Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

3.6

on 8/3/2015 1:20:00 PM

I know perfumes are soo personal and subjective..but..here is my take on this..

I do not get the the widespread popularity this had some time ago. I bought one of these little 'travel sized' bottles at Sephora (that little island of death that they draw you in and you spend more money while you wait in line to check out), and thankfully I did not get the full-sized bottle. Such a disappointment.

Again, I know fragrance is a personal thing, so I will just be as subjective as I can. First off, this does not last on me more than 3 hours. For a fragrance with this price tag, I just expect more (for any fragrance, really, but esp one that is more higher-priced, and yes, I realize this is geared to be more of a 'softer' scent). Second, I get not one compliment when I wear this. I often get compliments when I wear a fragrance, but nothing is ever said when I wear this. That tells me it really is "nothing special". Third, and I know this is really personal, but really, the cap on this..? Looks like a cheap cap on a pop bottle or something?!! I do like the clean, classic design of the bottle itself, but if you do not care for the scent, then what is the point of appreciating a basic-looking bottle..?

I would suggest if you want to try this out, either get that travel-size, or even try a body spray that I find at Rite Aid and sometimes at Kmart, called Skin Below The Chin, roughly $5.00 for a rahter large-sized bottle, and actually lasts much longer during the day (ime) than Amazing Grace.

on 3/25/2015 6:17:00 PM

I have all of them, fragrance, spritz, and perfume and none of them last more than 5 min on me. I hate that because I love the smell, but I feel like this is such a ripoff and I refuse to buy it any longer. I bought the perfume version thinking it would last longer but unfortunately it is just more money without any advantage. The lotion lasts a little longer but the smell is not as nice as the spray. I am very disappointed.

on 3/25/2015 9:41:00 AM

I love how fresh and clean this fragrance smells! It's got just the right amount of feminine floral. My favorite thing about it is that it's not overpowering. Love it!

on 2/18/2015 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Fresh clean soap & freesia is pretty much all I pick up I this perfume. I have a love/hate for it lol sometimes when I wear this its amazing other times its overwhelming lol

This isn't one I wear a lot because my husband really hates it. And thanks to my mom I have a big bottle of it lol so I wear this once in a great while if that....one spritz is all I need cuz on me its super long lasting.

on 1/26/2015 4:03:00 PM

I love this fragrance. I use the body wash and perfume. It is light, but its very feminine and clean. This is something I like to wear when I don't want a "perfumey" scent on that day. My husband always tells me that's his favorite scent on me.

on 1/11/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm reviewing the 2 fl. oz "spray fragrance" that came with a 3-piece value set from Sephora, What a disappointment. I love the Amazing Grace scent, I think it's the perfect clean and feminine scent, but this spray has to be 99% water no exaggeration. It lasts only a few minutes on my skin, and maybe a few hours (if even that) on my clothes. The shower gel is similar, very light and the fragrance disappears immediately, and it is a very drying, sulfate-drenched formula. It came with a jar of whipped body cream that is a bit stronger, definitely the stand out. I can smell that on my skin more than the perfume, but again not for long. This is my first go with a fragrance from philosophy and I'm really surprised to find two incredibly watery, weakly scented items. Very deceptive set, because they are all a good size and seem like a great deal. Too good to be true, with little to no fragrance power it was not worth the money. Just a warning to maybe beware of bargains from philosophy, I think they are screwing people over.

on 6/23/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I received a sample size of Amazing Grace perfume and body lotion a few weeks ago. I love trying new fragrance, so the next day I didn't hesitate to slather the lotion on and put a few dabs of perfume on my wrists and collarbones.

Upon first sniff, Amazing Grace smells a little bit like soapy sunscreen (not tropical, but whatever the chemical is in sunscreen that gives it an spf).

As it continued to dry, I started to pick up on the floral. The chemical soap scent began to give way to a funereal white floral. Something about this fragrance (name included) reminds me of calling hours at an expensive funeral home. Like the perfume of grieving old widows mixed with floral arrangements and the unmistakable touch of embalming fluid.

Every time I smelled my wrist for an update, a wash of melancholy came over me.

After about 5 hours of wear, the only scent I could detect was a pitiful powdery floral musk.

This perfume made me miss my grandpa and made my boss inquire as to what smelled like old ladies and bug spray.

4 words:
Headache inducing soapy monstrosity.

There was something about this that was heavy, soapy, and just enough of a hint of sweet that I felt nauseous at first spritz. I valiantly gave this not one, not two, but THREE tries before realizing that whatever scent it was people were raving about when they tried this, it was NOT that same scent on my skin.

I am mostly unable to wear ANY Philosophy perfumes, they use something that quite literally just sickens me.

(crosspost)

on 4/21/2014 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Amazing Grace is probably the most iconic of all the Philosophy fragrances. Chances are, you have smelled this one someone. I've been wearing Philosophy for almost 10 years but I always stayed away from Amazing Grace due to the fact that it is a light scent. There was never anything special about it to me. Then I started wearing Philosophy perfumes a lot more when I became a nurse. I liked how subtle they were. Falling in Love is my favorite Philosophy perfume and I always get complimented when I wear it. I tried Pure Grace and it smelled like pure soap, very clean. I decided to give Amazing Grace a try and I'm glad I did. It has a light floral scent with a clean undertone. It just smells comforting. Sometimes I want to just smell nice. This is a great work fragrance. It works well with my body chemistry. I like to layer it with the body wash and lotion. It will last all day if I do that.

on 12/3/2013 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely a daytime perfume. Has a nice clean laundry fragrance reminiscent of Tide. Just a small amount behind my ears lasts through the entire work day without reapplication and is not overpowering. As a result, the bottle lasts for quite a while.

Popular Fragrances