April 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Treatments - Joico - Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm for thick or coarse hair

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Atrinibeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awesome stuff! I've been using a different product line for a long time and have recently discovered that I was allergic. Needless to say I needed to switch and find a new shampoo and conditioner. I don't know why I didn't use this sooner! I will definitely repurchase this along with the Joico sulfate free shampoo. I'm looking forward to getting the same amazing results all the time in my 4a/3c transitioning hair :) it's expensive and the packing is awkward but it's so worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Betto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Didn't really do anything for my dry hair. I've actually bought this two times; The first time I tried this was after bleaching and coloring my hair. At the time my hair was sooo dry and porous, I didn't expect any product to work, really. Used it a few times, hoping the moisture level of my hair strands would improve, but nah, no difference. I ended up giving it away. Bought it again because of the high reviews, silly me! This time my hair was not that damaged, and only slighlt dry. Made my hair feel a little bit smoother while in the shower, but after rinsing and letting my dry hair it was back to normal. I've had more success with drugstore conditioners, even the dirt cheap ones.

I wanted to give this product one lippie only - it's quite expensive, and it didn't improve the condition of my hair at all, not a wee bit. But I gave it two, as Iit didn't make my hair worse. Hmm. It has some nice ingredients, don't know why it didn't work for me...

As a side note, I bought the Kerastase Bain Miroir shampoo (no. 2? Think they d/c or reformulated it). I didn't really expect much from a shampoo, I put my money in treatments and conditioners instead. But after ONE wash my hair felt smoother and shinier, and it even removed brassy tones..!! So, it cannot be that my hair was too damaged. I tried the Masquintense treatment too, for thick/coarse hair, and it made my hair almost too smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by miaow94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is by far the best hair treatments i've used. I have naturally wavy, leaning towards curly, thick hair. I wash my hair every other day. sometimes my scalp can get oily but most of the time the majority ends of my hair are split ends. I do use heat protectant on my hair when i straighten it but it still manages to stay dry and brittle. then i came across this product in a warehouse sale for about 9 dollars so i decided to give it a try and 2 years later i'm still using this product. i think the buttery ingredients in this treatment is where all the magic comes from. every time i would squeeze a decent sized glob onto my palms and apply it on my hair, starting from the ends, then i would use my fingers to comb through the rest of the remaining product only hands to the rest of my hair. i usually tie it up then move on to body wash. after that, i would rinse the balm out of my hair and instantly, i just feel a huge difference in my hair. it detangles, soften, and smooths out your hair. this a wonderful product i would recommend this to anyone who has coarse dry hair like myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by babyshamble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best conditioning treatment I have ever used and one of the only hair products that I will always continue to repurchase. One thing though is that your hair does get used to it, so remember to alternate it with something else. For reference I have relaxed, colour treated hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by icallitbliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing. HG, even. My hairdresser used this on me a few months ago after I got some highlights done.

Yesterday I was trying to decide whether to buy this or It's a 10 Miracle Mask. I decided on this because I remembered how much my hair agreed with it. I used it this afternoon and my hair feels so incredibly soft. And yes, I have fine hair. It's not greasy at all.

I highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very fine but thick hair that falls in loose waves. It's chronically dry and I struggle to find products that deliver enough moisture to quench it.

I wish this product didn't contain silicone but I haven't found anything better for adding moisture when my hair is really parched. I love using it as a mask. My hair is like butter afterward.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by eskimojoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading all the good reviews i wanted to love this. As soon as this touched my skin i broke out in a red rash- wow did i burn and itch. This sometimes happens with highly frangranced products.

I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lately I don't know what's up with my hair, but it's drier and frizzier than it's ever been. I have coarse wavy/curly hair and it's long, and DRY! I'm on a search to find something that will deeply moisturize. This does a decent job (I'm still frizzy and dry after, but not as much) but I've got to knock off a lippie for the fact that it's got tons of silicones and doesn't protect hair color. I prefer lines that are a bit greener and natural. This one isn't it. But I would still recommend it to anyone who would like a heavy conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I really like this product now that I figured out how to make it work for me. This conditioner is extremely thick and heavy. The first two times I used it, it left my hair so greasy and weighed down I thought it was a complete product fail. It just never seemed to rinse out completely no matter how hard I tried.
A little background on my hair: it's thick and especially dry at the ends. Regular heat-styling. I have a lot of problems with the ends getting tangly & snarled. Some breakage, the tangles don't help. When it comes to conditioner, the more moisturizing the better. Usually a thick and heavy conditioning treatment is exactly what I need, but this product just wasn't working out for me.
Giving it one last chance, I used the Joico Balm just on the bottom two inches or so of my hair after applying a different, lighter conditioner to the rest. Beautiful results!! I was both impressed and amazed. My hair was soft and smooth all the way down to the ends, even for 2-3 days between washes. I could run my fingers or a comb all the way through without getting caught on a tangle. Significantly reduced breakage! It's like I have a new head of hair. Another plus, by using it only on my ends the tube will last a really long time. I love what this does for my hair and I will absolutely buy this again.
While it may be too heavy for all-over use, definitely give this a chance if you have dry thristy ends. This conditioner is so rich & coating it's bound to make a difference. It's amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MrsSkarsgard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favourite moisturising conditioner.