April 16, 2014 | 1587 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by LadyOttawa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a daytime perfume. Has a nice clean laundry fragrance reminiscent of Tide. Just a small amount behind my ears lasts through the entire work day without reapplication and is not overpowering. As a result, the bottle lasts for quite a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I ALMOST love this fragrance, but there is an off-putting smell of soap or laundry detergent that I don't like.

It makes me feel like I'm at the laundromat, or that I need to go rinse off because I accidentally left liquid soap on my hands after I washed them.

I think it's the bergamot that does it, because I've read bergamot gives a "soapy barbershop" smell.

If it wasn't for that smell, I'd really like this. This bergamot/soap smell is the reason I don't like the Clean fragrance I tried...maybe Clean Ultimate or another Clean fragrance.

from fragrantica: Top notes are mandarin orange, grapefruit and bergamot; middle notes are freesia, jasmine and rose; base note is musk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by sillage

I sniffed what turned out to be Amazing Grace on a cashier at Tractor Supply several months ago. She was a slim, fashionable, 50's woman with short silver-white hair -- who seemed like she'd be married to an executive and live in an elegant home with a manicured lawn rather than checking out seed & fertilizer at Tractor Supply.

While she was checking out my cat's Front Line Plus, I caught a whiff of her scent -- and it seemed like a very elegant, "high", expensive white floral. I pictured this scent on a red carpet, on Grace Kelly or Mary Tyler Moore -- it seemed refined -- almost icy-clean -- almost metallic -- aloof (as this lady herself was) -- for the rich & reserved -- for a black-tie party. I wondered if it might be a special platinum edition of Romance by Ralph Lauren? -- or Bond No. 9 Union Square? -- or maybe even a Creed?

I caught very subtle whiffs, complimented and asked the name of her perfume, and was surprised when she told me it was Amazing Grace -- which is far less expensive than what I was imagining. It smelled like liquid diamonds on her -- or liquid silver! The way she told me what it was and elaborated (available on QVC, she said), I got the impression it may be her signature.

Her whiffs were subtle -- I only caught them when she moved -- so I suspect she was wearing the original "spray" (cologne/EDT) version. After reading online reviews and complaints about the fleetingness of the original cologne/EDT version, I ordered myself a bottle of the EDP.

I'm wearing the EDP now on this hot 93-degree day, and it's quite strong -- very strong, in fact. Whew. I'm almost wondering if I shouldn't have just bought the cologne/EDT version and sprayed more frequently. To me, this EDP is very strong & lasting, almost too much so for my tastes, especially in hot weather. I sprayed very discreetly, yet it's still quite strong & tenacious. I'm thinking if I ever reorder this, I will probably just go for the cologne/EDT next time.

The scent reminds me of Romance with the addition of a cool, clean-water quality -- also Gendarme, except that Gendarme is more skin-musky. Also a bit on the order of Adidas Moves, which smells like clean, cool water.

Amazing Grace EDP is a clean, cool, sheer, watery, fresh-airy white floral, with a special crystalline, almost icy quality. Strong. It counteracts muggy heat, since it has an air-conditioning-like coolness. It smells expensive, high-class, and aloof -- like a silvery mountain waterfall, like the cool wind slapping your face during a boat ride, like schussing down a ski slope.

The queen of clean scents. Perfume doesn't get much fresher & cleaner than this EDP formulation. The strength & lasting-power are such that for me, it does veer, after several hours, dangerously close to becoming detergenty -- and headachey -- so the original milder strength (which that woman in Tractor Supply I'm guessing might have been wearing) could possibly be preferable for many, including me, than this EDP. But basically, Amazing Grace in any formulation has a very nice freshly-showered clean scent.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Sissy5890

I have a friend who swears this is male attraction in a bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by musicMAKEUPmelodrama

I was so disappointed in this perfume. I bought a 4 oz bottle online banking on the idea that the Amazing Grace perfume would smell identical to the body wash. I really love the body wash but the perfume is way too pungent. It smells pretty good initially but the dry down smells horrible. I don't know if it's just my chemistry. I thought it would be really soapy, light and, elegant smelling but it just reeks like cheap old lady perfume. It also gives me a bad headache.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Piper47

Well, I was warned that this was a light scent! On me, it's a no scent! I bought this at Nordstrom today & will be returning it. Such a shame too - it smells so good on other people, that I thought 'oooh finally an EDP, this will be great!' but nope. I sprayed it about 30 minutes ago, asked my husband to sniff my wrist and he couldn't even smell it. I got a real soapy smell at first (almost rancid) but then it's a pretty fragrance once it dries down but then it vanishes; it's lighter than light

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful fragrance, clean, fresh, flowery, and very feminine. I fell in love with it the first time I tried it, and bought it on the spot. I hardly ever do this. Unfortunately, the scent fades after about two hours, which is unacceptable to me in a fragrance, so I will not repurchase it. I'll continue to enjoy the bottle I have, though. This layers well with Chanel Coco, and will last all day, although the scent is different of course, but still very pretty. I recommend experimenting with layering this with stronger, spicy fragrances to see if you can get more mileage out of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by deepa1026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I know this runs counter to other people's experiences with this scent, but I found this scent to be quite harsh, which is often my experience with scents in this "clean / shower-fresh" genre. It smelled to me like strong, synthetic cleaning detergents.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I'm just not a fan of anything from this line. I love the idea behind it & how simple & pure the products from this line seem, but when I actually go to use something from this line, I get a reverse effect than what this would seem to be. This perfume was no different. I actually received a sample of this, & it's way too musky for my taste. It then turns kind of powdery & floral...which I can handle most of the time, but with this one I couldn't for some reason. It may smell great on some people, but it's just not my taste. I also do not believe the price of this is justifyable. This scent fades quickly & is just simply not worth the high price. Overall, I would not buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by acciocoffee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This scent seems nice at first. I wore it a couple of times, but since it has become grating on my nose. I work in a hospital and something about this fragrance draws nurses like flies (similar to the Coach bag effect among the same crowd). I suppose they believe it smells fresh and clean, but really it just smells synthetic.