately.

I'm not sure if I'll repurchase. This is a pretty color, but the quality could be better. I intend to find a dupe that has better lasting power.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by meggomyyeggo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I always here about this being everyone's HG blush and I don't get the hype. I bought it because I thought it would be the perfect everyday light pink blush, boy was I wrong. My skin tone is NW20 and this barely shows up on me. It looks so pretty in the pan, I just wish it was more pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This is a blush you have to try on. In the winter this shows up as a light pink with a sheen. Love it. Now as I'm a little darker it turns into a peachy coral. I have pretty strong yellow undertones so I'm guessing that's why this is happening. I really don't know. I thought it would be too light this time of year, but I was wrong. Would buy this again.